by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 06:08:57 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L23WTCT Suzuka: September 25, 2023
September 25, 2023, 08:43:21 PM +0100 - Suzuka (GP) - UKGTL Season 23 World Touring Car Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Daz9

BMW M3 E30 (#89032) GTC-TC-76 2 +2.415
94.379mph
1 58:35.221
92.061mph
25 2:16.722
94.678mph
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes 190 Evo2 (#86033) GTC-TC-76 1 2:14.741
96.070mph
2 +33.438
91.194mph
25 2:15.526
95.514mph
Pirelli  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Holden Commodore VL (#88038) GTC-TC-76 3 +3.072
93.929mph
3 +1:05.133
90.386mph
25 2:18.695
93.331mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Mercedes 190 Evo2 (#86008) GTC-TC-76 5 +4.243
93.137mph
4 +1:05.892
90.367mph
25 2:19.133
93.038mph
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Holden Commodore VL (#89035) GTC-TC-76 4 +4.005
93.297mph
5 +1:27.289
89.830mph
25 2:19.297
92.928mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M3 E30 (#89032) GTC-TC-76 6 +7.342
91.106mph
6 +2:16.485
88.620mph
25 2:21.445
91.517mph
Pirelli  
PaulSS

Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (#88022) GTC-TC-76 7 +6L 19 2:21.097
91.743mph
suspension
Pirelli  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Supra (#88030) GTC-TC-76 7 +9.094
89.996mph
8 +22L 3 2:23.217
90.385mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 23 World Touring Car Trophy - Suzuka - Sep 25  (Read 3579 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2023, 03:49:36 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Pm WT for series download

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (25 laps)

Track: Suzuka 2012 (GP), Japan

Car restrictions: Check your car availability here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit stops: May be required

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 10:14:08 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 11:10:17 AM +0100 »

Much annoyance, but I have to be in London start of next week, So I will miss this  taz

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 10:12:33 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 05:51:39 AM +0100 »

Had two separate updates of W10 before joining and I assume a third one downloading (executed after I left the game and shut down the computer)
during the race.  Looks like Microsoft has nothing under control anymore either or the first two updates could not be installed   Huh

A big freezer of about a minute in lap three let me loose all rhythm. Tried to go on but was nearly a lap down, so I quit.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 09:20:36 AM +0100 »

My commiserations Kurt.

FWIW over at UKGPL there have been multiple issues with Win10 over the last week, probably because GPL is older software and Win10 does not want to recognise it
The latest updates have caused CTD when loading the game and graphic driver issues, so I think you are correct Microsoft has "lost the plot". Thus far I don't think that GTL has been affected to the same level, but the frustration I experienced last week was the final straw for me and I am switching my GPL install to a dedicated Linux SSD.

I sincerely hope that the same Win10 issues do not migrate to GTL, because it is an absolute pain in the a**.

As you might guess from the above.....I am a little miffed!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2023, 10:19:15 AM +0100 »

My race was ruined by a Norton popup telling me I hadn't installed the extensions to Microsoft's Edge browser. There is a good reason for that. I seldom use it!

Thought I could ignore it but it affected my frame rate making the car undriveable so I had to pull over and cancel the pop up. Todays job is to find a way to disable the bloody pop ups.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 11:06:05 AM +0100 »

all this just proves that Big Tech is waging a war on the common man and is trying to beat us down.........the proof is out there taz taz Hit with a wet fish alien alien alien

There are times when I wonder...................................................If it is MY computer wot I paid for and run for my own use, why is it that corporations such as Microsoft/Norton/Twitface/ et al can install all the crap that THEY want on my PC to advertise whatever they want to push, AND make it pop up on top of whatever software I am choosing to run regardless of the inconvenience???  I'm getting old I think  wheelchair rant rant mumble mumble.....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 11:13:00 AM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 12:08:57 PM +0100 »

Tony, do you not put Norton into silent mode when racing?

I also use Iobit Gamebooster which shuts down any non essential stuff running in the background.

Both happy & disappointed with the Suzuka race, happy with the pace I got out of the Mercedes but disappointed that I messed up a race I could possibly have won. For once I made a decent start & held off Daz & Erling into T1, gradually eased away from Daz in the opening laps but was a bit worried that if he could keep up that pace throughout the race without pitting then I had no chance of making up the lost time in the pits. However after the opening laps the gap started to grow at a faster pace, so I assumed that Daz was having to slow down to save fuel.

I pitted on lap 15 with over 20s lead for fuel only, when I rejoined Daz was over 20s ahead, it seemed like it could be close at the end. 2 laps later the gap was 16s & I was lapping around 3-4s faster so it looked like I would catch Daz well before the end. But no, I ran a little wide at 130R got up on the kerb & the car got away from me & spun across the road into the barriers. I didn't lose too much time rejoining but the left front tyre was flat so I had to make a 2nd pitstop for tyres. Just got out of the pits ahead of Fulvio & Erling still in 2nd place but with zero chance of catching Daz. Still had to push on to open the gap to Fulvio & Erling, although with new tyres I was comfortably faster, even had time to roll the car when I took too much kerb at Degner 2, fortunately coming to rest facing the right way & only losing 5-6s!  Roll Eyes

Congrats to Daz on the win & to Erling in 3rd.  clap clap
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 02:05:55 PM +0100 »

Tony, do you not put Norton into silent mode when racing?
Thanks Geoffers, found that feature in the Norton settings this morning.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2023, 03:16:51 PM +0100 »

Don't forget that we have a new series starting next Monday (02 Oct).

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2023, 05:44:21 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

And thanks again Geoffers for the setup  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 07:04:59 PM +0100 »

Tough race; the Holden wasn't the obvious choice, but given I had a surplus of drives in it, I figured it best to use one of them.  Surprised to be only 0.7 sec behind Daz in qual - maybe he hadn't practiced, or maybe the Holden wasn't half bad on Suzuka after all.

Good start; not good enough to jump the aliens, but enough to keep the chasing pack at bay.  Couldn't shake Clive over the first 5-6 laps.  Not far behind him, I noticed Fulvio lurking, no doubt waiting for our tyres to go off. No question he would be a problem later.   Clive started dropping back, and as expected was replaced by Fulvio.  I did my stop at L13, being passed by Clive who went longer, and I exited some 5 secs behind Fulvio, who had apparently already stopped, and not changed tyres.  On fresh rubber I could hunt him down, eventually getting past at the end of the pit straight, fairly late in the race. He had a massive advantage in the curves, and slipped past again when I left the door too open in the S'es.  Race coming to an end, so put in an all-out attack. At the end of the penultimate lap, he lost the rear in the chicane and spun.  Couldn't avoid hitting him.  Waited, but as the spin wasn't my fault, I didn't let him back in front.  Made very sure to keep all doors tightly closed on the final lap, thus hanging on to 3rd.

Grats to Daz & Geoffers & thanks to Fulvio for some exiting laps  Smiley
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023, 12:59:02 AM +0100 »

Tough race; the Holden wasn't the obvious choice, but given I had a surplus of drives in it, I figured it best to use one of them.  Surprised to be only 0.7 sec behind Daz in qual - maybe he hadn't practiced, or maybe the Holden wasn't half bad on Suzuka after all.

Good start; not good enough to jump the aliens, but enough to keep the chasing pack at bay.  Couldn't shake Clive over the first 5-6 laps.  Not far behind him, I noticed Fulvio lurking, no doubt waiting for our tyres to go off. No question he would be a problem later.   Clive started dropping back, and as expected was replaced by Fulvio.  I did my stop at L13, being passed by Clive who went longer, and I exited some 5 secs behind Fulvio, who had apparently already stopped, and not changed tyres.  On fresh rubber I could hunt him down, eventually getting past at the end of the pit straight, fairly late in the race. He had a massive advantage in the curves, and slipped past again when I left the door too open in the S'es.  Race coming to an end, so put in an all-out attack. At the end of the penultimate lap, he lost the rear in the chicane and spun.  Couldn't avoid hitting him.  Waited, but as the spin wasn't my fault, I didn't let him back in front.  Made very sure to keep all doors tightly closed on the final lap, thus hanging on to 3rd.

Grats to Daz & Geoffers & thanks to Fulvio for some exiting laps  Smiley
Ditto  Smiley

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com