The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 02:52:03 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2071 times)
C3PO

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2007, 11:47:15 AM +0100 »

Hi everyone,

My first post here Smiley

I have just bought rFactor and would be very grateful for any steer towards the best F1 modification (ideally the latest tracks and cars for MP compatibility). I have had a brief search through the forums and am not sure what to download. Thank you in advance.
C3PO

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:00:07 PM +0100 »

It looks like FSOne F1 is a good update, but I'm confused about what patch to install (are they standalone or cumulative?) and also what do the tools do and do I need to use those too for the basic installation. Thanks again for any advice.
Flash
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 05:00:23 PM +0100 »

Hello C3PO

FS One is regarded to be currently the 'best' F1 mod - although it depends really on what you're looking for in a mod.

You need the latest version to play online - 1.4

IIRC you need to dl 1.3 then the 1.4 update. You can do that at rFactor Central HERE

or from the modders website directly HERE

You have to either use the default 2006 skins as the 2007 skinpack isn't finished yet, or download the ProF1tr 2007 skinpack and use that - but there are physics changes in that pack, so it won't be as realistic and you then can't race on servers not running it.

You can also download the FS One trackpack - which currently has about 6 finished tracks on it - the rest are WiP.

If you don't like to fiddle with set-ups you are unlikely to get on well with this mod. Just to get to the chequered flag without blowing your engine or brakes needs some fiddling. Some of the settings have been improved in the 1.4 update, so it may not be as critical now.

Good luck and have fun  Wink
C3PO

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 07:43:14 PM +0100 »

Many thanks ... I have already installed FS one and just need to grab the trackpack now.
C3PO

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:24:19 AM +0100 »

Hi -- well I spent six hours yesterday with rFactor and it's amazing. The strength of MP is one of it's greatest selling points, plus of course the ability to run F1 mods. I use the GP4 Monza circuit and my only criticism is that the circuit does not look as good as the one in GTR2 (are there any new Monza tracks in the works?) ... the scenery is fairly low res especially the foilage. Other than that, the gameplay is amazing.
Flash
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 10:50:40 PM +0100 »

If you like Monza, your best bet is to download the Brianza track pack - it includes the 'Italian GP' i.e. Monza.

I've raced the GP79's on it online and it was pretty good.
C3PO

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 04:10:09 PM +0100 »

If you like Monza, your best bet is to download the Brianza track pack - it includes the 'Italian GP' i.e. Monza.

I've raced the GP79's on it online and it was pretty good.

Superb advice ... I have installed it and the track is much improved. I also added the SLN texture upgrade for Brianza and it looks gorgeous now. Looking forward to rFactor 2 and wet weather racing plus possibly rubber marbles etc...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com