The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 02:43:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC season 19 - AC/AR Challenge  (Read 11431 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2023, 10:21:46 PM +0000 »

Spanner, ACRL is Assetto Corsa Racing League. They do AC & ACC races, currently doing bi-weekly alternating Sunday night leagues for GT3's and Radical SR3.

https://acrlonline.org
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2023, 09:46:16 AM +0000 »

You Luddites, re Discord  laugh i really like that interface for my other racing leagues. Its a breath of fresh air after this (sadly) graveyard of the last few years  Cry
I am still fully booked out at moment in iR leagues so just dip in here every now and then to see if anything exciting planned, but forlornly.  Sad

Might catch up with some of you at the other leagues mentioned here at some point, as i always miss my classics racing. The sunday 70's GP league sounds great but clashes with my GT3 league at the moment.

Just a tip, if you guys have Sky, watch 'Jackie Stewart' the documentary of his racing life. Fantastic plentiful footage of grand prix racing in the 60's and 70's.  Cool

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2023, 05:11:26 PM +0000 »

Another discord channel dedicated to classics AC racing I thought might interest some.....

https://discord.me/vintageac

They hold a couple of weekly drop in events and run well organised weekend series with big grids.

They are about to start a new team multiclass endurance series this Sunday featuring a selection of Group C cars from GT Supreme and the AC Legends GT..... two drivers per team, one in GrpC and one in GT. I think they hold shorter practice races on Saturdays too.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2023, 03:15:45 PM +0000 »

Bugger, really wish i had seen that Sebring race notice, looks fantastic and i was free this weekend  Cry

I was very tempted to race the Spa F1 70's race with the THR mob, i finally signed up and did a load of practise laps but think they have a '3 pre-events rule' before being allowed in a championship race but may have still been able to squeeze in. Anyway, enjoyed doing laps around the fab Spa 60's layout.  Cool

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2023, 03:22:26 PM +0000 »

Bugger, really wish i had seen that Sebring race notice, looks fantastic and i was free this weekend  Cry

I was very tempted to race the Spa F1 70's race with the THR mob, i finally signed up and did a load of practise laps but think they have a '3 pre-events rule' before being allowed in a championship race but may have still been able to squeeze in. Anyway, enjoyed doing laps around the fab Spa 60's layout.  Cool

Sadly the GT supreme cars are a bit meh from when I tried them recently.
As for the F1 - read the notices carefully and you'll see that you can fast-track past the 3 race requirement by following some link or other. That's what Solmyr and I did in order to join them for the 4Hr endurance event at Deutchlandring.
Failing that, do this Wednesdays fun race (currently looks to be RSS GT1's at Barcelona) plus the next 2 Saturday fun events and you'll get ranked and can enter regardless (Next Sunday is NASCAR mind you).

They just run  a second server for the lower qualifiers when numbers exceed one servers worth so you would have made it in easy Wink
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2023, 05:43:04 PM +0000 »

Last night's enduro was one of the best events I've raced in. 15 Group C, 15 GTR and 100+ minutes of hard racing at one of my favourite tracks. I was in an RSR and had race long battles with a Pantera, Nissan and a Capri while getting buzzed by the Group C monsters.... I was totally shattered by the finish  sweatdrop

Of the Group C cars I tried there were some real gems in there even if some of them do look like they're built from Lego. Most of them have suspension and aero from the Kunos LT Porsche but they all manage to feel a bit different and they each have their strengths/weaknesses in performance. Next event is in April for 300KM of modern Spa.

The rest of the series details are here:

http://vintageac.org:9999/championship/f9d10e8f-7d24-4526-93f4-10692c531ca0?server=0

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2023, 03:29:47 PM +0000 »

i love Sebring so would have had a blast, especially in an RSR or Grp C car !  Cool I belonged to the VAC crowd for ages and saw they ran some good events with good cars but i was still racing here and my iR series so never took part. Have rejoined again now and will keep an eye on it for good events.

Re: THR, yes saw there was a GT1 event this wednesday but annoyingly clashes with my P-Cup series otherwise would have attended. Only 3 rounds left of my pcup so hopefully jump onboard a few races after that.  Smiley
With the F1 70's, my 30-50L race fuel times would have put me mid grid of your Server A group according to stracker late saturday, and bet a lot of those times posted were qually fuel runs so wasnt too shabby considering i only bought the cars and d/loaded the track on friday Tongue
I did see the post about fast tracking into the race but as i cant commit to the series i didnt want to get in the way of the regular championship runners, though was hard to sit out of it  Cry

Was mucking around in the RSR's again last week v the AI at various tracks, such a fun car to race with. Got a 2nd hand motion rig now so double the fun at tracks like Imola  Grin

Barone

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2023, 08:56:24 PM +0000 »

Hey all,

I wanted to get back a bit into simracing as soon as I fix a couple of things in the pc.
Pity to see that sruk events are stopped at the moment.
Does THR arrange races also during the week or just in the weekends?
Tks

Cheers
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2023, 06:18:34 AM +0000 »

They have fun races on Wednesday nights
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2023, 11:50:07 AM +0000 »

They have fun races on Wednesday nights

That's nice, I'll check their discord, registration seems an endless loop of things to do
Tks
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2023, 11:45:32 AM +0000 »

DRM race using the feisty little beemer 2002 turbos on today and tomorrow on the VAC discord, at Ottawa Park. 6pm qually, 7pm race.
I dont know the track and its a roller coaster so depends if i can get some practise in before the race. Great cars though

https://discord.com/channels/539554024337178625/554387847902265346/1085293112529801287

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrIm1R8akTE

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2023, 12:02:19 PM +0000 »

Yep saw that one MJ, but that track takes a LOT of learning for a fun race. They held a fun race a couple of evenings ago in the 2002 at Sonoma and I managed to bag second place..... mainly I think because I was more familiar with the track than most of the other drivers  Smiley

Going to try to watch some of 12Hr Sebring today/tonight and then racing NASCAR Cup at Riverside with THR tomorrow. And catch the F1 and watch France demolish Wales and get out on my bike  laugh

https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2023, 10:00:05 PM +0000 »

yeah i didnt make it either, f1 dominated my late afternoon/eve as well as watching Sebring. I might have jumped in if it was a familar track but that had a ridiculous amount of corners to learn.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2023, 03:45:44 PM +0000 »

Hah, it looks like you had quite a busy weekend GT!  Cool
Thanks for the link to the VAC group, I'll keep that in mind too.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com