by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 05:00:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L23WTCT Singapore: September 18, 2023
September 18, 2023, 08:43:16 PM +0100 - Singapore - UKGTL Season 23 World Touring Car Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M3 E30 (#89035) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.821
81.871mph
1 59:05.197
79.297mph
25 2:20.666
79.941mph
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Toyota Supra (#88028) GTC-TC-76 3 +5.453
79.200mph
2 +2:09.000
76.513mph
25 2:21.876
79.259mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Mercedes 190 Evo2 (#86008) GTC-TC-76 7 +9.079
77.228mph
3 +1L
75.930mph
24 2:22.291
79.028mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Toyota Supra (#88030) GTC-TC-76 5 +6.503
78.619mph
4 +1:05.422
74.558mph
24 2:23.474
78.376mph
Dunlop  
PaulSS

BMW M3 E30 (#89032) GTC-TC-76 6 +8.863
77.343mph
5 +1:45.627
73.739mph
24 2:24.454
77.845mph
Pirelli  
Daz9

Toyota Supra (#88016) GTC-TC-76 1 2:16.528
82.364mph
6 +2L 23 2:18.727
81.058mph
unknown
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Toyota Supra (#88030) GTC-TC-76 4 +5.484
79.183mph
7 +18L 7 2:23.802
78.197mph
DQ
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 23 World Touring Car Trophy - Singapore - Sep 18  (Read 3839 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2023, 03:47:51 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Pm WT for series download

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (25 laps)

Track: Singapore Marina Bay, Singapore

Car restrictions: Check your car availability here

Time of Day Setting: 18:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit stops: May be required

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Pole sitter may not be able to see the start lights. Suggest use of in game countdown.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 11:29:17 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 05:44:11 PM +0100 »

Not around for this one, have fun guys.  thumbup1
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 05:44:05 PM +0100 »

Will have to miss this one too. Out for a reunion with an ex-colleague. Have fun.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 09:46:35 PM +0100 »

Seems I got dropped by the server with 1 lap to go....
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 09:53:35 PM +0100 »

Anyone get me a copy of the replay? I forgot to get on to the server to get it before it changed to the next event.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 10:05:55 PM +0100 »

Anyone get me a copy of the replay? I forgot to get on to the server to get it before it changed to the next event.

You can have mine if you like Tony
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 10:12:15 PM +0100 »

You can have mine if you like Tony
Lifesaver Erling, yes please. No rush tho, tomorrow will do, lol

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 10:12:50 PM +0100 »

Results posted, replay will follow asap.

EDIT: Replay now posted (thanks Erling  thumbup1 )
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 11:00:46 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 09:57:55 AM +0100 »

That was rough luck Daz, I wondered what had happened to you. The pleasure and pain of online racing I guess  Undecided

Not the way that Erling and I would want to move up the finishing order.

I know that we have raced cars around Singapore before, but I think that this was a newer/different version? because when I rocked up on to the server I found that I had not the slightest idea where the next corner was, or which way it turned. My first exit from the pits was in the WRONG direction!!!
Tried the Holden first but it just did not feel right in my hands, so switched for the more nimble Toyota. Slowly I got to grips with the track layout but it took almost all of the practice session, then cobbled an untidy quali lap to get me up the grid before totally horlicksing the start and ended up losing 3 places I think   Undecided
Tony and Matt were good enough to tangle and leave me a clear route through to chase Erling after a single lap, but it had allowed Daz and Erling to squeeze a couple of seconds advantage. In trying to get onto Erling's exhaust pipes I blew my fuel strategy and realised that the last minute change to higher gear ratios to stretch out the milegae had been counterproductive as I never used 5th gear for the race  Sad. So maxxing out in 4th was drinking valuable fuel and it in trying to eco run I lost more and more ground to Daz and Erling, until at half distance I decided that I was going to run dry at lap 23, so I might as well push on. Matt had dropped out but Tony was only 20+ seconds behind and if he was going full distance I had a problem. Then he pitted( phew!!) and I was surprised to lap him whilst he negotiated with his pit crew and bartered for fuel and tyres. Now the car behind was Fulvio, but he was not far enough back to give me a free stop.
I opted for an earlier pitstop to get another 3 laps worth of fuel and allow myself time to try and hunt down Fulvio on my worn tyres without having to limit the engine abuse. I think my pit crew had been to the same union meeting as Tony's as it took 3 or 4 back and forth shuffling moves and 2 stalled engines before I got a response. This allowed Fulvio to sail past and build a 25 sec lead.......that had NOT been the plan !!!??
Although I was taking around 2 secs a lap out of Fulvio's lead it was not going to be enough in the 7 laps still left if he did not stop. When "PIT" came up against his name on the HUD it was a huge relief lol and I was able to back off a little instead of risking a total wipeout on tyres that must have resembled "O" rings by lap 23. Even at a slower pace there were a few buttock clenching moments on the last laps and with 2 Cut Track warnings already accrued I cou;d still have thrown it all away.
Again, rough luck for Daz. Thanks to Tony for organising.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2023, 02:07:37 PM +0100 »

I think we've used this layout of the track before, but not entirely certain.

Tried all the cars I had more than one drive left in. Beemer the best, Holden the most fun, and for me faster than the Toyota, although I was frying the rear tyres.  My testing showed that with my usual rev-the-crap-out-of-it racing style, the Beemer would do 24 laps.  That suggested that with a little restraint, a no-stopper might be possible.  Maybe that could provide an opportunity to upstage other drivers in general, and Daz in particular, robbing him of his virtually guarantied win?   I was quite sure he would have the same plan though, with his plenty remaining BMW drives, and that would make my plan moot.  Thus started with the Holden, but when Daz surprisingly showed up in a Supra, I set the Beemer ploy in motion.  I never got round to check the mileage of the Supra, so didn't know if no-stop was possible with it.

Jumped Daz at the start, but he retook the lead on L1.  Didn't fight it as I was looking to save fuel.  Whole race was an exercise in smoothness & resource management.  Initially Clive hung on, but then dropped back.  Daz punched a 15-secs hole, but then slowed to just maintain it, and as it was frequently dwindling, it indicated that he was saving too, and prob. not just tyres.  Later it became entirely clear that he was aiming towards no stop as well.  Started catching him in earnest towards the last laps, but just as the stage was set for an exiting final lap, he vanished!   Quite a deflated feeling really.  Replay suggests he was saving fuel like crazy, so pretty sure I would have passed him - I had about 0.8 laps worth of fuel in excess at this point, so could have pushed a little.  Disco saved him the indignity of being overtaken, and I still can't claim to have beaten him unless he has tech issues  Undecided

Grats to Clive & Fulvio for the podiums, and commiserations to Daz for the untimely exit.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2023, 06:14:11 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2023, 09:04:01 AM +0100 »

For the record, I'm pretty sure you would have found a way past also Erling. I went too quick in the early stages, before deciding to change strategy after 4 laps once I had spotted you were not going to stop, and so didn't get the fuel save spot on, fun trying though.

I realised I had been discoed pretty quickly, but carried on as there was just that one complete lap left to do. I pushed as hard as I dared on that last lap, and the car coughed as I ran to the line, no surprise as it was showing 0.1 laps of fuel left in it. My total race time was 59.04.9 for reference.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2023, 09:52:56 AM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2023, 09:53:43 AM +0100 »

We have raced at this circuit two times before.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2023, 03:04:17 PM +0100 »

So..... that was dissapointing. I seemed to have decent pace in prac and qual. But was overdriving in the race
and couldn't match CLive or Tony's pace. Got a S/G for cut tracks, and then another warning on the way to the
pits a couple of laps later, went in the pits, served the time, came out and after a few laps got a D/Q for not serving
the S/G, which I assume was a second one I hadn't realised. Game over.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com