Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 07:43:55 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTR Skin Pack 2.6 test: August 28, 2007
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Skin Pack 2.6 test - Imola - Aug 28  (Read 8368 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2007, 09:29:31 AM +0100 »

All members welcome.

Practice 120:00(45 mins)
Qualifying 120:45(15 mins)
Race21:00(40 mins)

Cars allowed: Any car from the UKGTR Skin Pack v2.6.0.0 (see download link below)
Weather: Dry
Track: UKGTR Imola GP 2004 (see download link below)
Race Time of Day Setting 17:00
Start type: rolling start

Server: UKGTR skins 2.6
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules - especially the speed limiter starting procedure and the rules about in-game chat messages.
(2) The event is open to all registered forum users.
(3) You will not be able to join the server without the skin and ballast pack and the appropriate track - available from the downloads pages.
(4) Drivers are reminded that they must select ISDN as their bandwidth, otherwise the stability of everyone's connection will be reduced.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:29:06 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:16:27 PM +0100 »

The new skin pack is available here.

I'll post details for this event tomorrow when I've woken up again. Cheesy

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 10:27:06 AM +0100 »

Either way I'm going to miss this one as backshift. The rumour of Spa appeals to me greatly.

I will just practice myself to check things seem ok at my end.

No doubt as usual everything will be fine and I'm raring to go come Sunday
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 01:02:23 PM +0100 »

Details now posted. Note the early evening start time.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 01:26:38 PM +0100 »

BTW, I've taken all the success ballast off the server now (except for one - not saying who but he's much too quick Wink ).

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 01:34:38 PM +0100 »

what? Mine?  Grin

by the way.....is Imola Really in Hungary? Tongue

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:27:58 PM +0100 »

by the way.....is Imola Really in Hungary? Tongue

Yes, they moved it with the help of a very large spade and an airship, didn't you know? Embarrassed laugh

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 12:23:49 PM +0100 »

Afraid I wont be able to make it tonight, I tore my hamstring on Saturday quite badly and the doc's told me to rest it as much as possible.  I raced sunday but tbh it hurt like hell afterwards Embarrassed hope the test goes well Smiley

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 01:41:48 PM +0100 »

Mmmm ham... er... I mean get well soon!

will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 06:00:09 PM +0100 »

Don't think i can make this one im afraid, but good luck to all entering, and enjoy.

Adam Parle
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 09:16:18 PM +0100 »

What a load of rubbish.  Phone went on T1 and the wife didn't seem to want to pick it up....so I left the circuit hung up the (cordless) phone and threw said phone into the next room .... which led to me getting a load of grief from the wife and totally spoiling my concentration.  One more stuid error vaporised any desire to carry on.  Not exactly good preparation for this season....

Hope you guys had a better time of it.
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 10:04:13 PM +0100 »

i had a carp one too!!!

pedals playing up, wondered why car was swerving under braking and went to recalibrate the pedals and throttle never dropped below 50%  Angry so had to quit halve way through quali  :'(

black racing momo seemed bullet proof up till now......but i have been putting of the G25 purchase!  Roll Eyes

hope the race went well  Wink
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:07:42 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

BACKO

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 10:04:41 PM +0100 »

I'm furious Angry Angry Angry
Everthing went  perfect practice,qualification then start race.I started make litle gap about 4,5 sec for second Pribeiro but then time 960 came fatality  error from another driver Shocked Shocked Shocked,I've been overtake him ,then we went in last chicane before finish and I don't know what he did ( maybe he wanted overtake me back Shocked Shocked Shocked)and he hit me back of car and I've been spin.Lost first position and concentration ,I started pushing harder,but with lots mistakes which costs me 2X STOP AND GO  Shocked Shocked Shocked.I've been looking forward for this track(one of my favorits)!!!

[Edited to remove name of driver. Nearly edited the whole bit out but... How many times?! We do not discuss responsibility for incidents in public!]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:09:35 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 10:12:20 PM +0100 »

had a bad time in the Modena. Need to do more testing but it seems to suck compared to rest of the GTC field, well here at Imola anyway. If any other Fezza pilot gets the chance, it would be nice to see what you think of it now its been altered Tongue Please post any lap times in race and qually spec.
I can do 49's and 50's in the 360GTC here so dont think it was bad driving on my part...though always a possibility Embarrassed  If the car is that bad then i have to do a re-think for the GTC endurance.
I did notice after that i had picked a Yokohoma shod model...is it a pants tyre?  Would the Pirelli shod version be much quicker?
The only other car i could battle with was Wills RS, so seems like the modena and RS may be too heavy now. Undecided

hmmm...and that re-juvenated Nissan is a little 'frisky' in its lap times. shifty

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 10:17:22 PM +0100 »

That was pretty good for my first outing in the Michelin-shod 350Z. Qualified much better than I expected - 2 seconds better! - and was running strongly in the race until John caught me back up and I stupidly lost track of where he, I and the coming corner were with the low sun in the sky. Spat myself off the road and lost about 3 places from 10th.

Gradually eeked my way back up onto Picnic's rear and finally got the mistake I needed to pass, only to run wide a few times in Aqua Minerale and earn a stop and go. Roll Eyes Embarrassed

Came out of the stop right next to Reign Man's TVR and had a great scrap over the last lap or two. Big confusion at Variante Alta with PRibeiro lapping us - I totally missed my braking point and had to take to the grass to avoid running into RM. Tucked back in behind him and tried to force a mistake which I didn't think I'd get, but he finally cracked in the second half of the Variante Bassa and I outdragged him by about a car length to the line! Grin Grin Grin

I think the Michelin's wear slightly faster than the Dunlops did but definitely have more grip, and supply it more consistently. It won't cure the Z's understeer in long corners but it definitely will make it more competetive.

And no, MJ, I didn't put a Porsche engine in it.

Everyone knows the Z has a Renault engine. Tongue Tongue Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com