by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 04:38:25 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Hockenheim Short: November 15, 2007
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Fun Race - Hock Short - Nov 15  (Read 10568 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2007, 12:10:32 PM +0000 »

get AVG free Bill, its much better and far less intrusive.

Thanks do you have a link please?

Bill wheelchair

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2007, 12:20:14 PM +0000 »

Not that Norton cares, I've turned off "auto update" but it did it anyway during a race on Tuesday.  hammer I won't be renewing with them again.

Same thing happens to me, it did the auto update twice during the race yesterday, slowing the FPS from 15 to 3.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2007, 12:20:58 PM +0000 »

here's a link

http://free.grisoft.com/

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2007, 12:27:17 PM +0000 »

The Mini had too much understeer, and I only had one paint job 'cause I hadn't bought any other cars.

I use that Whoopster's mini setup.  It has liftoff oversteer.  When you're ready to turn in liftoff or feather the throttle and the front should tuck in, when your lined up accelerate out of the corner.

I noticed that you only had the one car.  This site, at the bottom of the page, has a cheat to unlock all the cars.

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?subcat=30

Bill wheelchair

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2007, 12:31:53 PM +0000 »

I use that Whoopster's mini setup.  It has liftoff oversteer.  When you're ready to turn in liftoff or feather the throttle and the front should tuck in, when your lined up accelerate out of the corner.

I noticed that you only had the one car.  This site, at the bottom of the page, has a cheat to unlock all the cars.

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?subcat=30

Bill wheelchair

Thanks, I should have some decent paint jobs for the next race then!

I did notice that if I used the brakes at the same time as the throttle it seemed to spin.
madmac

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2007, 12:47:31 PM +0000 »

Hi
I agree about AVG. It is fantastic.

If you are only getting 15 FPS Tibernius have you tried switching to Direct X 7 in the initial game set up? It is much faster than leaving it on auto shading.

Peter
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2007, 12:52:54 PM +0000 »

I like to keep the mini understeering....just remember to turn in far too early and boot it hard at the apex..the little front wheels usually find enough grip to drag you round.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:21 PM +0000 »

Thanks for that.  I'm in the process of changing my ISP so it's on my "to do" list.

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 01:07:15 PM +0000 »

If you are only getting 15 FPS Tibernius have you tried switching to Direct X 7 in the initial game set up? It is much faster than leaving it on auto shading.

I've got a X1600PRO which is supposed to be Direct X 9.0c, I had it set to DX8 on the GTL menu, I'll give DX7 a try.
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2007, 01:08:37 PM +0000 »

I like to keep the mini understeering....just remember to turn in far too early and boot it hard at the apex..the little front wheels usually find enough grip to drag you round.

This is the problem of trying other people's setup.  I use where possible Whoopster's setups as I prefer liftoff over steer but the danger is when you have to lift off mid corner to avoid an incident - then usually I finish up part of it.  Shocked

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2007, 07:28:23 PM +0000 »

I did notice that if I used the brakes at the same time as the throttle it seemed to spin.

Being front wheel drive if you brake in the turn, you lock up the rear end causing the spin.

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2007, 07:32:21 PM +0000 »

Being front wheel drive if you brake in the turn, you lock up the rear end causing the spin.

Bill

So that's why it did that! I havent driven Front-wheel-drive in a sim before, only in GT3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com