by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 06:23:47 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL Dijon (Short): August 09, 2007
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Fun Race - Dijon (Short) - Aug 9  (Read 5138 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 10:19:17 PM +0100 »

Think I didn't do my tyres any favours ..... but it was worth it.  I'd be interested to hear what pressures etc you ran - I cant imagine that the higher wear was entirely about driving style.

Default setup, rear dampers 1 click stiffer in bump and rebound, front tyre presures up by 5 (175 to 180 or something like that), 67 litres of gas, and final drive longer by one click. Nothing else changed - pretty much what I always do in GTL.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 10:23:26 PM +0100 »

I'd taken my pressures down .... it felt great to start with but the added tyre wear meant I really struggled after 2/3rds of the race had run.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 10:53:35 PM +0100 »

Is there a server replay for this? Grin

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 07:28:35 AM +0100 »

Is there a server replay for this? Grin

There will be in due course.

madmac

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 08:09:07 AM +0100 »

Hi guys

Great race, has some really fair close racing with both Will and T Cooper. Managed to do all thirty laps undamaged and without leaving the track! First time with you guys I think! Hope to see you all next week.

Peter
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 08:57:47 AM +0100 »

Oh and one whinge... please don't chat at the end of the race until everyone has finished.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 09:09:13 AM +0100 »

Results and replay available.

P.S. Gizmo, when I clicked "Generate Standings" it took a very long time and eventually went to a blank page entitled "https://www.simracing.org.uk/lm2/index.php?action=stands", so I suspect something is a-miss there.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ossie

Bring it on!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 09:36:02 AM +0100 »

Damn, never seen that before. Qualified in 9th, joined the grid with 15 seconds to go before start, nobody else on it. Couldn't see any of the other cars. Had no choice but to ESC to the pits. And from there I could see the race had started. Anybody experienced this before?

Phil Gilliland
Exactly the same happened to me. I think it was because i only did one stint in qually due to guests being here and others joined afterwards. 
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 10:02:42 AM +0100 »

Hmmmmmm....Don't think that was the best standing start ever  Undecided...seemed a bit chaotic compared to the others we've tried. Was probably due to the 'issues' some folk experienced. Hopfully though they will be good in L3 proper. If these issues are caused by people joining late, is there any means by which this could be illiminated to try and avoid future problems?

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 10:08:37 AM +0100 »

Hmmmmmm....Don't think that was the best standing start ever  Undecided

Any problems were probably also exacerbated by the massive difference in straight line performance between the Falcons and the shopping trolleys. Shocked

P.S. Gizmo, when I clicked "Generate Standings" it took a very long time and eventually went to a blank page entitled "https://www.simracing.org.uk/lm2/index.php?action=stands", so I suspect something is a-miss there.

Thanks, Sharky. Standings seems to be okay now - it appears to take about twice as long as the old server, but we're on a newer version of MySQL and the standings and results display is faster, which is the important bit. Still got to keep an eye on connectivity to the new server....

Adam Parle
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 10:18:50 AM +0100 »

Any problems were probably also exacerbated by the massive difference in straight line performance between the Falcons and the shopping trolleys. Shocked

Some of the frontrunners were a little slow going, and that's all it takes.  If someone's slow getting going, the person behind has to lift .... and that causes a concertina effect right the way back down the field.  I had to lift after the Alfa in front of me was slow getting started, I know DG had to lift as a result ... etc etc.  No launch control on these classics I'm afraid - so we'll just have to remain vigilant at the start.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 10:35:32 AM +0100 »

BTW, I spent a while playing with formation lap stuff in GTL on my own server and unfortunately it simply doesn't work. Reconnaisance laps seems to work to a degree, but it's a little bit odd, so unfortunately we're stuck with GTL as it is, either doing our own rolling starts or standing starts. I couldn't even find a way to increase the race countdown timer, which at 30 seconds is ridiculously short.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 10:39:40 AM +0100 »

Some of the frontrunners were a little slow going, and that's all it takes.  If someone's slow getting going, the person behind has to lift .... and that causes a concertina effect right the way back down the field.  I had to lift after the Alfa in front of me was slow getting started, I know DG had to lift as a result ... etc etc.  No launch control on these classics I'm afraid - so we'll just have to remain vigilant at the start.

Exactly, I was in 4th, got away okay but then had to lift as the 2nd place Alfa was a little slow and it all gets going from there, but it was pretty clean at the front, I saw no contact, of course its the middle of the pack that suffers.

Great fun, absolute hoot with Adam's Falcon, constant pass and repass until I could get ahead just enough not to be swallowed on the straight.  I think that race was a good advert for sometimes combining the V8s and I4s.

Gotta say absolute respect to mgoran  Cool , he had a huge fight with stnasky for 2nd for the first half of the race, and it was only really them fighting that allowed me to close up, after stnasky spun, he then had me to contend with.  My tyres must have held up better as I was just a tiny bit quicker over the final 1/3rd of the race, but he drove so consistently it took me about 5 laps of close following to finally find an opening, and then as soon as I was ahead I started overdriving to pull away and so went slower.  2 laps in 2nd and then he had me back and drove really neat for the final 4 laps so although I was right on his tail I couldn't find a way by.

If only I could drive that cleanly under pressure for so long, I think the sight of a car in the mirror lunging towards me under brakes makes me brake a few metres too late and get a bit untidy under turn-in.  Still some learning to do with this whole close racing thing  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com