by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 11:46:28 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTC-65 Skin Pack v1.4 Test: August 02, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Pre-Season 3 (GTC-65) - Spa - Aug 2  (Read 10536 times)
Johnb

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21:55 PM +0100 »

Me again whats the new password
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2007, 08:22:41 PM +0100 »

Me again whats the new password

It's in the event page...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/index.php?ind=lm2&event=388

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2007, 08:52:53 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the bale, had to go. No skin problems to report Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2007, 08:56:25 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the bale, had to go. No skin problems to report Smiley

Me neither. Was fully intending to take part but my normally lovely TVR felt like a wardrobe on jelly with a tendency to suddenly lock the rears under braking - strange because it was a setup I've used before. Between that and me feeling utterly exhausted it wasn't looking like fun for me or anyone on track near me so I decided to go do something less exciting.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2007, 09:16:29 PM +0100 »

Had no practice whatsoever.
Just fancied a race and had some time tonight.

Choose the Elan as i was the only car I could afford and no idea what is good, bad or indifferent.

Came to join and realised I had not downloaded skins. The download rate was really slow, so by the time I downloaded it and installed it I did not even get time for one full lap during qualification.

I started last on the grid and the standing start did not go too well. Race started then the car ahead of me stopped dead and I nudged the back of him, sorry but I really could not do anything about it.

Gained a number of positions and was having a bit of a battle with Will16v swapping positions at various times.

Sadly I put tyres off the track and lost the back end which sent me across track into barrier. The damage caused the car to draw badly to one side which made the car underivable.

It was good fun while it lasted.
Johnb

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2007, 09:26:10 PM +0100 »

Well that was my first ever race on line with GLT, used to play GLP many years ago on dial up.
Not really had much time to perfect the track,the Elan was running a bit slow tonight, must be the Jack Daniels effect switched on!! look forward to the next series, Thanks again for the Help with the skins earlier.

John  Wink Wink Wink
Adam Parle
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2007, 09:41:13 PM +0100 »

That was fun and frustrating in equal measure.  Just kept losing it on the same corners - and in the end a lapse of concentration put me into a wall at quite a pace ... broken suspension.  Ah well, the start seemed okay, and looked great in the dawn setting - and no problems withthe skin pack to report so that's all good.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2007, 09:50:40 PM +0100 »

Yep all fine for skins for me too....and our Daytonas looked the sexiest cars on track by far  Kiss

Shame it felt like trying to slow down the QE2 at the Bus stop, that car is ridiculous under braking Roll Eyes
Had several spins there no matter what different braking efforts i tried...other than starting to brake at La source, then it just about stopped in time for Bus stop  Grin

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2007, 09:55:37 PM +0100 »

First race with my new wheel, it has the unfortunate habit of crashing my usb headset I use for TS, despite 3 or 4 resets I just couldn't get it to work Sad so I'll be using a standard mic for S6.  Other than that it was much harder using the gated shift, but fun at the same time Cheesy

No practice beforehand and got around 6th in quali.  For the race I joined with 3 sec left, by the time I was ready properly the lights were green and  I lost 3 or 4 places at least.  First time at speed through Eau Rouge, understeered straight off slamming into the barriers and cartwheeling across the track.  When I was put the right way up, the suspension seemed ok so I kept going!  From then on I was just having fun sliding the car and slowly catching people, ending up where I qualified.

No problems from what I could see, though for most of the race I was trying to stop myself selecting the wrong gear Cheesy Shocked Cool

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2007, 09:56:58 PM +0100 »

Results and replay available.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:57:49 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2007, 09:59:12 PM +0100 »

No skin troubles.....except all the scrapes on my knees and elbows from the tarmac Grin

kept swapping places with Adam an Will...which one of us would fall off next? Luckily though I managed to survive and miss the walls so got to the end.

Totally enjoyed and look forward to S3 starting. This is gonna be FUN. Grin

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2007, 10:01:23 PM +0100 »

Well that was a surprise. Chose the Cobra, put in one lap in qually where I didn't fall off and then apart from losing to the Elans against my wheel-spin city Cobra off the line after Eau Rouge I led from to the finish.

I find the Cobra quite similar to drive to the Pantera which might explain why I go ok in it. I'm sure my pace was nothing special compared to what others could have done in the Cobra, but didn't have a single spin and only one moment on lap 1 where the damn thing just wouldn't slow down for the revised bus stop and I had to go straight through it, slowed down from the big advantage to let Madd-Ripp catch up and then went again.

Spa is a pain for standing starts cause you have to hold the brake to stop it from rolling down the hill (well I did in the Cobra anyway) so getting off the brake and releasing the clutch is much slower, which might explain my massive wheelspin off the line (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it Tongue). Didn't see how the standing start went off behind me so any reports on that?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2007, 10:03:50 PM +0100 »

PB in quali and a demon start to get in front  clap (albeit for a VERY! short time) I tried to hang on to shark but that Cobra just left me on the straights  wheelchair Managed to eek out a gap to the fight going on behind me but my car had waaaay to much juice in it, I finished with half a tank, muppet.  oops
Having so much fuel also made my car a little slower in the corners but I managed to hold off Mooman and Baracus to finish 2nd, an excellent race and no probs with the skins as far as I could tell.
In my opinion the standing start makes it  more fun, most of us have driven here for a couple of years so know (hopefully) that an intentional bang at the start just isn't on the cards anymore, we give each other room, and if any bump does occur.....well it is racing!  Grin

Mooman117

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2007, 10:06:30 PM +0100 »

Great fun race for me. Apart from I forgot that cars go faster in gear off the line. Lost about 4 places, Damn. Had fun getting them back though. Was racing a vette for about 2 laps, kept drawing level out of corners only to be blasted past down the next straight. Had to employ a bit of a faint down the outside in order to get the vette to out brake itself into the Des Fanges, (medium speed left right after the fast double apex right about 1/2 way round) before switching back to the inside (formula ford style) and got enough of a gap to stay ahead into the bus stop and was gone.

Caught up with two elans and had a good scrap for a bit. Managed  to get a good run through Eau Rouge and took both of them down the straight. Few laps before the end caught up with Madd RIP and his oil tanker raing elan (had a bit to much fuel on board). Unfortunately my rears were getting a bit worn and I had a bit of a spin and lost a couple of places. Unfortunately an incident with a back marker for P4 gifted me another place on the second to last lap.

Overall good race. Rolling start seemed to work well and from what I could see generally good driving standards from all I raced with.

Thanks Guys
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2007, 10:09:10 PM +0100 »

Few laps before the end caught up with Madd RIP and his oil tanker racing elan (had a bit to much fuel on board). Unfortunately my rears were getting a bit worn and I had a bit of a spin and lost a couple of places.
Shame I didn't have a Bond gadget and dump it in front of you! may have had a more relaxing race!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com