The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 04:38:40 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Brno: November 07, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 - Brno - Nov 7  (Read 6627 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 01:55:22 PM +0000 »

I have a R2P event prior to this, which should end at 20:30. Which leaves me with only 5 minutes  Shocked. Hope I can make it Smiley
You'll just have to drive quicker  Wink

I'll add 7 mins to quali time. Hope that won't cause problems for anyone else?
Thanks Don! If it is a problem for anyone else feel free to change it back.
Minton
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 04:39:49 PM +0000 »

Should give u enough time to get pole. Tongue
Minton
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 08:21:08 PM +0000 »

is the race on tonight ?...server isnt up .
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 08:25:24 PM +0000 »

Can't see the server either. Are you around Don?

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 08:32:22 PM +0000 »

OK, I just logged onto the server and it is up, there are about 8 or 10 people on there. I didn't disturb them as they were already into qualifying. Looks like there is a problem with the Race server browser.  Sad

Team Shark

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 08:34:10 PM +0000 »

It's showing up in the server list now.

Team Shark

DynoDaz
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 08:56:39 PM +0000 »

Stupid game!  Undecided

I lined up on the grid and then saw Don's comment about the fuel prediction being well off.  So I tried to re-enter the pits (like in GTR2) GAME OVER!!!!

That would have been my first ever RACE race, offline or online, so I had no idea it wasn't allowed.  Angry

Oh well, hope you guys have a good race.

I'm off to put my feet up with a cold beer and watch the rest of the footy

Cya
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 09:05:35 PM +0000 »

Not very successful. Joined late due to the server browser problem. First couple laps were fun, but I was getting poor frame rates. As the race went on it got worse and worse, until it got to the point where I couldn't judge the corners properly. I've turned my graphics settings right down, so hopefully that will do the trick. Strange it was OK offline with 20 cars.

Team Shark

Adam Parle
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 09:21:53 PM +0000 »

Cracking first race.  Good start from 2nd gave me the lead for T1, but Madd had the inside, and that cost me.  Being on the outside dropped me to 4th by T2 as people had better runs out of the corner.  Really close with Minton for the first couple of laps, swapping positions as neither of us could get a good line through the corners due to the pressure being applied.

In the end I got by after a corking exit from the final corner, after a bit of pressure I got some space between us, and by then the gap to 2nd was too big.

Great race.

The 2nd started alright - had a bit of contact I think, hard to tell.  Was behind TinMan for the whole race, getting really close just not able to get by - great racing.

Unfortunatley I crashed out on lap 3.  My wife put the washing machine on (it's about 8 feet away from my computer .... didn't close the study door .... and I couldn't hear a blkoody thing.  Missed a gear, ran of and terminated my car on a trye wall.

Really bloody annoyed as it was a great race.
Minton
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 09:36:29 PM +0000 »

Great racing ..had a good battle with Adam in the first  then just pulled the pin on the start of the second and got the holeshot from about 6th on the grid, what a buzz!!  Couldnt keep Jeff behind and he passed and pulled away.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:52 PM +0000 »

I came from a Race2Play race with Viper CC's, immediatly left there after the race and fired up Race 07.

Was surprised to see still 10 minutes on the clock, but now I know why  Wink.
Did 2 timed laps, which sucked. Have done a 2:08.1 in practice, but was 1,5s slower this time. Still that time was not good enough for Matt's great 07!

In race 1 I had an awesome start. Went from 6th to 2nd rigth after T1. Having Matt's quallytime in the back of my head, it was down to hoping for an error. But he didn't make one, so it was 2nd.

In race 2 I didn't have a very good start, could just keep Matt behind. Lap 1 was mental, cars everywhere and I could outbrake some and overtake some on the outside. Got behind Dan at that point and I could slowly crawl up to him. Tried to overtake him and we were side by side, but he had a better line and was infront of me exiting the corners.
Later I could outbrake him and was in 1st.

Server seemed very stable again and the race was again awesome.

Replays are still not fixed as they're only 5s long  Angry.

If there is a funrace after this, may I suggest Caterhams?
Mooman117

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 10:18:01 PM +0000 »

Did the same thing as Darren. Pressed escape of the grid and was DNFed. Which programmer made that call?? So I had some toast inpreperation for race 2. Good race had a good scrap with Madd for a bit. Can I put in a request for a fun race with the Radicals.
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 10:44:42 PM +0000 »

Great Races.
Race 1 I had a great view of the rear of Tin Man's car for almost 7 laps, but couldn't quite get close enough to challenge, great drive Tin Man, you kept it smooth and altogether to the very end.
Look forward to the next open wheel event.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 10:45:22 PM +0000 »

Thanks for turning up tonight guys.

Can I put in a request for a fun race with the Radicals.

I've put the Caterhams up round Magny National atm.
My thoughts were that we try out all the class's in fun races, so yes the Radicals will be coming.  Any track request?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 10:51:24 PM +0000 »

My thoughts were that we try out all the class's in fun races, so yes the Radicals will be coming.  Any track request?

Some of us had a funrace in radicals at R2P. It was at Curtiba, which is a great flowing and very wide track. So that will be good for racing, but we can also go nuts and try a streettrack?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com