by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 03:43:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L22FUN Suzuka: December 14, 2022
December 14, 2022, 08:32:19 PM +0000 - Suzuka (GP) - UKGTL Season 22 Non-Championship Events
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo GTA (#958) TC-65 D2 2 +1.184
86.489mph
1 56:15.832
85.635mph
22 2:32.354
86.249mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA (#956) TC-65 D2 1 2:30.747
87.169mph
2 +31.547
84.842mph
22 2:32.093
86.397mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Lotus Cortina (#904) TC-65 D2 3 +1.700
86.197mph
3 +33.981
84.782mph
22 2:31.396
86.795mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA (#922) TC-65 D2 5 +3.489
85.197mph
4 +1:15.296
83.767mph
22 2:33.284
85.726mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford Mustang (#896) TC-65 D2 4 +3.330
85.285mph
5 +1L
81.223mph
21 2:35.099
84.723mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo GTA (#956) TC-65 D2 6 +5.403
84.153mph
6 +11L 11 2:34.604
84.994mph
suspension
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Cortina (#961) TC-65 D2 7 +12L 10 2:34.661
84.963mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
2:30.747
86.325mph
EvilClive
Qualifying
Alfa Romeo GTADecember 14, 2022, 08:32:19 PM +0000
L22FUN
GT Legends
TC-65 D2
2:31.396
85.955mph
Daz9
Race
Lotus CortinaDecember 14, 2022, 08:32:19 PM +0000
L22FUN
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 22 Non-Championship Events - Suzuka - Dec 14  (Read 599 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2022, 11:01:52 PM +0000 »

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race: 20:30 (22 laps)

Track: 1978 Suzuka GP. Download this (File says Suzuka 88 but it contains two tracks, '78 & '88. We are using the '78).

Cars allowed: Alfa Romeo GTA, Ford Mustang, Lotus Cortina, Mini Cooper S.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 11:48:44 AM +0000 »

offtopic

Don't forget to enter for the Christmas Special

offtopic

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 09:53:24 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 01:38:14 PM +0000 »

Suzuka can be a really nice track with the right car (and the GTA is always right..  Smiley). I Especially like this layout, without the final chicane - the jumps at full bore instead is much more fun!

If there's one staple in UKGTL, then it's Clive & heavy US metal whenever possible. Thus I had no doubt what car he would be driving - that is, until I ventured online to find him in an Alfa, and annoyingly quick to boot..   Shocked

Feared Dan would make his usual phantom start, get ahead and then be impossible to pass, as he would have the advantage on everything resembling a straight.  See in the replay that it was only the concerted effort of Daz & yours truly of being in his way, which prevented this  Cheesy

Got ahead of Clive at the start and had few laps of good battle with him, before he spun under the bridge. Next lap, a little further ahead, at the double left-hander, Daz ploughed straight into the gravel, gifting me the lead.  Fully expected the two gents to stage comebacks, so kept pushing as hard as I could, building a gap, as they were both having fun with Dan.  Race lonely for the remainder; looks like the rest of you guys had much more fun, with 4-5 ways battles.

Grats and commiserations to Clive & Daz.  Dan, fat brown envelope on the way..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 07:20:02 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 03:14:46 PM +0000 »

looks like the rest of you guys had much more fun, with 4-5 ways battles.
Oh yes, we did  thumbup1

Many elbows were well and truly out  Wink

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 06:07:25 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

Nice, but too short one for me and not really competitive.

In general at the moment I have more issues to get my games started: GTL now requires admin rights (I assume after the last update of W10)
and P&G doesn't really start properly anymore Huh
So - there are some things to be done when it'll be a bit less cold .... scared

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 06:25:06 PM +0000 »

Apologies for the confusion around car choice guys. lol

The plan was indeed to take the heavy iron for this race and it was the first car that I tried. Just as Dan proved to all our frustration in the race, it was awesome on the straight bits.
Having clocked a 1:34 offline in the Mustang I thought it only proper to at least try the other cars. I tried the Lotus Cortina, but in the time available I could not get the handling to where I wanted it. Then I recalled that I used a very nice setup that I had used at Donington with an Alfa. Some digging through the various installs of GTL unearthed the setup.
From the first lap in the Alfa it just felt right and it was 2 seconds faster than the Mustang without any drama. A small tweak to the gears and brake balance and it was just about perfect....... so with great regret I left the Mustang on the trailer and went all Italian.

I actually ran a low fuel quali setup and surprised myself with the time, it just did not feel that much quicker ( a lesson there I think?).

Too much wheelspin off the grid allowed far too many cars to jump me and I just managed to muscle onto Erling's tailpipes and 3rd on the run up the hill. My initial fears were realised by having both the resident aliens in front of me.  Undecided The pace was frantic and fast but the Alfa felt great. The spin under the bridge was an instinctive when Daz went a little wide on that corner and I feared he was about to spin. too much right hand lock and my tyres gave up the fight for grip. Of course that allowed Dan and his followers through  Sad and dictated the progress of the rest of the race). Daz's "off" dropped him back into the Mustang melee but more importantly allowed Erling to escape.
Kudos to Dan for some tremendous driving to keep that ruddy Mustang filling my windscreen!! I was trying everything to squeeze past, but realised that I had to make the pass early in the laps or Dan would simply blow past on the fast sections  ninja

There were up to 4 cars queuing for a pop at Dan for several laps and the battle was giving Erling a 3 second advantage on each lap it continued. Finally Dan ran just wide enough at T1 to leave a chance and I was through and away ...FREE AT LAST!!! lol Now I was hoping that Dan would do a similar job on Daz and Tony whilst I escaped. Dan did a reasonable job  thumbup1, but the 5 laps fighting to get past him had taken the life out of my tyres and I could not match my best laptimes without risking an expensive excursion.
Dan eventually allowed Daz to pass and I knew that the chase was on. I was able to maintain the 12 second gap back to Dan, but lack of rubber prevented me worrying Erling. Then with 3 laps to go I got a bit too excited out of the hairpin and did a 180 spin  scared. My 12 second lead was down to 4secs and now I could see Daz and his Cortina in my mirror......never a good thing.
I was able to manage the gap to see me home in 2nd spot, but it was buttock clenching with worn tyres. A little disappointed to find that I still had 25 litres of fuel in the tank as I crossed the line, must improve my maths calculations!!
Grats to Erling on the win, but YES you did miss some classic tintop door banging with Dan, Tony, Matt and Daz ( and me !!)

Great fun and who cares about the result  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 01:20:50 PM +0000 »

Honestly, this was the most fun I've had in some time on track.

Been getting my arse kicked on ACC recently at LFM, and had done quite a few races on Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon, possibly too many.

The Cortina is my go to option in TC65, always has been, and whilst I know the Alfa is better I just love the Tina. When I jumped in it on Wednesday I just couldn't sort it out at all, despite loading my own setup I have used successfully for years now. This meant I just didn't do the laptimes the car was capable of, particularly in qualifying! The driving style needed was very different to ACC....

I did get a good jump from the lights, and as Erling says I essentially put my car right in Dans way, not deliberate by any means other than I was trying to go past Clive who was a bit slower off the grid. I did do a couple of decent laps at the start, mostly running for my life as the two Alfas behind were definitely quicker than me on parts of the lap. But then as has been said, I just drove off the track at Spoon corner, into one of the largest gravel traps I have ever visited! Took a while to extricate myself....I can only think that I locked the brakes and it went straight on instead of left, I had been locking up at the hairpin also. ACC needs max braking from me to get the laptimes going the right way, and I'm thinking it was just muscle memory kicking in.

This put me to the back, but I closed in on what proved to be everyone bar Erling, all in a queue behind the lardy Mustang of Dan. I had several goes at getting past once I was tucked up behind him, whilst also watching my mirrors for Tony, Clive and Matt. We were all jostling for a go at him, every time he held one off someone else jumped into the space, but he kept us back for some time. I knew if Clive got through he would get away, and so it proved, and it took me another couple of laps to make a pass stick. That 10-15 minutes or so was just brilliant though, very busy indeed, hope there was no inadvertent contact anywhere....

Grats to Erling for being able to bugger off, Mr. Consistent strikes again  Grin

And grats to Clive on his fantastic pace in the Alfa.  Grin. Couple more laps might have been interesting, but I think the damage my car had was enough to mean I couldn't do anything other than keep pace with you, so a well deserved second spot.
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 04:48:03 PM +0000 »

Glad my slow Mustang provided so much fun (and sweat) for all of us thumbup1
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2022, 09:08:18 AM +0000 »

Santa Dan just keeps on giving, ho! ho! ho!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com