by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 08:47:02 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L23HRDC Castle Combe: November 20, 2023
November 20, 2023, 08:32:46 PM +0000 - Castle Combe (1950-98) - UKGTL Season 23 HRDC Academy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 2 +0.066
91.316mph
1 39:21.088
89.852mph
32 1:12.309
91.685mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 1 1:12.535
91.399mph
2 +7.805
89.556mph
32 1:12.034
92.035mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 3 +0.754
90.459mph
3 +29.785
88.733mph
32 1:13.395
90.329mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 4 +1.128
90.000mph
4 +35.528
88.520mph
32 1:13.446
90.266mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 5 +1.922
89.040mph
5 +52.694
87.891mph
32 1:13.586
90.094mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 6 +2.379
88.497mph
6 +1L
85.663mph
31 1:14.830
88.596mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 7 +2.719
88.097mph
7 +39.506
84.275mph
31 1:14.987
88.411mph
Dunlop  
PaulSS

Austin A35 (#0) TC-65 D1 8 +19L 13 1:14.783
88.652mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 23 HRDC Academy - Castle Combe - Nov 20  (Read 25659 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2023, 05:29:23 PM +0000 »

A race with a few surprises.  Quite enjoyed the track, with the fast curves.

Surprised in qual to be - if not outright challenging for pole - then at least fairly close to Daz.  Good start, keeping 2nd & staying very close to Daz over the opening laps - even got ahead for a short stretch.  We both made a small mistake in the final turn, me being a little 'better' at it, creating a small gap. Repeated it next lap, extending the gap further, so I was losing the tow.

Still not too far behind, when Daz went to serve his drive thru fairly early, lending me the lead.  The gap back to him afterwards was around 9 secs and holding, but when it suddenly jumped to 19 secs, everything was turned upside down!
If our apparent equality wasn't too artificial, I might actually have a chance at winning the race!   After my drive thru, the gap was just under 10 secs, with some 11 laps to go.  Remaining laps countdown went agonizingly slowly, Had to push maximally & just one mistake could throw everything away.  Gap held pretty good, but during the closing laps, it started to drop, but in the order of 0.5 secs a lap, so not enough to change the standings.

Not often anyone manages to wrestle a win from Daz, so quite the unexpected result!

Grats/commiserations to Daz, and congrats to Clive for completing the podium!
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2023, 07:38:43 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2023, 08:40:34 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 09:16:36 PM +0000 »

As Erling said really, nice and close in quali, and even though I was on race fuel when I set my lap I couldn't see this being anything other than a proper battle to the flag, which it was but not in a door to door way.

That was proved early on, as whilst in the tow there was no chance for to shake Erling off, and only the errors he referred to made the gap grow. And, for me, at least on the setup I was running, I couldn't quite keep the car where I wanted it to be, it was always threatening to be too playful and lose drive, keeping Erling very much in the mirrors.

Saw that I was catching Tony, and decided to pit on the spot to avoid the traffic for a little longer, tactical genius at work I thought, particularly when I exited a couple of seconds in front of Clive and with clear track to run in. But, the gap stayed pretty constant in this part of the race, pushing was causing me grief with the car, so consistency was what I was trying for, and mostly getting, but I was not closing in at all. I was however pulling clear of Clive, and homing in on a couple of backmarkers, Tony and Kurt in what looked like a good old scrap.

The issue with a fast flowing track like this is it is often hard to make up time if the guy you are chasing is in rhythm, which Erling obviously was, and very easy to lose a second or two from only one corner of being held up when lapping. Tony and Kurt did nothing wrong at all, but whilst I was able to get past Tony on the start/finish straight(ish) I was not going to be able to catch Kurt. As I tried to adjust the line on the brakes to ensure a good exit, the car just let go a fraction too much at the rear on the way into Quarry, and round she went, losing 10 seconds at least. I still think Tony was behind me waving his right hand slowly and chanting 'this is not the corner you are looking for' in a Obi Wan Kenobi voice....

Kind of knew the game would be up with that, but as always was game to carry on. Had Clive and Fulvio to make my way past, banging doors terribly with Clive when my car understeered for Great Britain (really sorry about that one Clive!) in the quick right hand 4th gear corner halfway around the lap or so. Let him go back in front, managed to make my way past properly a lap or so later, then was catching the Kurt/Tony battle that was still raging away. However, this time they conspired to almost take each other out at the final turn, Kurt having a good wobble with Tony waiting for the inevitable to happen, and the gap in the middle appeared like the Red Sea parting and I was through it before Tony could perform any more perfidious wizardy....

I did make some ground up late in the race, but Erling was comfortable to not have to push by that point. I was on the limit just clawing back a couple of tenths here or there before that, so taking back the whole 10 seconds or so was never going to happen.

Great race Erling, super consistent, well deserved win.

As said before logging off, I did feel the tyres went off far more here than at other tracks, higher track grip maybe? Last couple of laps were essentially a drift car.....
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2023, 11:36:51 AM +0000 »

I was fortunate to be outside the Drive Through group and I had to make use of that advantage to beat Fulvio. By around half distance I had comprehensively trashed my left rear tyre in my frantic attempts to keep Daz and Erling in sight and had to back off. This allowed Fulvio who was clearly treating his rubber with more compassion to catch and pass me. But  shifty I still had his Drive through up my sleeve.

When Daz emerged from the pits right in front of me I saw an opportunity to sneak past him, Daz however, put up a "robust" defence and at this point I would like to say "eased" me onto the grass with a gossamer touch against my driver's door. Whereas a few seconds later, I found myself climbing out of the back seat and turning my crash helmet to face forwards again whilst my blurred vision recovered!!!

Cunningly I am still just outside the DT group  Wink which of course was part of the long term strategy  Roll Eyes.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2023, 03:13:26 PM +0000 »

When Daz emerged from the pits right in front of me I saw an opportunity to sneak past him, Daz however, put up a "robust" defence and at this point I would like to say "eased" me onto the grass with a gossamer touch against my driver's door. Whereas a few seconds later, I found myself climbing out of the back seat and turning my crash helmet to face forwards again whilst my blurred vision recovered!!!
lol lol lol

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2023, 06:30:27 PM +0000 »

Yep, gave you the outside knowing you would hang around out there like a teenager round a local shop, thinking I'll hold it tight on the apex if I back off a bit, and then completely ploughed into the side of you at what felt like a speed that had not abated in any way not even halfway around the corner. Not my finest hour Clive, huge apologies, but not in any way intended I assure you!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2023, 08:11:26 PM +0000 »

..................so reports of a plain brown envelope changing hands in the paddock???   whistling whistling

I don't think it changed the outcome of the race though lol.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
MichaW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2023, 02:11:05 PM +0000 »

Hello everyone,

very sad that Tony is quitting, I always enjoyed driving here, even if I rarely had time on Mondays. Everyone who would like to continue driving GTL, whether casually in the evening on the servers, or Thursday and Thursday evening at our events, are welcome at the Altbierbude! Let me know if I can help you with the necessary installation.

cheers Micha
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com