Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 01:54:05 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GT3 Cup Test: September 07, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT3 cup test - Sep 7  (Read 12006 times)
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 01:10:37 PM +0100 »

I have submitted a number of incident reports taken from viewing the replays of the first lap of these two races.

These reports have been made in the same spirit as the races themselves..IE. as a test. The reasons I have done this are twofold.
Firstly it is to ensure both myself and Ginsters, as the moderators for this series, are fully aware of all the procedures involved before the season starts.
Secondly, it is to help enlighten everybody to the type of incident we will be looking at specifically during the first couple of laps. As already stated elsewhere, due to the format of this series extra care will be a requirement of all drivers to help avoid incidents and we would expect to receive reports of any instances that occur.

These reports will carry NO actual penalties. The moderators decisions will be for INFORMATION ONLY and are meant to be as a help in highlighting the driving standards required.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2007, 01:18:03 PM +0100 »

BTW, who was driving as "Justin Toppman"? Was that you Mr BMW?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2007, 01:21:04 PM +0100 »

I believe it was Mr BMW

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2007, 01:21:21 PM +0100 »

Apolgies to Justin Toppman but its late and I can't remember, and can't find, your details. Sorry Smiley

No problem, I didn't get a chance to make and configure my actual profile for online in time.

It was supposed to be under Jebstone Boppman

Sorry Dave and Mr.BMW.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 03:21:19 PM +0100 »

Sorry Dave and Mr.BMW.

Serves him right for having a silly psuedonym.

(Two birds... one stone... oh yeah... laugh )

EdamSpeed
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2007, 04:17:22 PM +0100 »

(Two birds... one stone... oh yeah... laugh )

I have this mental image of Dave as 'Duffman' from the Simpsons Wink
Minton
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2007, 08:29:40 PM +0100 »

These reports will carry NO actual penalties. The moderators decisions will be for INFORMATION ONLY and are meant to be as a help in highlighting the driving standards required.

I appriciate you guys who spend time and look through the incident reports just as long as the moderators know the difference between close racing and bad driving..... I had 2 incident reports against me after the first GT3 race , i totally agree with the first one but the second one is ridiculous .
  Smiley   
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2007, 09:19:55 PM +0100 »

I appriciate you guys who spend time and look through the incident reports just as long as the moderators know the difference between close racing and bad driving..... I had 2 incident reports against me after the first GT3 race , i totally agree with the first one but the second one is ridiculous .
  Smiley   

This kind of comment is exactly why we don't discuss incidents in public. I've seen both the reports you mention and the second one in no way, shape or form accuses you of anything - the subject of the report was simply "contact on corner exit" and named you and the other driver as involved parties.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 08:34:47 AM +0100 »

Yes, just to re-iterate Gizmo's comments...

If one receives an incident report it does not mean the recipient was at fault. The driver could have been on the receiving end of the incident and it's the other party that is reporting it, or it could have just been an accident that a driver wants looked at to see if any lesssons can be learnt so it doesn't happen again.

Many incident reports are recieved with the "I believe I was the victim and don't want the other drive punished" checkbox ticked, as it's more about improving driving standards than it is about punishment. Just reply with the facts and how it was viewed from your driving standpoint / viewpoint and that is all that is being asked.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 09:26:25 AM +0100 »

Something else to bear in mind is that if you don't tick the other driver's name, they don't get the chance to resposnd! Tongue That alone may be grounds for treating it as if the "don't give a penalty" box is ticked...

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 09:29:17 AM +0100 »

Also believe that it would help Dan, and the others reported, better understand the situation if I explain the reasoning behind it.

We have been warned, and feared, that our planned shorter races will promote more aggresive driving. Therefore to set a precedent, set down a marker if you like, we planned to comment on any incidents in our test race (which, as the details explained, was to be run under full UKGTR rules) so as to let everyone know that the GT3 cup will have the same high standards as the championship races here. Even though its more of a fun event the driving standards have to be high to make it fun, as it were  Wink. To be fair the driving in the two races was excellent (with the exception of me spanking TT, which is the subject of a report).

We may have made a mistake not informing you all of the background but hope you now respect the rational behind those incident reports and trust we retain your support. Pseudo and I are getting there Smiley

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 04:13:47 PM +0100 »

Racing incidents happen with standing starts.  Smiley

TT
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 05:24:15 PM +0100 »

Correct TT....thats why we have incident reports to look into the racing incidents and see if we can find any ways of improving things to reduce the chances of them happening again. Wink Smiley

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 05:41:18 PM +0100 »

Racing incidents happen with standing starts.  Smiley
TT

They also happen with rolling starts Smiley. I think standing starts worked very well in test, UKGTL and I'm positive that they can work in GT3 cup.

Now dug a big hole for myself, feel free to quote this back to me if Monza T1 creates chaos. If it works there, sure it will, it will work everywhere.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:42:51 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Minton
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2007, 07:22:17 PM +0100 »

This kind of comment is exactly why we don't discuss incidents in public. I've seen both the reports you mention and the second one in no way, shape or form accuses you of anything - the subject of the report was simply "contact on corner exit" and named you and the other driver as involved parties.

Totally understand that Dave,.. was just trying to put my view across about the moderating but got carried away with the incidents involving myself.
Cheers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com