The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 05:32:29 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash Cams? Any recommendations, thoughts, etc?  (Read 197 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2022, 12:32:45 PM +0000 »

I'm looking for the best front view only dashcam.

Would love to hear from any users who have positive/negative comments with any model recommendations.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 05:08:40 PM +0000 »

I have dashcam and a rear view cam. The dashcam saved my No Claims bonus when I was rear ended a couple of years ago and there have been several near misses where the ability to produce unquestionable evidence would no doubt have helped any claims etc.

IMHO points to look out for....
I would suggest that no one camera is actually that much better than the rest. I would look for a camera with decent resolution, but most important is the memory card usually an SD type. I would go for the biggest capacity card as most decent cameras will "roll around" the recordings so that they overwrite the oldest clips when the card is full.
There should be the capacity on the camera to sense sudden G-forces and "save" the current recording from 2 mins before ( or similar) also a button on the actual camera that will do the same job if you want to preserve the latest clip. These clips get saved into a separate directory and are protected from overwriting so that you can keep them safe.
Also nice to have the facility to take the SD card and plug it into your laptop to review the clips.

Hope this helps your good wife choose your Christmas present....or maybe you are buying one for her??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com