The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 02:16:40 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC season 19 - AC/AR Challenge  (Read 11438 times)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2023, 08:44:40 PM +0000 »

He managed to climb back upto about 26th I think in the first 1:40 before handing over to me.

25th. It would have been fantastic racing but those things happen as we all know.  Roll Eyes

Here is what happened if one wants to watch it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRdjwh7n288

About half of my stint was a desperate try to close the huge gap with back of the pack (apart from 1 car which felt not so healthy too I think).
This was a great experience, and this sense of sharing a same race was very interesting. Eventually Tim still got a rewarding racing moment I guess, grabbing 11 positions !!  laugh

Also known as "Solmyr"
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2023, 09:29:23 AM +0000 »

A free car release from URD.....Surely that negates people moaning about paying for mods!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2023, 10:28:05 AM +0000 »

This Radical is very nicely done..... feels much more convincing than other Rad mods I've tried and would make a nice little series if there was the interest.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2023, 08:09:55 AM +0000 »

Good find! I liked the F4 single seaters, so this should be quite similar I guess. I am up for it.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2023, 12:38:51 PM +0000 »

A free car release from URD.....Surely that negates people moaning about paying for mods!

A simple link would be useful, much more than berate people about their financial capabilities. My 2 cents.

Also known as "Solmyr"
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2023, 12:16:06 PM +0000 »

>: Sad Finally fit enough to race and see everything has folded. Where is everyone racing and is it good and fair.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2023, 02:40:09 PM +0000 »

Sorry Bob - but the numbers just weren't there any more and organising these things took a hell of a lot of time Sad

A few of us have gone here though:
https://thracing.de/
Prepare yourself for a bit of reading and learning though as it's mostly run on a Discord server ( cursing ) so learning your way around takes a while.
Even now I mostly know where I'm going it still just highlights why forums are better when ever I do something Cheesy

To give an idea of the smaller of the 2 weekly series, here's the live stream from last weekends NASCAR race at Watkins.
No commentary as that would cost money that don't often have - also the camera is controlled by a bot so expect a few odd bits of timing for camera/car changes.
https://www.youtube.com/live/LZa-OTJo3xc?feature=share

The 'big' season currently running is the RSS 1970 F1 championship:
https://thracing.de/formula-1970-championship/

This had 43 drivers spread across 2 servers for round 1 Shocked Much like my seasons often do it has 2 'drop' rounds so missing R1 won't affect you if you make most of the remaining races.
Some very good, clean racing - but also a fair few spills and thrills further down the field. I think this is due to the massive grid more than anything else really.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2023, 02:40:58 PM +0000 »

>: Sad Finally fit enough to race and see everything has folded. Where is everyone racing and is it good and fair.

Hey Bob, Tim, Syd and me (and GT I believe but not these days) are on THRacing. Demands a bit of efforts to get used to extensive Discord orga + CM & CSP but a very nice place to drive amongst 20-30 other drivers. Really worth the try imo.

Also known as "Solmyr"
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2023, 02:52:46 PM +0000 »

Thanks to you both will investigate.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2023, 06:56:45 PM +0000 »

I might be tempted to join their fun race tomorrow evening....

http://5.75.183.156:8772/championship/4849cda6-6b55-47b4-beb1-f60e72a1e090?server=4

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2023, 10:16:47 PM +0000 »

I just cant cope with Discord.... it puts me off any league when they point you there!

I was probably going to look into the graphical mods for AC next season... oh well.

For contrast i'm off doing LFM in ACC which can be a bit up and down.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2023, 10:36:39 PM +0000 »

I might be tempted to join their fun race tomorrow evening....

http://5.75.183.156:8772/championship/4849cda6-6b55-47b4-beb1-f60e72a1e090?server=4

I found sunday 70´s F1 series there, thanks for tip GT.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2023, 01:45:36 PM +0000 »

I just cant cope with Discord.... it puts me off any league when they point you there!

I was probably going to look into the graphical mods for AC next season... oh well.

What is LFM spanner?

I am currently racing:

RF2 Porsche @ SRO on a tuesday
RF2 1990 Indycar @ SRO on a Sunday
ACC GT3 @ ACRL on a Sunday

The ACRL sunday league has about 50 DRIVERS split over 2 servers! where did we go wrong  Sad
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2023, 08:25:02 PM +0000 »

Low Fuel Motorsport.... its basically iracing structure for ACC; safety rating, speed rating, race splits based on your ratings. Mostly the races have been ok with some close racing...but theres always some people!

Ive never got on with rF2 and how light he steering gets right when i need feedback into a corner.
Whats ACRL?

What is LFM spanner?

I am currently racing:

RF2 Porsche @ SRO on a tuesday
RF2 1990 Indycar @ SRO on a Sunday
ACC GT3 @ ACRL on a Sunday

The ACRL sunday league has about 50 DRIVERS split over 2 servers! where did we go wrong  Sad

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2023, 09:30:18 PM +0000 »

Ive never got on with rF2 and how light he steering gets right when i need feedback into a corner.

It is funny how different people get on with different sims. I have been racing rF2 at SCB & to me it has some of the best FFB in any sim I have tried, but AC & ACC I just cannot get on with at all, cars just don't seem to have any feel mid corner. I guess it all depends on your equipment & how you have it set up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com