The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 04:07:22 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 has gone gold  (Read 18256 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 12:01:47 PM +0100 »

So the F3000 of the demo is not representative?

F3000 in demo is representative. Seems great to me.

Some of the "kids" running in the real Formula Masters series got into the stand latter on. Apparently they come and play it after every round of the championship. Some of them are ok, but not as good as us professional/amatuer sim racers. Smiley

Gonna buy it for the WTCC alone anyways. Whats the quickest way to but it? Time to log into amazon.de again? So many questions, serves you right for sounding so excited Smiley.   

Amazon.de probably as it's out a couple of weeks earlier than the UK. Think I'll wait till the UK release though and get it from Play.com on pre-order, unless the Steam release date comes forward.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 02:03:53 PM +0100 »

Well, the brakes on the F3000 cars sounds like a 20 year old lorry Undecided

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 02:06:55 PM +0100 »

Now I was no fan of the Touring Cars in RACE, but somehow in RACE 07 they are alive and good fun, I really enjoyed beating the other people they had racing me even with no practice and driving an unfamiliar car (SEAT). laugh

I dunno who those folks were you were racing against but I got a bit of a shock after my 3 lap F3000 race finished to find that most if not all of the guys I was racing were International Formula Masters drivers! Shocked Naturally I won (from the back - I was enjoying the lowest powered Radical way too much to even notice that they'd restarted the LAN and were qualifying laugh) though that was helped by the lead car having to stop and go after jumping the start. Cheesy

I still don't really grok the F3000s but the Radical is just totally addictive. I don't really know how to describe it; it felt more like a real car than a single seater, but had some really noticable downforce at play. The 10,000 rpm engine note just sounds amazing. Grin

Now if they'd put the GT Open cars and some more historics in we'd have everything we'd ever need in a single sim. laugh

Well, the brakes on the F3000 cars sounds like a 20 year old lorry Undecided

They do in real life too. Most racing pads are made of squeaky materials - road pads are specifically engineering not to squeel.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 02:18:24 PM +0100 »

About G25: I'm skeptical if it's worth 3 DFPs?  Sad 

I'll make this easy for you: HELL YES! I went from DFP to G25 and would never like to go back. It's a much better wheel, all round!

I'll second that, it's night and day better than the DFP, worth it for the pedals alone Smiley

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 02:32:26 PM +0100 »

is it the pedals that make you think the G25 is way better than a DFP? or is the wheel itself much more superior in quality and feel?
Oh, and how is the stick shift?

Only asking as already have speed 7 pedals with my DFP so would only be buying it for the wheel and stick. But if the wheel is that good then i might be tempted to splash the cash.  Tongue

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 02:35:54 PM +0100 »

is it the pedals that make you think the G25 is way better than a DFP? or is the wheel itself much more superior in quality and feel?

Only asking as already have speed 7 pedals with my DFP so would only be buying it for the wheel and stick. But if the wheel is that good then i might be tempted to splash the cash.  Tongue

The pedals are very good, but almost anything would be good compared to the rubbish ones that come with the DFP.

But for me the wheel was also very impressive, much smoother and more 'soulful' than the DFP - I found myself applying small dabs of countersteering with the G25 where with the DFP I'd have been giving it armfuls of opposite lock.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 02:38:58 PM +0100 »

ps. Don't know about the stick shift, I get myself in enough trouble with the paddles. laugh

We did notice that the top 'plate' had broken off the shifter, though these examples would've had a lot more abuse than normal!

pps. 7200 posts - one for every second over two whole days. Cheesy

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 02:48:26 PM +0100 »

Pedals are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, no discussion about that  Grin. The wheel has a bigger diametre but is more narrow. The grip is covered with nice leather, which is better than the plastic/rubber stuff on the DFP. The paddles on the wheel are also much better, they aren't buttons like on the DFP, but actual paddles. They are pretty big, more than the width of your hand, so even with alot of lock you can still shift gears.
The stick shift is also very good. Although the H-pattern can be a bit unpresise. I stopped using H-pattern as I had the idea it was wearing the stickshift out too quickly. The stickshift of the G25 doesn't have a toy-y click shound when you shift, which is good IMO.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 03:41:55 PM +0100 »

interesting, thanks for the feedback gents.  Smiley
I might have to acquire one 'under the radar' of she-who-shall-be-obeyed before all my hard earned disapears in a new house buying boring stuff like tumble-dryers  Roll Eyes
£140inc seems about the best deal i've seen so far...any other better deals going in the UK that you guys know of?

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 03:56:30 PM +0100 »

The wheel felt much more alive than the DFP. I had to double check with a go on the RACE 07 demo yesterday that really the G25 just gave you a lot more feedback than the DFP. It's amazing really, cause having not tried the G25 before I thought it can't be that much better, but the DFP simply feels dull in comparison now.

£140 is good if that includes VAT.

I made up some early Christmas present story with the Mrs and it worked so I'm getting one from Komplett for £145 including VAT + £7 P&P.
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=324740
 Grin Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 04:30:39 PM +0100 »

May want to cancel your order Simon. Dabs.com are doing it for £148 including VAT and postage. Only £4 saved...but thats a pint ! Kiss

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 05:20:54 PM +0100 »

May want to cancel your order Simon. Dabs.com are doing it for £148 including VAT and postage. Only £4 saved...but thats a pint ! Kiss

Dabs wasn't even listing it when I looked, but it's now listed as "Due in 1-2 weeks". Already on it's way from Komplett. Cool Cool

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
John

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 06:09:58 PM +0100 »

Well you've made my mind up,Just got to clear it with the missus.
Ive been looking at the G25 for a while now,and it seems to have everyones vote of confidence.
Probably have to get it as an xmas present though.
So it'll be a while.
You want to try using the crap wheel and pedals i have.
A saitek R220, Lips Sealed
Full lock is quarter of a turn,complete nightmare,thats why you wont see me trying to warm up my tyres on the rolling start,i just end up spinning.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 06:15:51 PM +0100 »

You want to try using the crap wheel and pedals i have.
A saitek R220, Lips Sealed
Full lock is quarter of a turn,complete nightmare,thats why you wont see me trying to warm up my tyres on the rolling start,i just end up spinning.

Well you seemed to do ok with it last night Grin Cheesy Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 08:35:51 PM +0100 »

eek yeah imagine how quick he will be with a G25 surrender

Another question, does anyone here use the G25 with Speed 7 pedals?...any issues? I take it they would be fully compatible with each other like the DFP and speeds 7's ?

Got my gadget pheremones going now sorcerer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com