by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 03:38:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL Dijon (Short): August 09, 2007
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Fun Race - Dijon (Short) - Aug 9  (Read 5176 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2007, 10:31:25 PM +0100 »

All members welcome.

Practice: 20:15 (10 mins)
Qualifying: 20:25 (25 mins)
Race 1: 20:50 (31 laps = ~40 mins)

Track: Dijon (Short)
Cars allowed: Alfa Romeo GTA, Lotus Cortina, Ford Falcon, Ford Mustang
Time of Day Setting: 10:00
Start: STANDING

Server: UKGTL S3 Warmup
Password: available from the the event box above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The race will be run using the UKGTL Skin Pack 1.4 which will need to be installed prior to racing; please get it from the downloads page.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:26:48 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:18:44 AM +0100 »

Going to miss this and next couple of weeks as away on holiday. :'(

Have a good 'un gents

Adam Parle
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:21:13 AM +0100 »

I'll be racing for sure, might be tempted into a Yanky-tank .... but I might stick with "old-faithful" and jump in the Legends liveried Alfa.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:47:04 AM +0100 »

Anybody have any benchmark times for this track?.....can't find anything on GTLrank

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:39:56 AM +0100 »

Anybody have any benchmark times for this track?.....can't find anything on GTLrank

It's under shdijon in the track list, there are many hundreds for most cars.  Sub 1:18 is pretty quick, if anyone breaks 1:17 that would be mightily impressive.  For the Alfa that is, other cars maybe 0.5-1 s a lap slower.

Me, I'm hoping for low 1:18s in Cortina (particularly if I watch a few quick drivers, I'm never sure how much to cross the strange kerbs at Dijon).  It's almost like the track is a vague concept defined by cut track warnings.....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:43:15 AM +0100 by SteveHolmes » Logged

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:18:03 AM +0100 »

Thanks SH. EEEEEEK better get praccy....best I can manage is 1;20's at mo.. Shocked

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
BACKO

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 04:32:12 PM +0100 »

I'm in Wink and I'm looking forward for this night!!! :)Will be my frist race with GTL. Grin
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 04:36:30 PM +0100 »

What car are you driving Backo?  I reckon I will be in the Alpha....I can't handle the yank muscle and the Cortina's too common Grin

BACKO

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 07:33:02 PM +0100 »

100% Alfa Romeo GTA!!! Wink Amazing car Shocked

What car are you driving Backo?  I reckon I will be in the Alpha....I can't handle the yank muscle and the Cortina's too common Grin
Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 08:59:23 PM +0100 »

Damn, never seen that before. Qualified in 9th, joined the grid with 15 seconds to go before start, nobody else on it. Couldn't see any of the other cars. Had no choice but to ESC to the pits. And from there I could see the race had started. Anybody experienced this before?

Phil Gilliland
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 09:43:33 PM +0100 »

I think i have experienced this on some public servers before - i was stuck behind you at the start waiting for you to go  laugh
Nevermind anyway.
Had some good scraps there with some great driving from Tom Cooper, also Madmac and Pseudo i think.
Managed to catch Adam in the final third of the race, but that Falcon just rockets down the s/f strait compared to the Alfa - good to see how the Alfa is quicker on the bends, but the Falcon rules the straits.
Nearly caught Dave on the final lap, but the outright power of the Falcon won again.

Great driving from all - really enjoyed that one  Cool
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:47:59 PM +0100 by will16v » Logged

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 09:46:27 PM +0100 »

New one on me Phil....although I did start one from the pit lane after missing the start?

Well what can I say about that?  FUN comes to mind..

I qualified my best possition ever 5th..with a pb. Grin Grin

Got a little buffeted at the first corner...probably trying to be too careful...there where cars left and right..infront, behind...above and below it seemed  Shocked
lost a few places there and then promptly spun.....been practicing all day and not spun once there???

For some reason it felt like a different car to the one I practiced with and qualified in....handled more like a yank tank for the first half a dozen laps.

But anyway....it was great fun...had a couple of good little battles with Will and......oooops sorry forgot who else Roll Eyes and totally enjoyed it......ROLL ON KNOCKHILL.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 09:54:11 PM +0100 »

In a word... hilarious! Cheesy And to think I almost didn't bother...

No idea where I qualified but it didn't really matter because only Adam and I were in the Falcon, everyone else taking shopping trolleys. Didn't make up as many places off the start as I expected as the grid was very tight and Adam's slower getaway ahead meant I had to roll off the throttle a little.

Followed Adam for many laps, swapping places with Backo who kept coming past and then going off again. lol Between one of these occaisions I managed to squeek past Adam, who was fairly obviously using his tyres more. I slowly pulled away until he had some sort of moment and the gap suddenly grew, but I watched as it closed again slowly; backed off a tiny bit to try and preserve my tyres a little more in case I needed them for a last lap scrap... good job because it turned out to be Will's Alfa on a charge. He had a go in the final corner but I closed the door just in time and despite a light tap (which not surprisingly the Yank Tank completely failed to feel Cheesy ) I crossed the line 6th, matching my performance from yesterday's Formula BMW race over on Race2Play. Grin

Damn, never seen that before. Qualified in 9th, joined the grid with 15 seconds to go before start, nobody else on it. Couldn't see any of the other cars. Had no choice but to ESC to the pits. And from there I could see the race had started. Anybody experienced this before?

I believe so although it's never happened to me personally.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 09:55:02 PM +0100 »

Awesome race - and interesting with it.

Me and DG were the only ones brave/foolish enough to take the heavy metal option punk - and started 8th and 10th respectively.  Both of us got a decent start, sneaking up by the pit wall and using the serious power advantage the Falcon granted us.  By T1 we were in 5th and 7th I think - or there abouts anyway.  Despite being slower than those around us, the sideways nature round the bends combined with massive straight line speed made for one hell of a tussle with the Alfas.  I couldn't help but laugh as I got passed in the 2nd half of each lap .... only to be seconds clear by the time the lap counter advanced once more.

Had epic battles for the first 21 or so laps, with Steve, Dave, Backo and others (sorry -I forget who else) - thoroughly knackering driving.

DG had been infront for a few laps after I'd slid wide at T1 allowing him to pass .... and then on lap 22 my rapidly diminishing supply of molten rubber sealed my fate, a spin losing me 5 seconds on Dave, leaving a 7 second gap that I couldn't close without Dave having his own issues .... which he did, just not enough to get me even close.

In the end I got caught by Will in his Alfa, and my tyres meant it was only a matter of time.

At the end of the race my rear left tyre was showing 36.9% wear - with temperatures being around 120 all race long.  I'd tried changing things round before the race without success - I just had to hope for the best.  Dave had 23% I think - and that was the difference, otherwise we'd have been at it all race long.

Bloody fantastic racing, grats to Baracus (as ever) - and apologies to Backo, I knew you were somewhere on my inside but the tank was sliding all over the place. Cheers for the racing DG - it was reminicent of the tussles we had in past seasons with GTR2 - great fun.

ps.  Ossie - if you want material for a vid watch the first 21 laps with me, DG and a supporting cast of Alfas - should make cracking viewing Wink .
Adam Parle
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 09:57:55 PM +0100 »

Between one of these occaisions I managed to squeek past Adam, who was fairly obviously using his tyres more.

Whatever do you mean ........ Grin

Think I didn't do my tyres any favours ..... but it was worth it.  I'd be interested to hear what pressures etc you ran - I cant imagine that the higher wear was entirely about driving style.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com