Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 07:47:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTR I3D Server Test: November 04, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR - new game server test - Nov 4  (Read 5512 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 07:24:03 AM +0000 »

F360 GTC was a b!tch - or I can't set it up (probably  Roll Eyes ). I could set it to be fast but then softs went up to 120'C in half a lap. Sad  So I used hards on the rear and kept sliding all over. Understearing on entry, overstearing on exit.  Lips Sealed

I owe an apology to Freq - I tried to leave enough room through the corners as I knew I just had to stay on track to outpower you again on the straight. Not always was that an easy job as the car was so unstable. So - no blocking or closing doors was on purpose. There was no need as Fezza is faster on the straight.  Smiley  Aynway, I enjoyed our close racing, though not my cars behaviour.  Sad

I still think the UKGTR version of this track is too tight. I got a warning at the old chicane (not sure of the name) and the next right hander while trying to avoid Paul968 when they had it close with Pribeiro and went off course. I wasn't even off the road, just trying to catch the car and it went inside the corner for a seconds. I lost time as it was. Sometimes things are better left as they were, I didn't feel the track was too loose, not everybody was daring enough to exploit it and sometimes even those people who did went off (meaning me  Cheesy ).  As I got those two warnings in the first third of the race I had to avoid the curbs and tip-toe around the corners for the remaining of the race, scared everytime I went through those corners which was not enjoyable at allAngry

Server was fine for me, let the games continue.  Smiley

TT 
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 09:47:05 AM +0000 »

Lots of slidey fun in the Morgan last night  Smiley. I couldn't match the Vertigos for pace (great times btw  I Am Not Worthy) but had a race-long scrap with PRibeiro in front and TT behind. The national circuit is a real challenge to drive, but I don't think it is that great for racing - too easy to park the car on the apex and stop a faster car from getting a run on you. I was all over PR at times, but had to back off in the corners which kept giving TT little chances. Luckily he was struggling for traction and never managed to get past. Despite the frustration, it was really enjoyable trying to keep the Morgan going in a straight line.

I'd like to try your setup Kerr, although I doubt very much that it will make much of a difference to my times - I expect you were quick largely because you drove well, but it's always interesting to compare setups.

Oh, and I agree with you TT - the 360 sucks in the wet. No real feel about the grip levels, and a very sudden transition when the tyres let go  eek
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:52:09 AM +0000 by Paul968 » Logged
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 10:08:25 AM +0000 »

The set up is in the donington online folder. It's called vertigo wet. My user name is bigbaz1979 to double check but it was the only folder similarly named. I use a G25 with 400 degree rotation, so other than reducing the 23 degree steering lock it should be fine.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 10:10:46 AM +0000 »

OK, thx  Smiley
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 01:40:48 PM +0000 »

Interesting diff setting! I've never seen a setup with 0/100/1 before - what is the idea behind that? Is it something you'd try only in the wet?

Anyway, it worked well enough, as I was doing times roughly on a par with you and JR last night. I must see whether it would work on other cars (or would that be seen as espionage?  Cheesy)

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 01:50:56 PM +0000 »

Interesting diff setting! I've never seen a setup with 0/100/1 before - what is the idea behind that? Is it something you'd try only in the wet?

Anyway, it worked well enough, as I was doing times roughly on a par with you and JR last night. I must see whether it would work on other cars (or would that be seen as espionage?  Cheesy)

I don't run too far different than that with my Lambo in all conditions. It makes the car very stable and enables you to get the power down very early on the exit.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com