The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 04:38:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Istanbul: November 03, 2007
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 - Istanbul - Nov 3  (Read 7017 times)
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:35:52 PM +0000 »

Lets try again.
All members welcome

Practice: 20:00 (20 mins)
Qual: 20:20 (15 mins)
Race 1: 20:35 (8 laps) about 12 mins
Race 2: 20:48 (8 laps)       "

Track: Istanbul
Cars: F3000
Time of Day: 14:00
Weather: Dry
Start: STANDING

Server: SRou Istanbul fun run
Password: normal practice password

notes
You won't be able to join just for race 2, there are no inter-race warm up sessions and the second race will have the first 8 finishers reversed on the grid.
**If you are interested in using/seeing custom skins the links for the downloads are here:https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3650.0

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 05:44:12 PM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:43:04 PM +0000 »

Sad any  chance of making this race later in the evening or a different day?Saturday isn't really a good day for racing.

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:07:20 AM +0000 »

Sad any  chance of making this race later in the evening or a different day?Saturday isn't really a good day for racing.

Sorry, I know.
The calendar fills very quickly with races and just wanted to get this already postponed event out of the way (so to speak) and move on to a hopefully more suitable time and day that will give the event a chance to succeed.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 12:35:41 PM +0000 »

Sad How about moving it to tonight, I would have thought more people will race on Friday rather than Saturday, I can make tonight as can a few others probably, but Saturday is a no-no.
I know its extremely short notice but it would be nice to test the skins out.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 02:03:05 PM +0000 »

Sad How about moving it to tonight, I would have thought more people will race on Friday rather than Saturday, I can make tonight as can a few others probably, but Saturday is a no-no.

We've used Fridays for tests in the past and they're very poorly attended.

Personally I like to get my Friday drinknig out of the way at lunchtime but sadly I'm away tomorrow evening.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:07:47 PM +0000 »

Undecided I may just be able to turn up for this but if I can't sorry peeps.

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 07:11:50 PM +0000 »

Cool, we need the numbers  Tongue
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 07:19:37 PM +0000 »

It'll be tight, I may not even have time to quali.......a little problem delaying the server start time would help....say 10 minutes!!! Cheesy

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 09:23:02 PM +0000 »

Not too impressed with this sim Sad

Felt like something I used to play on my ZX81 with better graphics.

Cars/physics just don't feel right....even watching the 2nd race from the pit wall, cars looked 'silly' IMO.

Got DQed from pole in race 2 for a jump start...what, no stop n go?....and I only jumped the start coz other cars were passing me....but they carried on...obviously another serious bug.

Hope they can sort out the probs with this....otherwise I feel I have wasted my money. Lips Sealed

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:28 PM +0000 »

Not too impressed with this sim Sad
Hope they can sort out the probs with this....otherwise I feel I have wasted my money. Lips Sealed

Sorry to hear that Huh
I had the opposite experience, close and exciting racing. The more I play the game the more I like it.
I will admit there are still a few problems with it, we had some cars stuck on the track at times during practice that were a serious problem but that all cleared up when we went to Quali.
The DQ's at the start, I don't know what to think of that? guess it's best to wait for the lights to go out before you move off Cheesy I've done it myself  Embarrassed
C'mon Simbin give us another patch and we should be set  Roll Eyes

Minton
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 09:46:43 PM +0000 »

Yeah had a few little bugs like no engine on the grid until lights come on.. and i noticed that in the second race cars were pulling away before my lights had gone out!!
Apart from that drove like a complete twat probably coz i didnt have my badboy skin that Matt done for me  Tongue  ..made loads of mistakes and was so far off my pb of 1.40.6 car just felt totally different. Must admit the does not give a dgood sense of grip like it should have but i still think it rocks.
Grats to Jeff and thx to JPS on a great last lap..bring on the championship!! Grin
cheers
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 09:53:02 PM +0000 »

sigh..  Sad

If you want to have a laugh, read this : http://www.racesimcentral.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-200737.html

Yes, I am the proud owner of a Logitech Momo Racing Wheel with 75% throttle or 100% when you don't want it..

Any ideas of a good wheel (preferrably under the 500 euro's ...)

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 09:57:44 PM +0000 »

BRING ON RACE '07!!!

This game gives such awesome racing.

I warned people not to press ESC when on starting grid, but I guess that just made some curious  Tongue. You will only get control of the car when everyone is on the grid. This is in the changelog of the patch:

# Car input is now disabled in waiting stage of multiplayer games

They do that to prevent people from driving off, punting others and causing chaos and s/g.

Also saw 2 frozen cars in practice, but none in qually or race. It was very very smooth. Pings were only 50-80ms for me.

Saw a great finish between jps and Dan, man that was awesome Grin.

Is the server replay good, as mine is only 5s long (which is a bug ingame and will be sorted with the next patch, atleast, that says Blimey!)
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 09:58:56 PM +0000 »

Well, just made it and then had a good scrap with Adam in the 1st race and Jeff in the second.
Yes, it feels totally different to GTR2 and GTL but when those F3000's let go its damn quick, I would think that's what single seaters are like irl, twitchy up to a point then take a chunk out of your ass.
Plus Steam may encourage simbin to actually do more patches. (hope springs eternal!)
I don't like the start myself, you have very little time to set the car ready, hopefully they can sort it out soon, but it may just be the track as well, Istanbul seems terribly bumpy, so the cars are jumpy as hell, maybe a different track would give different opinions.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 09:59:34 PM +0000 »

Any ideas of a good wheel (preferrably under the 500 euro's ...)

Easy, the G25. Many have it here, and so do I. You can find it for €204,-.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com