Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 08:12:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U6-3 Hockenheim: November 06, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Race - Hockenheim (GP) - Nov 6  (Read 6081 times)
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 02:48:38 PM +0000 »

What times are expected here tonight anybody?

Have been looking at the rankings and R2P but there aren't any times listed for these cars.

Just had 1/2 hour praccy and doing high 1:46 low 1:47 in race setup Huh?

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
DynoDaz
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 03:07:12 PM +0000 »

On GTR2 Rank the Vipers are doing 1:42s and the Porkers 1:44s

I'll be aiming for low 1:46s in my Porker...  Embarrassed
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 03:10:31 PM +0000 »

Thanks Darren....better go do another 1/2 hour then  Wink

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 03:19:00 PM +0000 »

The ballast is there for endurance reasons, not created for sprints IIRC.

I know, but this race is a sprint and the implication is that the cars are well matched.
It's a sprint yes, but a funrace, and therefore ballasting is not an issue IMO.

And the CC is not fastest on every track.
Care to name a few where it isn't? From what I can see it is quite close to the Cup car on a few tracks and faster on the rest.
Every track which is twisty and has no real straights. Adria for once, but I can mention a few more if needed.

And besides, nobody is forcing anyone to pick the Porka.

No, but I'd like to because I prefer to drive it, but doing so when you have no chance to win is a bit demoralising. Saying nobody is forced to drive a car is rather missing the point, as I'm sure you'd agree that having roughly competitve cars is what most people want.

If you like the Porka, take it. Some like the Viper, not because it's the fastest, but the most fun to drive, and it is a fun race.
Stewprovo

Team Kerb Crawlers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 03:37:22 PM +0000 »

On GTR2 Rank the Vipers are doing 1:42s and the Porkers 1:44s

I'll be aiming for low 1:46s in my Porker...  Embarrassed

I reckon you'll go faster than that mate, I've been running low 46's, and your way faster than me Smiley

Having said that, that was offline, with quali set-up, & no fuel (habit of mine Grin) so I'll prolly run high 50's tonight laugh
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:49:39 PM +0000 by Stewprovo » Logged

' I'm much, much faster on 2 wheels...honest! '
' I might ride it like I stole it, but it really is mine officer! '
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 04:28:26 PM +0000 »

The CC is at least as fast as the cup car at Adria - Ossie had pole and fastest lap in the LE race. My best cup lap is a 1.16.4 and I matched it in the CC after about 6 laps. Pretty much every track I've driven a CC it is faster or at least as fast, which means it starts in front. After that you need to make a big mistake to lose the place.

I suppose it depends what your definition of fun is. If it is buggering off into the distance on your own then I hope you enjoy it. I've nothing against the CC or those that like it, and in an endurance race it makes some sense to match it against a Cup car, but in a sprint it is a mismatch and an exercise in frustration for a cup car driver - that part of it is not that much fun really. I'll be there tonight trying to have fun in one way or another though  Tongue

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 04:47:38 PM +0000 »

I reckon both the porka cup and the VCC are pretty even...yes the CC is faster...big engine, but it turns like a narrowboat, eats rubber for fun and guzzles juice at an alarming rate, even in a sprint.

The porka is much more nimble, lighter, easier on fuel and rubber etc.

The differences show more on endurance, where the Viper struggles against the cup, the advantage is prolly slightly with the CC in sprint.

The races we have had so far this season in the lower endurance GT3 class have been excellent, with none of the above cars having a clear advantage over the other and there has been some pretty good racing, mainly due to the differences mentioned.

Last nights races at Laguna...CC vs Cup were great...2 x 20 mins super sprints....should have been a huge advantage to the viper if what you say is true Paul, but looking at the results tells a different story. Ok Vipers were 1st & 2nd in both races, but that was the drivers more than the cars, but look at the times.....no more than 1.5 seconds seperating the vast majority.

At the end of the day, it's driver skill that counts more between these two cars....(why else do you think SBG keeps beating me  Grin)

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 05:15:54 PM +0000 »

Regarding Adria and similar tracks....It was a little suprising to find the VCC as competetive as it was against the Cup car. But I have a theory.

The vast majority of corners at Adria are pretty slow ones, there is only turn 1 really that could be classed as a fast one. This means that all the cars tend to go round them at similar speeds..the CC turns ok at slower speeds. However, the fast 'sprints' between each turn tend to favour the CC due to it's power and acceleration negating the cornering advantage of the Cup.

baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 09:26:39 PM +0000 »

Oh man!!! Sad
Computer wigged out! It's never done that before. Suddenly went into slideshow (1 frame every 20 seconds!) and I couldn't press ESC or ALT-Tab or anything! So sorry if it caused any problems for anyone behind me Sad

I was really getting into that too...

Was weird - I had kind of big purple and blue blotches where the windscreen should have been, then 1 frame I was in the wall and could see my (I think) engine w/no bonnet.

Gutted Sad taz
DynoDaz
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 09:40:59 PM +0000 »

Doh!  It helps if you read the race info before joining.  Grin

Started the race with only 20 minutes worth of fuel and I was spot on.   Wink

The race was great fun while it lasted thanks to a great battle with PRibero (great driving mate).  Unfortunately it had to come to an end when the fuel ran out.  Blasting around the the final bend the engine coughed and spluttered causing the back end to fish tale out of control, sending me flying head first into the barrier.  thumbup2

RACE OVER.  Grin 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:42:32 PM +0000 by Darren » Logged
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 09:59:44 PM +0000 »

Congrats Ruskus  Wink
Another great race. Lots of fun.
First fight with Darren was great with almost side by side braking points.
Then a cool batlle with Psuedo and finally a nice, but hard duel with Dave.
I think i am forgeting someone, so, im sorry.  Tongue

Cheers

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 10:02:23 PM +0000 »

Shame that Bara as we looked to be evenly matched :'(

Maybe Paul was right there. The vipers of John, Pseudo and Piccers did my head in Smiley You had to do a BTCC move to get past them and then they just whizz past on straights. I needed some of them Benh Hurr type spikes on the wheels to nobble them on the straights Wink. Still, much fun, including mandatory punt on pseudo Wink and running out of gas with two corners to go. Its good to be back racing and I hope the ruddy Vipers have to make 3 stops for tyres in the Enduro.

Congrats to JR and our Paul for fine performances  angel

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:05:06 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 10:03:34 PM +0000 »

Man that Viper consumes. Both tires and fuel.

At the beginning it was fine. I was worried, as the timer didn't start behind the Safety Car, and I consumed 25L in the first 10 minutes, which should have been 22,5L. The gap between FreQ and me was 3.1s at that time, so I tried to keep it at that and not push too hard to try and increase. Fuelconsumption went down and I was safe till the finish.
I started with 4L more than FreQ, and finished with 2L less than him  Grin. Also had a tire wear if 28  Roll Eyes
John

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 10:06:28 PM +0000 »

Oh man!!! Sad
Computer wigged out! It's never done that before. Suddenly went into slideshow (1 frame every 20 seconds!) and I couldn't press ESC or ALT-Tab or anything! So sorry if it caused any problems for anyone behind me

You sent me into a pannick,i came round the 1st corner watching you infront,you just seemed to stop,so i slammed on the anchors and went straight into the back of you,and then through you.They must of crapped them selves behind me.

Apologies to TT and Mark for the shunt.I had no where to go.Mark broke earlier than usually and i had to slam on the brakes(locking them up)and try to make an evasive manoeuvre.Which obviously failed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:08:56 PM +0000 by John » Logged
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 10:13:58 PM +0000 »

Results are up top and replays in the 'replays' tab.... Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com