Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:18:14 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U6-3 Hockenheim: November 06, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Race - Hockenheim (GP) - Nov 6  (Read 5939 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:39 PM +0000 »

Well I think I proved Paul's point about the Viper  Undecided Put softs on and took fuel out for a run near the end of qual and somehow got 4th. For the race I was concerned about tyre wear so ran with hards all round, and of course with the extra fuel was no where near that qual time. The porka's had numerous runs and Mark got passed me briefly once. Sadly I was so slow through some corners, especially the hairpin out the back, that I caused at least one concertina type accident I think.

Thanks to all those who chased me down and battled very fairly. Sorry I cheated and took the better car Wink

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:58 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed some good battles early on...especially with Pribeiro...I made my usual error though and let him through too easy....started catching him again (slightly) only to throw it into a wall avoiding Baracus's stationary Z3...on my own for much of the race after that but still enjoyed it.

The enduro is going to be tough in the Viper...tyres were shredded after 25 mins....lets just hope it rains alot  Grin

Grats Jeff and podiums...great racing again.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 10:27:06 PM +0000 »

Dunno about the Viper being better than the porka here though...still not convinced.  Cheesy

Forget the top two mega aliens times Grin....and there is about 1 6/10ths of a second between 3rd and last qualifier. That sounds pretty evenly balanced to me.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:28:37 PM +0000 by psuedo » Logged

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 10:38:09 PM +0000 »

The gap from 3rd to last in qual was actually about 2 seconds, which in the GT3 class is quite a bit. Normally, in equal cars, I'd be battling Freq and hoping to get close to JR, but that was never going to happen. They both did 43s in the race, which is about a second faster than the best Cup time on GTR2Rank (and also my best qual time). They disappeared up the road about the same rate as Pete dropped back, so the only car I really saw all race was Stew when I lapped him. Freq was 22 secs ahead and Pete 32 behind at the finish. Overall, not much of a race and not that much fun either  Sad Wish I'd taken the Beemer now.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:40:22 PM +0000 by Paul968 » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 10:39:31 PM +0000 »

Wish I'd taken the Beemer now.

And me as I would have had 3rd  Grin

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 10:47:06 PM +0000 »

The main reason I didn't was because of the F****g Vipers! Trying to pass one with 390 HP is hard enough, but in the Z3 it would be almost impossible  wheelchair

Would you have been able to live with the shame Pete?  Wink
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 10:59:39 PM +0000 »

The race was great fun while it lasted thanks to a great battle with PRibero (great driving mate).  Unfortunately it had to come to an end when the fuel ran out.  Blasting around the the final bend the engine coughed and spluttered causing the back end to fish tale out of control, sending me flying head first into the barrier.  thumbup2

Crikey, I saw you go off and I assumed that either you'd disco'd, hit an invisible post, or had a controller failure - never seen running out of fuel cause a car to turn so hard and so suddenly. Shocked

Interesting race for me and good practice for the enduro; after the comedy pace lap I was worried about fuel so I was trying to be frugal. SbG managed to get his 811 alongside going into the stadium area and I didn't quite leave enough room on the right and we made contact with me spinning off to the left and down the order.

Soon caught a few cars up and soon I was firmly entrenched on the back of the PRibeiro/Darren battle. Figuring I had to get by them fairly quickly as my tyres were already past their best, at one point I pulled out to the right to look down the inside of Darren, only to find him pulling out a bit to look down the inside of PR. Shocked He left me enough room but I couldn't get it stopped in time to avoid making a little contact Embarrassed, luckily I didn't spin him and we carried on in the same order.

After Darren's untimely exit I hunted PR down and despite starting to struggle managed to get by using the Viper's awesome power on the run down to the hairpin. After that it was a question of trying to keep it neat and tidy on increasingly knackered rubber. The last few laps were really hard work and PR very nearly got by in the final turn of the final lap... nearly...

In the endurance I'm afraid the 811s and any well driven Z3Ms are going to walk it - even if they're stuck behind the Vipers for the first 50 minutes, as soon as we pit they'll be released, and they'll be able to make super quick stops as late in the race as they want.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 07:15:44 AM +0000 »

Apologies to TT and Mark for the shunt.I had no where to go.Mark broke earlier than usually and i had to slam on the brakes(locking them up)and try to make an evasive manoeuvre.Which obviously failed.

Lol, John, it was really funny. It took three of you to take me out.  Tongue  JohnbumpsMarkMarkbumpsTTMarkspinsJohnbumpsTTJohngoesleftSBGbumpsTTandTTspins.  Cheesy
I was close to getting it right after the first two bumps  Roll Eyes  then SBG came and did it right so I ended in a lean-to at the fence with nose on the wrong side of the hairpin. Had to back up and by then everybody were gone. 'xept John who waited miserably for me to outtangle (is that a word?) out of the fence.  Grin
I was running 5th, behind Picnic then - hell, I was running behind Picnic most of the race.  Cheesy  Felt like a wolf pack of two hunting a deer as me and Mark changed positon behind Picnic.  Grin  Towards the end the wolfpack was made of four when John and SBG joined. Seems like the pack was too hungry and the deer got away.  Grin  Grats Picnic, you were very stable. I kept waiting for you to make a mistake to exploit. Well, you did make some but recovered before my car came sweating and puffing down the straight and you were gone again. Mark had the same problems - even in the slipstream Viper got away 0,5, even 0,7 seconds on the big straight. Caught throught the corners and the same again, lap after lap.  Smiley  Good chase.  Cool
In the end I quit 'cause of fuel. With three minutes to go I had only 1 lap worth of fuel. Went to pits but decided it was pointless. I thought I loaded enough fuel, counter showed 50 minutes!  Shocked  Guess the wild hunting took its toll.

TT
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com