Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:33:52 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U6US Adria: October 09, 2007
October 09, 2007, 09:01:53 PM +0100 - Adria - UKGTR Season 6 Upper Sprint
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Zacari
 Team Shark Junior
Lister Storm (#860003) GT1 1 1:10.128
85.474mph
1 41:02.014
82.778mph
34 1:10.585
84.921mph
Michelin +10.0kg
baracus250gt
 Racin24-7
Ferrari 575 GTC (#980037) GT1 5 +0.096
85.358mph
2 +23.457
81.997mph
34 1:10.915
84.526mph
Michelin -10.0kg
Truetom
 Legends Racing
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#820008) GT1 6 +0.308
85.101mph
3 +28.662
81.826mph
34 1:11.148
84.249mph
Michelin -8.0kg
Joss
 Team Shark
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#980001) GT1 4 +0.095
85.359mph
4 +34.891
81.621mph
34 1:11.135
84.264mph
Michelin +37.0kg
Jure
 Racin24-7
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#960037) GT1 7 +0.379
85.015mph
5 +38.489
81.504mph
34 1:11.600
83.717mph
Michelin -8.0kg
mo
 Kerb Crawlers
Maserati MC12 (#870013) GT1 3 +0.093
85.361mph
6 +49.149
81.158mph
34 1:11.013
84.409mph
Pirelli -40.0kg
ginsters sponsored
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (#950013) GT1 9 +0.642
84.699mph
7 +53.360
81.022mph
34 1:11.448
83.895mph
Michelin -35.0kg
Gazza49er
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#740052) GT1 2 +0.009
85.463mph
8 +1:00.665
80.788mph
34 1:11.554
83.771mph
Michelin -8.0kg
stnasky

Dodge Viper GTS-R (#3005) GT1 12 +1.937
83.177mph
9 +1:02.010
80.745mph
34 1:11.641
83.669mph
Pirelli -35.0kg
EdamSpeed
 Kerb Crawlers
Saleen S7-R (#970013) GT1 10 +1.709
83.441mph
10 +1L
80.040mph
33 1:12.308
82.897mph
Pirelli -15.0kg
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
 Team Shark
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (#910001) GT1 13 +2.246
82.822mph
11 +49.823
78.458mph
33 1:12.573
82.595mph
Michelin -15.0kg
psuedo
 Team Pseudo Racing
Saleen S7-R (#730052) GT1 11 +1.860
83.266mph
12 +3L
75.209mph
31 1:11.938
83.324mph
Dunlop -15.0kg
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (#820008) GT1 8 +0.459
84.919mph
13 +24L 10 1:11.648
83.661mph
unknown
Michelin -8.0kg
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GTR2
GT1
1:10.585
84.921mph
Zacari
Race
Lister Storm
+10.0kg
October 09, 2007, 09:01:53 PM +0100
U6US
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 6 Upper Sprint - Adria - Oct 9  (Read 19636 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 07:57:08 AM +0100 »

Looking forward to Spa, much better than smelly Adria. Did anybody like it?  Huh

I wasn't convinced even when I put it in the schedule but I've really grown to like its busy, short track nature. The odd fast bend wouldn't go amiss though. My race was just a test (more anon) but I never expected to be competitve in GT1, with no setup work and a brand new an unfamiliar wheel. And indeed I wasn't. Cheesy

That was an interesting test for the G25. The pedals really the part at the front to be detachable as they're too large to fit on my GameFrame's pedal stand properly; I had to reverse it (in a direction it's not supposed to be reversed!) to mount them on at all and even now they're too high. Added to that I was having to curl my left leg round the wheel 'pole' which was very uncomfortable, and made it hard to apply enough brake pressure evenly enough. I'm going to have to try either using the clutch pedal as the brake, or mounting it over to the right instead and right foot braking. At the moment I can't modulate brake pressure properly or really feel what I'm doing which is making racing very hard.

I'm also going to have to try something else to actually angle the pedals up because the bar on the stand for it doesn't really work with the pedal mount reversed. It folded up under my feet once in qually Shocked but fortunately not in the race.

The wheel itself was great; I was catching slides noticably more easily than with the DFP. I clearly need to work on the settings as the wheel is a bit numb around the centre, then loads up as you turn. The feeling of the wheel going light when you turn too hard and start to understeer is very good, you can engage in really good old-fashioned 'grip hunting'.

I'm still getting used to the paddles. Upshifts aren't a problem but it's going to take me a while to train my left hand to come completely off the paddles when downshifting as the microswitch is activated with the slightest of pressure on the paddle, and if you don't take you fingers fully off it you don't get anything but the first downshift. I'm also going to have to learn to move my fingers away from the paddles when turning in, as I downshifted into neutral a few times in the right handers. Embarrassed

One problem I didn't expect was that the thinner wheel did start to make my fingers ache after a while, even with gloves on. I also found that the area where you hook your thumbs through the wheel has a hard ridge in it; without gloves the stitching on the leather was chafing my skin, with them it was merely uncomfortable. I'm getting some new gloves in a few weeks so I'll use those in my road car and use the gloves from that for racing, as they've got a bit more padding on them, so hopefully that will solve both problems.

And that brings me to the final issue. Buttons. I knew going in that I was going to really miss the DFP's massive array of buttons (especially as I had shifted functions on most of them too!). Sadly I think I'm going to have to give up TeamSpeak so that I can have the two most important functions (look behind and flash lights) on the wheel. Unless I can find somewhere else to mount it, the shifter unit is too far away to reach easily for anything other than obscure functions (pit in, change GTR2xD mode etc) when racing. I've always used the shifter knob to control the pit limiter, and continue to do so although for some reason the Logitech Profiler cannot map the knob's functions. Huh

I've also noticed that you can accidently lock the knob in the 'upshift' position if you press down on it slightly when pulling back. I was using it for 'look behind' last night and you can imagine that I wasn't too impressed with it sticking there! Roll Eyes laugh

All in all a reasonable first test, but lots more work to be done if I wasn't to race with it...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 08:09:51 AM +0100 »

Well, finaly something more than just "it's much better than DFP...". These are the practical problems I'm afraid of.  Angry  I'd be interested in your progress of getting used to it, Dave.  Smiley
I plan to change the wheel in the soonish (is that a word?  Grin ) future and I'd like to go for all over quality and feel, not just the price.  Wink  To be honest, I was eyeing it already and I think I could buy it for the pedals alone. It bothers me to have 3 pedals as I have enough footwork with 2  Roll Eyes  but the quality is unmatched by anything I saw. Is it possible to detach a pedal for clutch or brake, to have 2 only?  Sad
I know, I know, I'll be stoned to death by G25 users now...  Tongue 

TT
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 08:12:31 AM +0100 »

Is it possible to detach a pedal for clutch or brake, to have 2 only?

Not officially, though you could unscrew the actually pedal 'face'. If you were really determined you could saw the arm off too. Shocked

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 09:00:37 AM +0100 »

G25...You don't need a look behind. I find the two most important buttons (other than shift up/down) are look left and right. So I've assigned them to the red nipples on the wheel and if you press both of them at the same time you get look behind anyway (built in feature of all the ISI games). As for lights being important not really, if you don't flash not really a big deal. Shame you can't fit the shifter on though as the buttons are ok for anything you need to press whilst you're on a straight (i.e. don't need them in the heat of the moment).

I also enjoy this series, but I just didn't want to numb myself going round Adria again. I'll definately return in the Vette for Spa.

P.S. Would love to see Turkey(Istanbul) on the calendar if there is a GTR2 version of it. That still rates as one of the best newly built circuits to date imho. A great array of corners, fast and slow, wide and straights with lots of overtaking opportunities.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 09:52:52 AM +0100 »

Very close qual indeed and really enjoyable. Absolutely chuffed to get a blistering lap in the MC12 only a couple of tenths from pole!
Wasn't so close in the race though and Zac managed to pull away while I pestered Gazza. Apologies, because in the end I gave you a tap on the rear corner on the exit of chicane 2. I dont know how it happened because it was in an acclerating zone and not a braking zone. Sorry  Huh

Rest of the race was a challenge trying to catch back up and eventually had a great dice with ginsters.

After a few laps the flying Mo caught me up and got past only to go off again. Bugger me if he didn't catch me again (great fun watching you push hard in the mirrors, worth the entrance fee alone Smiley) but I held him till final lap. At least I thought it was the final lap Roll Eyes, I slowed, he sped past and then I realised we had one more to go. Who cares when it was that much fun and I at least I didn't wreck as I was just about to Smiley

Didn't have a clue what you were up to m8! I was suffering a case of target fixation after following you and when you went off at final curve I followed you straight into the gravel LMAO. After getting out first I let you through so we could continue our battle, but then you slowed and let me back through again :/  Anyway the race was a blast and it was over before I knew it, which is always a sign of a busy race, although Adria is jyust like cycling a bike around the sitting room for 40 mins!

Glad to have this place behind now though and move onto a real racing track with some fast flowing corners and lots of overtaking through the bus stop and La Source Wink Grin

Grats to Zacari in the flying Lister!
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 09:57:06 AM +0100 »

Looking forward to Spa, much better than smelly Adria. Did anybody like it?  Huh
- especially when the cup race yesterday was here as well. 

I must have been at the wrong track then - 'cos I raced the Cup race at Donnington National on Monday?

TC
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 10:04:39 AM +0100 »

G25...You don't need a look behind. I find the two most important buttons (other than shift up/down) are look left and right. So I've assigned them to the red nipples on the wheel and if you press both of them at the same time you get look behind anyway (built in feature of all the ISI games). As for lights being important not really, if you don't flash not really a big deal. Shame you can't fit the shifter on though as the buttons are ok for anything you need to press whilst you're on a straight (i.e. don't need them in the heat of the moment).

Well it's alright for you, you hardly ever get lapped! laugh

I have got the shifter fitted, it's just a fraction too far away to reach for anything in the heat of battle.

I wonder if I could map the clutch pedal to TeamSpeak...

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 10:42:14 AM +0100 »

...Adria is just like cycling a bike around the sitting room for 40 mins...

Lol, that's the best description I heard ever!  Grin

TT
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 11:02:35 AM +0100 »

TT

I heard it somewhere before, think it was Emerson Fittipaldi describing racing at Monaco  Cheesy
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 11:14:46 AM +0100 »

What can one write if everything's already written?  Grin

Had zero practice since upper endurance race, joined practice server an hour before the race itself and... went to have my dinner. Then had some sort of naive "let's fix the setup from the last race" thingie sessions which lasted right into the quali session (experimental setup minus fuel=quali setup, giggle) but that made it even more unstable. Finally I gave up, realising med-med is probably not the way to do the quali anyway so on with soft-soft combo, guesstimating correct tyre pressure and did a 1.10.5, wondering where did that time come from since it was a 3 mistakes lap. Huh Roll Eyes  Grin No idea, but who cares. Looking at the quali times after the race made me wonder even more, I guess no one did a clean lap. Bah, nevermind, what matters was a close quali, don't you just love that when it happens?  Grin

Race started in a classic setting with TT in front of me. This time I was determined I shall not punt him off in opening stages and that, of course, amounted to a certain MJ all over my diffuser... and then some.  Grin Don't you dare to report that contact MJ, wasn't your fault, I've reacted to Baracus/FreQ/TT cut throat thing that they had in T1, altering my braking point and entry line so you had nowhere to go. Just a racing stuff, forget it. Wink

Following the colourful snake around the track gave me a headache, to hell with those lambo engine noises, it was insane! Oh well, at least it remind me I have a dentist appointment end of this week. Grin

Anyway, as the race progressed I thought to myself "OK, no mistake - no pass. Good. So let's not make one, shall we?" Was sure the order in front (P2-P6, I was running 7th at the time... I think) was not the correct one, had a feeling Baracus was faster then Mo and Gazza were but I was hoping they'll be able to stick to it and not make any mistakes. Reasoning was simple - I was sure all the cars in front of me were more or less faster when running in clean air, hence it was a must they stay stuck to each other in order for me to keep up, planning to go medieval on them in last 10 laps when their front softs go bye-bye. My race pace in last stages confirmed my suspicions, was running same times as in opening stages. Wink

Then Mo and Gazza had an off and rest of us all went by (I went "don't do it, don't do it, don't do it, don't!" when comming round the corner and seeing Gazza moving towards the track from the run off area, giggle.), Baracus started to pull off, TT finally made it past FreQ (I caught myself several times not really driving the car but watching you guys race. "Stop it, concentrate!" Great fun though.) and the above mentioned snake started to go from a viperish fat animal into looong colourful mamba stuff. Baracus, TT and FreQ pulled in some 5+ seconds lead (I think it got to 9-10 seconds before their tyres went to meet their maker) while...

I had MJ behind me, fighting to find a way around my lambo. Since Baracus/TTFreQ went away I had to adapt my line in T1, T2 and the penultimate corner with a slow entry fast exit stuff to prevent pursuers catching me down the (generously said) straights which I suspect lead to MJ's unfortunate off, I'm pretty sure you were only able to go on full throttle a bit later then usual, giving you an unstable/unpredictable car and that lead to, well, you know...

Then that deep throbbing sound of V8 came to my rear in form of a certain Gingsters. Watching his lines in the mirror gave me confidence, was immediately clear where his weak and strong points were and so I've adapted my lines once again. Smiley

Had a bit of a breather when Mo caught up with Gingsters and pulled up a bit of a margin while they did their thing, relaxed a bit, then came the later stages of the race. I could see Bara/TT/FreQ trio in front and realised I'm catching them... well... kind of, but I knew the race will be too short to do any serious damage to their lead, so I simply consolidated on my P5 and waited for the end (while still hoping FreQ will have a hick-up and watching Mo and Gingsters swapping places in my mirrors. Grin )

Anyway, I'm pleased, good result (albeit not with all the aliens and aliens-soon-to-be around), running high 11s/low 12s with a car on diffuser isn't so bad.

Hey, I think it was my first... spinless race, OK, had some late brakings but otherwise no serious mistakes and it showed... Tarzan happy.. Cheesy

BTW, where's that race lap times thingie?

P.S. This track isn't so bad, I suspect a single make/slow cars race must be a blast. And now... grandmother of them all, university of racing, the mighty Spa. The pinnacle of the season awaits us, gentlemen. Can't wait. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:22:00 AM +0100 by Jure » Logged

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 11:16:32 AM +0100 »

TT

I heard it somewhere before, think it was Emerson Fittipaldi describing racing at Monaco  Cheesy

It was Piquet and the quote was "helicopter in the living room" Wink

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2007, 12:08:14 PM +0100 »

...planning to go medieval on them in last 10 laps when their front softs go bye-bye...

Soft fronts? Wouldn't dream of it. I had the most oversteary setup ever and even so my front meds were a bit more worn than my rear medsWink
I did have soft/med combo in the test race at Adria and only Backo's too early, too aggressive driving enabled me to win a 2nd place as my fronts were into 20s.  Sad
Was "great fun watching you push hard in the mirrors, worth the entrance fee alone  Smiley " as SBG said and watching Backos car dancing around on worn tyres was Cheesy

TT
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 01:12:57 PM +0100 »

- especially when the cup race yesterday was here as well. 

I must have been at the wrong track then - 'cos I raced the Cup race at Donnington National on Monday?

TC

Indeed, I meant a week ago yesterday, yesterday laugh

Back briefly to the G25 discussion, I have Teamspeek and look behind mapped to the red buttons, and brake bias mapped to the paddle shifters, perhapse it's worth trying to use the stick shift for gears so you've got 4 buttons available on the wheel?

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 01:17:01 PM +0100 »

I use teamspeak with voice activation...just gets a bit annoying for my teamies when I have a coughing fit or start cursing when i fall off the road Grin

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com