The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 05:40:45 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC season 19 - AC/AR Challenge  (Read 11446 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2023, 12:28:41 PM +0000 »

Welcome to season 19!
As originally stated this series will run with the 289 AC Cobras - there will also be a second class featuring the Alfa GTA providing it gets a minimum of 3 drivers, please confirm what you intend to drive on this thread so I can plan accordingly.  Smiley
This season will start on the 18th of January.

The 289 Cobra was rapidly over-shadowed by the vastly more powerful 427 in competition use, but that didn't stop it from becoming an immensely popular competitor at club level events - which is exactly what this season is designed to replicate.
As such we will be visiting smaller circuits more befitting to club status, in addition it will also make life easier for the Alfa grid (should it materialise) to cause the snakes some troubles at the twistier venues.
Due to the requested mixed grid I will run the S1 variant of the Cobras, this was balanced to be on a par with the historic racing variants and doesn't use modern tires - again giving some slightly more realistic interactions with the GTA's.

Races will be roughly 40 minutes in length, but determined by laps.
Tires & fuel will be set to 100% usage, damage to 80%

There will be no mandatory pit stops but I suspect the Cobras will need tires at some venues if driven hard Wink

Track list: (Subject to alteration if necessary)

Aviano Short (Stock nK Tongue )
Bridgehampton
New Jersey Motorsports Park: Lightning
Magione (Stock AC)
High Plains North
Villa Bordeu
Laguna Seca (Stock AC)
St Jovite Nord
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 05:17:19 PM +0000 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 12:28:59 PM +0000 »

Reserved for driver list
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 03:06:09 PM +0000 »

I'm happy that the 'real' 289 thing made her place in the series to the detriment of the modern-ish-ed one (but not me who asked for this).

Fyi Tim, it seems that Aviano is a nKarPro sim, not AC. I guess you're referring to its converted version here :
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/aviano-cirquit-for-assetto-corsa.19852/

Happy new year everyone !!

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 05:18:39 PM +0000 »

Brain fart here Cheesy
I had netKar too so kind of forget which sim has what sometimes given that I have near enough all the nKar conversions in AC!

If you're still in contact with Jos can you give him a nudge? I would think this is right up his street!
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 06:12:28 PM +0000 »

If you're still in contact with Jos can you give him a nudge? I would think this is right up his street!

Sure I will, but he's in a big off season I'm afraid..  Undecided

Note : Done Smiley
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:46:09 AM +0000 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 09:11:49 AM +0000 »

Ok, cool. I think I will go for the Cobra then. Nice to have some new tracks to discover too.

Should we try out these cars? Looks like there are 3 cars out with the BMW not having LOD's ready yet, so that one could give some performance issue's. But that is what tests are for no? I recall the last touring cars series had quite a few drivers on the grid..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWm84-3to10&t=462s

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 11:56:44 AM +0000 »

Thanks for taking up the suggestion for the Alfa Tim  Cool  I was not looking forward to Cobras and hope we have a few more in the Alfas as it will spice things up for everyone imo.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 11:58:56 AM +0000 »

Talk about scope creep!

I remember people liked the track version of the AC and you said about doing a series with it... which has now become the worse handling one... plus the Alfa! You say second class... so they are not considered to be close on lap times?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 12:15:55 PM +0000 »

At Magione they were being lapped every 7/8 laps or so by the AI.
I didn't want to mix the grid but have people saying they won't drive the Cobra Roll Eyes

As for worse handling the S1 on it's classic spec tires handles much better, you can balance it on the brakes and throttle - the Modernised car is more about throwing it and brute force.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 05:53:20 PM +0000 »

Sure I will, but he's in a big off season I'm afraid..  Undecided

Note : Done Smiley

Actually I see that he didn't even connect to FB since end of november..   blink  Cry

Also known as "Solmyr"
MaxVeloce
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 11:11:13 PM +0000 »

so what track for weds, Aviano ?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 11:52:05 PM +0000 »

Not bothering - no one can even be bothered commenting on whether they aren't turning up.
Off to race the RSS F1970's at THR instead
MaxVeloce
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2023, 11:56:06 PM +0000 »

Sad   I know I have been guilty of that sometimes so its hard to argue...

Hopefully will join those THR races then  Wink

edit:  I did test that RSS car last weekend at Bridgehampton and its a total blast  Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2023, 09:27:15 AM +0000 »

I should add, thanks to the 4 people who did actually respond - but that's hardly a race series unfortunately. Especially for GT as he would have been driving about on his tod in the lone Alfa.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 11:28:41 AM +0000 »

That's a shame, but can see how it's not worth the effort needed to organise these events when the interest is so low. I was looking forward to getting in the way of the cobras as they were lapping me too  Cheesy

Hope to join both THR series, if I can get on the grid and if my CPU doesn't melt. Just a reminder, if you've not already raced in 3 non championship events, for example those held on Saturdays or Wednesdays, I believe you'll need to contact admin at THR to be allowed entry to the championship races held on Sundays. I think you also need to pre-qualify midweek on the quali server and set a minimum number of laps.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com