Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 11:45:00 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U7 St. Petersburg: December 28, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 7 - St. Petersburg - Dec 28  (Read 8272 times)
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2007, 10:20:33 AM +0000 »

Lapping technique was not helped by the fact I don't usually do GT1 and found judging when / how to lap the slower cars very hard unless it was on the long straight. I think a couple of times I was a little overambitious, so apologies if I did push through and muck up your race  Undecided As for the GTL plea, remember to use the reporting system if you feel driving was not up to standard.

I think I found the inverse problem as a lappee, I think it was you Picnic, I saw coming up and tried to create an opening into that double right hander (shoulda waited until the straight after).  I was so busy watching you pass me that I forgot to watch where I was going and ended up in the tyres.  Hoho, so ended my first UKGTR race  Embarrassed

Quite a pleasurable track to race, just a shame I seemed unable to get my car back onto track when I downshifted too early and ended up facing the tyres on the inside of T1.  Select first, roll forward, stall, neutral, reverse, don't go back far enough, neutral, into 1st, bump into tyres again, stall, repeat for 40 seconds.   Cheesy  Can't spin them on the spot like GTL cars, certainly have stuff to learn about GTR, but at least I didn't ruin anyone's race, and ran at an easy pace behind my teammates early on.  Roll on Sunday.   Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2007, 10:25:13 AM +0000 »

Firstly we should verify whether the both of you requested a pit stop and were told you were clear to pit.

I certainly requested my pitstop as soon as i crossed the s/f line ready to pit at the end of the lap, but must confess with all the engine noises and concentrating hard on not hitting a wall i cannot say what the reply was Undecided

Secondly...
  • Allow AI Control - No
    Note that drivers are strongly advised to set "Second Driver Control" to "Player" and not "AI" to avoid accidently handing over control of their car to the AI driver during pit stops.
Wink

D'oh, didnt know this one, will have to check my plr? file to see what its set to. Embarrassed  Though its the first time its ever happened to me. Thanks for the tip DG.  I did wonder whether it was because it was an ALMS track that something might have been set in the track parameters, but doesnt appeared to have affected anyone else.

With regards to lapping, i thought the GT1 boys got by quite easily considering the nature of the track. As always there is an element of luck as to where you catch a slower car on track. Most of the time i found it reasonably easy to stay a little wide and allow the GT1 to zoom up the inside. DG was a little unlucky in that he caught me as i was entering that fast 3rd gear left hander before the final turn.

jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2007, 11:31:28 AM +0000 »

As mentioned in an earlier post i was not served by the pitcrew either,- i did not ask for a stop ( too upset totally forgot)
- and yes second driver control was AI so in my case it was probably me  Wink  and not a bug in the track.

Jan
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:07:07 PM +0000 by jan duijs » Logged
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2007, 12:01:51 PM +0000 »

I did notice that the tyre walls inflict far more damage than the concrete walls.

I never had trouble at pit stop other than of my own making. It was very difficult to judge if it was safe to leave the pits.

During practice I realised that you had to look behind very early. Once you head out on last bit on pit exit you can't see the other cars by looking around or behind.

Also I thought that the normal pit lane speed limit was about 36MPH everywhere else. It was 48MPH here for some reason
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2007, 12:06:42 PM +0000 »

Also I thought that the normal pit lane speed limit was about 36MPH everywhere else. It was 48MPH here for some reason

For some reason the track's makers had overridden it in the GDB file. If we do use the track for a future race I may fix that.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Andy Eves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2007, 12:47:52 PM +0000 »

I only just noticed, but at the pit lane exit there is a working blue light above the track. Still doesnt help you see the on coming cars but does gives you time to brace for the impact.  Wink
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2007, 05:10:48 PM +0000 »

It certainly helps Andy, but it's pretty cautious. It was on when I left the pit, but I left anyway and got out in front of a few cars. I think it's safe to exit as long as you know it's clear (use the left side), or if unsure, stay right. If people end up waiting at the end of the pitlane it'll just cause more problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com