Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 08:13:55 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTR Skin Pack 2.6 test: August 28, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Skin Pack 2.6 test - Imola - Aug 28  (Read 8258 times)
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2007, 12:53:20 PM +0100 »

err, i'd say a Nissan going faster than a Ferrari is 'horribly wrong'  laugh

Sounds eminently normal to me. laugh laugh laugh

Yep some Renaults are faster than some Fiats  Wink

Mark for info the Yoko tyre is actually a Dublop - there is no Yoko tyre model in GTR1 or 2, it simply calls the Dunlop model.
Anyway the difference in pace is not that much between the Dunlop and the Pirelli on the 360, but the Pirelli is more consistant over a longer run. If I remember correctly the Dunlops need about 5 clicks more camber to get it to operate correctly, so you should notice an improvement if you tweak you set a bit.. They run at the same pressure and temp though.
You can find the tyre and camber info in the GTR drivers/engineers handbook which was posted a while back .... cant find it now I'm afraid.
hth Smiley
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 01:04:50 PM +0100 »

I did as Simon suggested and tried a different setup (one of CJs in the online files section) and it did help quite a bit. In TT mode I managed a 1.50.2, which is pretty similar to my RS and Mosler pace. The Modena is definitely more edgy though and harder to drive. If it gets away from you then it is much harder to bring back, where the RS would just need a flick of opposite lock and a bootfull to gather things up.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 01:10:48 PM +0100 »

The Modena is definitely more edgy though and harder to drive. If it gets away from you then it is much harder to bring back, where the RS would just need a flick of opposite lock and a bootfull to gather things up.

Yep, that sounds like the Fezza! It requires precision driving which is my kind of driving. Cool

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 01:14:21 PM +0100 »

To be really quick though you need to be precise in either car (or any of the others really). The difference is that when you get it wrong, the 360 bites rather quickly where the Porker just slaps your wrist and tells you not to do it again  Smiley
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 01:21:50 PM +0100 »

Yep, that sounds like the Fezza! It requires precision driving which is my kind of driving. Cool

.... unfortunately not really my driving style, I suppose I've been spoilt driving the porker for so long. Driving the 360 for the first time last night I lost it on numerous ocasions where it would have been easily recoverable in the GT3. Needs a change of approach I think and I also agree that setup has alot to do with it. The back of the 360 seems to stiff to me but I'm wary of trying to turn it into a porker so I'll have to try and adapt my technique.
Engine sounds great at 9k rpm though Cool
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2007, 04:09:31 PM +0100 »

Not my style either - I seem to have fallen into the "chuck it in and wrestle it out" method which is fun but not too quick. Undecided Grin

To finish first, first you must have fins.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 05:49:54 PM +0100 »

I've been overtake him ,then we went in last chicane before finish and I don't know what he did ( maybe he wanted overtake me back Shocked Shocked Shocked)and he hit me back of car and I've been spin.Lost first position and concentration

Sorry, I think that may have been me.  I moved left before last chicane and I think it was the leader overtook but braked early because another car was in front.  This caught me out I locked up and tried to go behind you but I just clipped you as I went straight on.

Bill
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 10:44:01 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 09:37:49 PM +0100 »

Just out of interest, in a proper league race, if someone was DQ'ed for not doing a stop/go on the last lap, would anyone know?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 10:45:46 AM +0100 »

Just out of interest, in a proper league race, if someone was DQ'ed for not doing a stop/go on the last lap, would anyone know?

In theory you can spot them in the results export by looking for 3 'missing' laps (it doesn't log the lap if there's a cut) in conjunction with a DQ.

I doubt that anybody would look unless prompted but presumably if it happened to somebody they would speak up. I've a feeling this has happened before but I can't remember when or what we did about it.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 11:31:09 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the tyre info Mo  Cool Why did they put Yokos in there then?  Huh One of the GT3's runs yokos as well.
Has anyone got a link to that tyre/camber handbook?

Precision driving for the Modena huh...maybe i'll stick with my trusty Porsche  Wink  When i tried the modena out at Valencia it was spin city under braking but was using suspect pedals as...

My Speed 7 pedals just went kaput too...fantastic timing with S6 starting sunday  :'(  They are sending me a new electronics board out but be amazed if it arrives before end of next week. Will have to try and use my flimsy old DFP pedals. Feels like driving a Trabant after using a Porsche for a year  Roll Eyes

John Kingham

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 12:06:59 PM +0100 »

Has anyone got a link to that tyre/camber handbook?

I thought the general approach was to have the inside about 5 degrees c above the outside and the middle between those two but nearer the inside, i.e. adjust camber and pressure to get those values.  Different driving styles may mean you have to change your settings from a handbook's anyway.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:09:17 PM +0100 by John Kingham » Logged

"If you want to run like you're behind the safety car, go ahead and do it, but I want to entertain myself" - Juan Pablo Montoya
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2007, 12:31:22 PM +0100 »

yeah know all that bit John, but there was a table (i think) that had recommended cambers etc for certain tyre brands.

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 12:52:52 PM +0100 »

In theory you can spot them in the results export by looking for 3 'missing' laps (it doesn't log the lap if there's a cut) in conjunction with a DQ.

I doubt that anybody would look unless prompted but presumably if it happened to somebody they would speak up. I've a feeling this has happened before but I can't remember when or what we did about it.

Dave,

just out of curiosity: shouldn't a driver who is disqualified put back down the grid? Or is there another rule in force?

Thanks.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 12:59:22 PM +0100 »

just out of curiosity: shouldn't a driver who is disqualified put back down the grid? Or is there another rule in force?

The system doesn't treat DQs specially because they aren't normally an issue in a league race. They're just handled like any other retirement.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com