The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 07:57:23 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Istanbul: November 03, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 - Istanbul - Nov 3  (Read 7019 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 10:01:28 PM +0000 »

I don't like the start myself, you have very little time to set the car ready, hopefully they can sort it out soon...
Yeah, it's a bit short, around 5s. But it should be enough time to engage 1st gear and rev. Or do you set a cup of tea before revving  Wink

but it may just be the track as well, Istanbul seems terribly bumpy, so the cars are jumpy as hell, maybe a different track would give different opinions.
Try Brno, smooth and no bumps, feels very different indeed.
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 10:02:54 PM +0000 »

Any ideas of a good wheel (preferrably under the 500 euro's ...)

Easy, the G25. Many have it here, and so do I. You can find it for €204,-.

hhmmmm... I'm seriously considering it...

.. but then I can't blame the hardware anymore  Cheesy

Thanks Ruskus..

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 10:05:07 PM +0000 »

no, just like to get 'settled' at start, but that's just me, a start like they do in F1 would be better imo, more of a build up, and thanks for Brno tip, I'll give that a try, any times?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 10:08:27 PM +0000 »

no, just like to get 'settled' at start, but that's just me, a start like they do in F1 would be better imo, more of a build up, and thanks for Brno tip, I'll give that a try, any times?

I don't like Brno, so I'm not really good there. My PB is a 1:47.0, but I've seen 46's on a public server.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 10:09:37 PM +0000 »

Ta, will try it at some time.....got more GTL skins to do atm.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 10:11:43 PM +0000 »

Also 12 people joining on a saturdayevening in a new game is not bad! Thanks all for turning up!
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 10:47:36 PM +0000 »

My first Race with Sim Racing, and it was absolutey great! thanks to the professionalism of the drivers involved, really impressed, managed to bag two podiums.(3rd)
Great last lap with Minton on the second race, had to really keep it together. and some great action with Don in both races.
Has anyone got the replay they can post on Sim Racing, my Replay Theatre didn't capture the races for some reason.
I look forward to the next F3000 Race with you guys.
Adam Parle
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 11:00:39 PM +0000 »

Good fun while it lasted.

Started in 5th after setting a PB in qually and had a great start to get into 3rd I think it was.  Madd had a bit of a moment to let me into 2nd and I was relishing the fight that might have been ....  Had to go and let my sister in, although I was tempted to leave her in the cold and wait till my missus came downstairs Grin .  Parked up off the track, and rejoined behind Psuedo.  Had a hell of a job getting by as our braking points were different, lines etc.   Got by in the end, but having had to go answer the door it was a bit of a lost cause anyway.

Would have like to have done race 2 ... ah well.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 11:02:26 PM +0000 »

Server replays will be posted shortly but the results I think are going to have to wait until at least tomorrow evening.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 11:07:44 PM +0000 »

Replays now available from the Race07 section from the replays button up above

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 11:08:39 PM +0000 »

rejoined behind Psuedo.  Had a hell of a job getting by as our braking points were different, lines etc.

Yeah, sorry to hold you up Adam, not done many laps so still uncertain of the car and track....enjoyed trying to keep you behind though...but I knew it couldn't last. Well done for not running into me...must have been a shock seeing me brake so early and taking some 'strange' lines.  Shocked

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Adam Parle
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 11:12:22 PM +0000 »

Yeah, sorry to hold you up Adam, not done many laps so still uncertain of the car and track....enjoyed trying to keep you behind though...but I knew it couldn't last. Well done for not running into me...must have been a shock seeing me brake so early and taking some 'strange' lines.  Shocked

No worries - I wouldn't expect an easy pass.  I'm quite impressed we didn't touch ... although I think it was more luck than judgement!  Just had to brake early and then try and maximise exit speed.  Think I had my wing too high as I wasn't making up any ground even with a nice tow ..... similarly Madd caught me up big time on the straight.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 11:30:28 PM +0000 »

Replays now available from the Race07 section from the replays button up above

Thanks Pete!
When I saw the replay only being 2.1mb I thought it had the same problem as the clientreplay, whereas is only saved 5s. But it was excellent. No warping of cars when you skip replay, no crashed, nothing, and it looked...STUNNING!

Here are some screenshots to show the awesome action=>

Close group in lap 1:

Me and Don side by side:

Dan comes out a slipstream:

Awesome photofinish starring JPS1 and Dan:
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 11:34:39 PM +0000 »

Hmmm...downloaded the replays....can anyone tell me where to put them ?  (no rude comments please Cheesy)

I downloaded race 07 through steam....and I can't seem to find any files relating to it, except an empty 'race' folder inside the steam folder.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 11:41:35 PM +0000 »

Hmmm...downloaded the replays....can anyone tell me where to put them ?  (no rude comments please Cheesy)

I downloaded race 07 through steam....and I can't seem to find any files relating to it, except an empty 'race' folder inside the steam folder.

You can shove 'em up your.....Race folder Grin.

Actually weird, I also installed the offline version and I watched it in there. In there is a normal replay theatre folder, but I also can't find it in the Steam folder  Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com