The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 09:49:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC season 19 - AC/AR Challenge  (Read 11436 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 04:48:41 PM +0000 »

Already got myself authorised Wink
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2023, 05:43:19 PM +0000 »

Just a reminder, if you've not already raced in 3 non championship events, for example those held on Saturdays or Wednesdays, I believe you'll need to contact admin at THR to be allowed entry to the championship races held on Sundays. I think you also need to pre-qualify midweek on the quali server and set a minimum number of laps.

Damn, I read this somewhere indeed !..  Shocked Cry
In the end if I fail to register into the next coming events due to those very wise rules btw (given it's widely open at 1st), then I will definitely try to get in this community as it looks great, big, pretty dynamic, generous etc !

About srouk, I regret it of course, but everything has to come to an end one day or another I guess, and it's been a long time now that we've been pretty low numbers on the grids.
I totally understand Tim being quite gutted to put a lot of organising work for a series starting with so few fellow drivers.  Roll Eyes

Also known as "Solmyr"
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2023, 05:50:04 PM +0000 »

You can apply to admin and request to bypass the usual entry requirements by giving your history and linking them to your racing record here. It's just a measure to keep the nutters away.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2023, 05:53:33 PM +0000 »

Already got myself authorised Wink

I'm afraid not being yet Tim. I think I can ask for a replay review or something like that in order to be allowed, but it might be a tad late now for such a big event.
And on the other hand, they told there were only a couple or possible registrations, they're 23/30 or something yet !

So I wanted to tell you Tim, feel free to make pair with @goldtop if ever he can get in ! I don't want to prevent you from the fun and it's no problem at all, there will be plenty of other events.

Also known as "Solmyr"
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2023, 05:54:43 PM +0000 »

You can apply to admin and request to bypass the usual entry requirements by giving your history and linking them to your racing record here. It's just a measure to keep the nutters away.

Indeed mate, you're right. What about you, can you make it ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2023, 06:07:15 PM +0000 »

Indeed mate, you're right. What about you, can you make it ?

I hadn't planned on racing the endurance because I can't really devote much prep time to it this coming week. I can put myself down as a place holder for you if you like in case you don't get registered in time?

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2023, 06:43:39 PM +0000 »

Since everyone is going there, what's THR?

Edit: I think I found their site.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 07:05:23 PM +0000 by Syd Drake » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2023, 12:45:27 PM +0000 »

Am another guilty of not replying to this thread. I did check in regularly but it was dead. Sadly despite a 2 month 'off season' spell for me, this planned new series starts on exactly the same day as my regular Porsche series kicks off  Sad I did umm and aar a while as do love racing the vintage stuff on here but equally my P Series has a 40 car grid rather than a handful we get here.  Cry I was still intending to race here on the off weeks as mine runs bi-weekly but guess its been binned now. Shame as a nice set of classics to race, but its this ancient website that doesnt pull in any newer faces. I dont even know where you can post nowadays to attract more racers, they must be out there.  Huh

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2023, 08:55:35 AM +0000 »

I am sad to see that we are not racing AC anymore in the forseing future. Had a good time racing with you guys and will miss the weekday racing. Not too sure if I can free up time in the weekends, so will see where will race next.
I will check in now and then to see if I can hook up with some of you racing with other community's. And maybe later on AC2 will give a fresh impuls around here....

School is important, but race cars are importanter
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2023, 06:10:27 PM +0000 »

I'm hoping to see a surge thanks to AC2 also - and for it to be simple enough I can figure it out (Or prod Pete into doing so Wink )
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2023, 09:35:21 PM +0000 »

I'm going to be taking a break from online racing. In the last three events at THR I was taken out with race ending damage on the first lap and that was after managing to dodge many other incidents caused by some pretty shocking driving. It's what to expect when I'm racing near the back of the grid I suppose but just not enjoyable and not worth putting the effort in to practice for that.

AC events at Simracing GP seem to be on the wain too.... the only series that seem to get any numbers these days are MX5s, Praga and Formula Tatuus which I find pretty dull.

I don't hold out much hope for AC2 either. It took years to get AC as good as it is today and I've never found any enjoyment in ACC.

Anyway, thanks to all I've raced with here over the years and to all who have organised events past and present. I'll pop my head around the door from time to time to see what's going on. Happy racing  thumbup1

IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2023, 12:34:21 AM +0000 »

I can put myself down as a place holder for you if you like in case you don't get registered in time?

Woops ! Sorry GT I totally forgot to answer you then, thanks for the offer..  Lips Sealed
I was busy as hell to get everything in place for this event and the following ones.

I hope you'll get back to simracing (On THR and/or elsewhere) very soon.. Some crappy chain lightning events happen, just take it easy..  Wink

Also known as "Solmyr"
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2023, 08:13:18 AM +0000 »

Same here as GT. I am putting road racing on the back burner for a few weeks and ramp up my RBR carreer a bit for a change. As said, I don't know if I am into the Saturday/Sunday's racing, as I liked the weekday's around here. To bad to hear SimracingGP isn't the anwser for historic racing either.
So I probably end up signing up with THR and see where it takes me.

I did notice the stream of their enduro-event and watched the last 20 min of the race. They did not show much of the drivers behind the first few, but noticed Tim was racing.
@ Tim, could you give us a short heads up on how that race went?
Cheers

School is important, but race cars are importanter
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2023, 05:15:57 PM +0000 »

Erm - Maxime got taken out in turn 3 of the opening lap and consequently fell to the centre of the earth.
He was eventually allowed out of the pits 3 minutes down and only just on the lead lap (Laptime is roughly 3:39-3:40 for most of the lead bunch).
He managed to climb back upto about 26th I think in the first 1:40 before handing over to me.
I passed what felt like 100 cars in my 2Hrs20 and finally got home in 14th I think, seemingly not all that many seconds over 1 lap down (the Cobra was always going to suffer due to fuel) - there may be some shuffling of the official results yet dependant on penalties and stuff.

This was technically my 3rd race with them - and for the vast majority of the time they are a very good bunch of racers. I went side by side through places at the Deutschlandring where you shouldn't really go side by side with several drivers with plenty of respect given each time.
I've yet to see Maximes incident as it occurred off camera and I haven't DL'd the replay yet, but I suspect it was very bad luck given he  seemed to be almost the only incident in the opening lap despite there being 36 cars Shocked

Based on what I've taken part in I can recommend them - I've already nearly finished skinning my RSS Formula 1970 ready for the next proper season Grin
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2023, 06:45:48 PM +0000 »

The 3 races I had at the deutschring were like dodgems in the opening lap Roll Eyes

The few races prior to that were fine..... really good actually but that was mostly with the regular racers who seem to be very well behaved and respectful AND very quick  Shocked

The part of the grid where I race is where the problems are, non regulars with the usual mix of turn 1, lap 1 heroes amongst them. The penalty system in the championships will eventually sort them out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com