by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 07:26:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L23WTCT Barcelona: August 21, 2023
August 21, 2023, 08:41:59 PM +0100 - Barcelona (GP) - UKGTL Season 23 World Touring Car Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Toyota Supra (#88029) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.388
87.785mph
1 1:01:26.358
84.380mph
30 1:59.294
86.915mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Holden Commodore VL (#87034) GTC-TC-76 1 1:57.724
88.074mph
2 +7.183
84.216mph
30 1:58.542
87.467mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Supra (#88029) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.696
86.824mph
3 +1:03.975
82.940mph
30 2:00.382
86.130mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M3 E30 (#89035) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.154
85.776mph
4 +1:06.017
82.895mph
30 2:00.461
86.073mph
Pirelli  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Mercedes 190 Evo2 (#86008) GTC-TC-76 6 +3.736
85.365mph
5 +1:06.297
82.889mph
30 2:00.217
86.248mph
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88022) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.443
87.008mph
6 +1:53.513
81.859mph
30 2:00.389
86.125mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Holden Commodore VL (#87034) GTC-TC-76 7 +5.450
84.178mph
7 +24L 6 2:02.357
84.740mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:57.724
88.074mph
Daz9
Qualifying
Holden Commodore VLAugust 21, 2023, 08:41:59 PM +0100
L23WTCT
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:58.542
87.467mph
Daz9
Race
Holden Commodore VLAugust 21, 2023, 08:41:59 PM +0100
L23WTCT
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 23 World Touring Car Trophy - Barcelona - Aug 21  (Read 3914 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2023, 03:55:25 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Pm WT for series download

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (30 laps)

Track: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (GP) '07, Spain

Car restrictions: Check your car availability here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit stops: May be required

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 06:18:09 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 10:19:49 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

This is the aborted event from June 5th, which was cancelled due to server issue's.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 02:34:07 PM +0100 »

Away for another couple of weeks. Will be back somewhere mid September. Will be glad to dig up my gloves and goggles again by then.
Happy racing, Dan
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 08:56:39 PM +0100 »

Could not keep this beast on the track so gave up.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 10:02:56 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 11:07:30 PM +0100 »

When I found myself in third position after others misfortune, I felt like I was stoling points to those that have run all this season so my unconscious failed to put enough fuel at pitstop and I had to pit again  Grin
The end of the race was exciting catching Clive and Erling at last lap whith Clive and me swapping position a couple of time  Smiley
I hope to be able to race again on Monday.

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 01:05:25 PM +0100 »

Well that result was a bit of a surprise. Originally I was going with the Sierra, did a few refresh laps yesterday afternoon only to then find I had been using the 2003 layout not the 2007 one Roll Eyes. Only had a few minutes to try the Sierra on the 2007 layout but getting it through the tighter section at the end of the lap seemed to be a nightmare with the setup I had. Recalled from previous races that the Toyota was quite good on twistier tracks so despite zero practice laps & no idea if it would be competitive I went with it.

Practice & qually revealed it was somewhere near the pace, but Daz's pole lap convinced me he had more than enough pace to get another win. Only chance might be to forgo a tyre change but I had no real idea if the tyres would last. Daz predictably took the lead with the Holden grunt off the line & I only just manage to cling on to 2nd from a fast starting Erling. In the early laps Daz eased away lapping a few tenths faster than me but tyre wear soon started to tell & I could reel him in through the twisties. The Holden would open the gap on the straight but earlier & earlier in the lap I was able to close in. Just before half distance Daz ran a bit wide in T3 & I was able to just sneak through the gap & pull away. Daz pitted at half distance & I went on to lap 20 before stopping, tyres didn't seem too bad so didn't change them.
Came out with 23s in hand over Daz although Fulvio who hadn't stopped was now leading. Took the lead back when he did but Daz was closing fast, pressed on as hard as I dared on the now well warn tyres hoping that tyre wear would also slow Daz towards the end. Fortunately it worked out & I could hold on for the win. Grin

Congrats to Daz & Erling on the podium.  clap clap
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 04:22:15 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 06:26:36 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2023, 07:29:24 PM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2023, 11:18:04 AM +0100 »

Quite a mixed bag, this race.

Really didn't like the track - way too many slow corners & chicanes, and those never-ending hairpins.  While practicing I started to think "well, this feels exactly like.....a Tilke track...".  Sure enough; quick research revealed him to be the designer.  So I'm not prejudiced against him; I just don't like the format he seems to repeat over and over  Smiley

Got a good start, jumping Matt in the slow starting Sierra and almost got Geoffers too, as he mentioned.  Soon had a fierce battle going with Matt, with him eventually finding a way past.  Soon after his tyres appeared to go off, as his car was all over the place.  Got worse over the following laps, starting to cost me time in the tighter sections. Behind me, first Clive and then Fulvio was closing in, so had to find a way past Matt.  Had a couple of attempts, but couldn't make them stick.  Next up a move at the end of the straight - I went to the inside under braking, Matt move right to block and/or enter corner, I couldn't stop in time, bumping him backwards into the gravel. Apologies for that.

By the time Matt had excavated himself and gone ahead, I was plum last. Hate ruining others races, so not in the mood to continue the fight.  Hadn't planned for an early stop however, so had to continue a few more laps, pitting one lap early.  Gained places in the 2nd half, mostly by ppl pitting.  Caught Clive and managed to get past - sorry about the wobbly antics right after, Clive. Car started sliding under my (too) late braking and seemed to enjoy it so much that it wouldn't stop again!

Surprised by my not quite deserved podium finish; definitely more than I could have hoped for.  Grats to Geoffers & Daz!
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2023, 04:10:08 PM +0100 »

I can't claim to be the biggest fan of Tilkedromes, but I have always liked Catalunya as a layout, has that bit of gradient change that is often missing from new tracks, and usually gives good racing. I do very much prefer the layout with the fast 2 corners at the end of the lap though, so it was a bit disappointing to find that horrible chicane!!!

Took the Holden to use up one of its drives, got 2 of them left and 2 Sierra drives, so will be in a car that doesn't suit the track at some point I think, not that I know all the layouts very well, Mexico is new to me for a start. Geoffers was rapid in quali in the Supra, the only way I could get my nose in front of him was running a proper quali fuel setup. It was already very clear that tyres were the problem for me though....

Kept the lead off the start, and tried to settle in at a decent pace without going too hard, as I was desperate to not have to change tyres if possible, given that I felt Geoff would not. I was actually therefore surprised to be pulling away for the first 3 or 4 laps, but he was just lulling me into a false sense of security! The gap then started to shrink, and soon he was all over me in the tighter stuff, only the extra urge of the brawny V8 keeping me in front.

However, that brawn was quickly munching through the tyres, and I was now certain of changing them, not doing so would have made the car utterly dangerous to drive, as well as very slow. By lap 10 I was losing quite a bit of drive, meaning Geoff was creeping ever closer. Eventually this took it's inevitable toll, as I couldn't quite leave the door into turn 3 firmly shut, and Geoff made sure it was big enough for a Supra and took the lead. He then quickly made the extra grip tell by pulling away inexorably....

I had started with the car full of fuel. This meant it was heavy, but did give me options to play with, either going very long and not taking tyres, or a shorter fuel stop if I did have to do it at halfway. I was hoping the stop would therefore be  a bit quicker than recently, but I was still stationary for 54 seconds, felt like a lifetime....Exited the pits in 3rd, as Fulvio had romped on past, and the gap to the front was around a minute or so, which I couldn't really see any way to overcome. The car was now much better of course on the new tyres, and I was lighter than the start of the race, so it was also quick.

Once the pitstops panned out, I was suddenly now only 15 seconds or so behind Geoff. Didn't think it was going to be so close to be honest, but I was now doing my best laps of the race, and the next lap took another 2 seconds from him, briefly giving me some hope! He then upped his game though, and the best I could take out of him on a lap after that was a second, which faded gently as my tyres wore down, and he coasted home with a 7 second gap...Good fun throwing the big beast around though, it is quite friendly to drive when compared to the Sierra for instance....

Grats to Geoffers, pretty flawless win in truth, and grats to Erling for the podium.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2023, 08:17:45 PM +0100 »

So, much as Erling said, I was ok at first, I was a bit faster in the straight bits, he would close
up in the twisties. Then the tyres started to go off, and the car was a nightmare to keep in the right direction
I was probably a difficult target not to hit, so was no biggie. What got me - huh! was how I got to be 50 secs
at the back..... I let Fulvio past and then went pitting, and came out so far behind., it's like I pitted twice
I had spun into a wall, but didn't lose a lot of time there.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com