The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 04:05:53 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Race'07 demo test/fun: September 13, 2007
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Test/Fun Race tonight (13 Sept)  (Read 5348 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:00:01 AM +0100 »

We've setup a Race07 demo server so we can give the online code, results and replay system a wee test. We're going to run a quick fun race before tonights GTL event. If you have a copy and want to join in please do.

All member welcome

Practice: 19:00 (5 mins)
Qual: 19:05 (15 mins)
Race 1: 19:20 (10 laps, just over 15 mins)
Race 2: 19:36 (10 laps)

Track: Brands Hatch GP
Cars: BWM or Leon
Time of Day: 14:00
Waeather: Changeable (basically random)
Start: STANDING

Server: SRou Test
Password: normal practice password

You won't be able to join just for race 2, there are no inter-race warm up sessions and the second race will have the first 8 finishers reversed on the grid I believe. e.g. he who finishes 8th will be on pole for race 2.

Hope several of you can make it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:59:33 PM +0100 by picnic » Logged

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:56:11 AM +0100 »

Cool, I'm planning to be there Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:04:42 AM +0100 »

I will try but not driven it yet - i presume i have to register an online account first?

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:10:46 AM +0100 »

Yep, I'll be in.
Can we try one wet and one dry race?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:12:22 AM +0100 »

Must... finish... 8th... laugh angel

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 11:47:08 AM +0100 »

Can we try one wet and one dry race?

I'm pretty sure there is only 1 weather setting to cover the whole event. I'll check when I start it. But I've announced random so we'll just see what we get for tonight  Cheesy If we adopt the game I expect Dave will update his weather tool so encompass the multi-race format.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 01:16:52 PM +0100 »

If we adopt the game I expect Dave will update his weather tool so encompass the multi-race format.

I think the format of the file is the same so it should "just work" - double headers are a problem though because we might get the same weather in both races.

I'm led to believe based on talk on RSC that it has the same hack/problem as GTR2 in that the weather in the race is set at the start and never changes, even if the server is set to 'changeable'. We'll see I guess!

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 05:51:23 PM +0100 »

Hi Guys.
I just jumped on our server and it seems that anti-lock brakes and traction control help are set to on!
Seems you have to watch this as baracus250gt said if the server side is running any aids it seems it will turn everyones on?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 06:31:20 PM +0100 »

Server is set to allow auto-clutch only, the others being on is a known bug which we cannot police. If this 'feature' makes it to production code I for one will not be buying as it would ruin a league like this IMHO  Undecided

TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 07:36:45 PM +0100 »

On start line for first race, waiting for a never ending countdown when everyone just disappeared. Went into monitor and watched race from Dave's car for first two laps and then lost connection. Doesn't bode well for GTL race tonight.

TC
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 08:06:24 PM +0100 »

Not sure of this game.

Joined tonight and this was my first ever effort at the game and I'm useless.

The Seat did not feel natural or nice to drive, horrible steering feel. I will have to have a look and see what settings I can change to alter this or if this is the game
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 08:17:52 PM +0100 »

It's gone back to only making use of half my pedals - I wonder if I make the .RCS file read only it will stop doing that. Huh

First race started well with a storming getaway into the lead, then things got progressively worse as I cooked the fronts. Finished second to last, which at least put me on the front row for race 2, where I promptly fluffed the start by nearly jumping it, then... got progressively slower again. Roll Eyes

Good fun running close to other cars though, that part of the net code seems pretty sound...

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 09:08:51 PM +0100 »

What a great game! I beat Ruskus Grin

Everything seemed OK on the server, no lag or anything like that, I git caught at the start of the race, the lights were red, then just went off, no green light  Huh I'm pretty sure that wasn't supposed to be like that.

I had a couple of spins in the race, I think I caught Dave out once! Otherwise I enjoyed it and drove pretty well.

Sorry I had to bail for the 2nd race.

Legends Racing simracing team
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 09:56:26 PM +0100 »

All worked well server wise.

First race I spun it while chatting on Team Speak and pressing ctrl and driving with the other hand  Tongue. Wrecked my splitter right off and suspension was wrecked as the car was leaning one way. Still it was quite fine, si damagemodel is quite bad. Was doing 37's at that point and gaining on the cars infront and actually overtaking some Shocked.

2nd Race I started 3rd and saw Dave almost jumpstart and Brian's FW car couldn't get good grip so I took 1st.
Waited a few times for Dave to get good fight, but he liked the gravel more  Wink.

Quite a fun game, cars feel pretty alive at this track.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 09:59:41 PM +0100 »

This has to be the best racing game ever, I beat Ruskus and won the first race  Shocked Shame you'll get better at it than me when you get a chance  Wink Embarrassed

I'll try importing the results in the morning, Shark and I can't play on the server at the same time.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com