The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 01:14:30 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Magny Cours National: November 12, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 - Magny Cours National - Nov 12  (Read 7341 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 05:04:17 PM +0000 »

Thanks Dave.

I personally think we should use the 260's for the first Caterham fun run and leave the 320's for another time.
I want to encourage people to have fun but the 320's are a real handful for slowcoaches like myself and could cause untold carnage for the rest of you Grin

Whatever you decide is fine, aslong as you decide  Tongue. Still says 260?
Minton
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 05:11:07 PM +0000 »

what times you guys been doing..i managed a 1min.3 just cant seem to get under the minute mark.

Which Cater is that, the 260 or the 320?

In the CR320 under 1 minute is quite possible. Try this setup pack

Done that time in the 260.
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 08:16:08 PM +0000 »

I agree with Don that we should stick to the 260's for this one, but I still predict a riot. There will be absolute carnage around this track. I can't wait!!

TC
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 09:06:55 PM +0000 »

Those 260's are really much easier to control, so probably better for racing. I'm in the 1:00.3xx now in practice 1 online. With a bit of luck over the jump it might get below 1 minute.

I used the CSR320 setup which I linked above, works pretty good (with personel tweaks).
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 10:07:10 PM +0000 »

Fun track to chuck these caterhams around. Managed a 1:00.5 in the 260.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Adam Parle
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 01:44:58 PM +0000 »

Shame Mondays are no good for me .... I'd really like to take part in this one.

Have a good race all.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 08:57:59 PM +0000 »

Totally pissed off now  Angry.

First race I got dropped on the gripd between the cars and got a s/g. No way to make up for that in 10 laps.

Between the races I got a call from someone for my old PC monitor and it took too long for me to get back on the grid. Both raced ... up Angry

A beautiful series shot aaargh.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:07:10 PM +0000 by Ruskus » Logged
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 09:09:36 PM +0000 »

wacko lol utter madness! But total fun,  went off at jump in a panic when someone went sideways and ruined second race, but no matter, absolute blast!

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 09:11:32 PM +0000 »

Sorry about knocking you off in the first race Dave.  Sad I braked quite early, but didn't slow the car down enough and drifted into the side of you, silly mistake.  Embarrassed

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
ossie

Bring it on!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 09:16:22 PM +0000 »

Well what a laugh that was.  My foot slipped off the clutch at the start of the first race which gave me a s/g.  On lap 9 I took the jump too fast and veered right in the air into the wall and lost front left wheel.  I let everyone by as I was going to try and finish the race but picnic I think it was had the same idea as me, he hit the jump and headed straight towards me and took out my front right wheel.  No finish there then.

Race 2, I kept my foot firmly on the clutch and managed to get away without fault but faultered again at the jump with one or two others and fought my way back upto 6th.

Had a pb in qually which gave me 4th on the grid.

Congrats to podium.  

Cheers lads, that was so much fun. Grin
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:16 PM +0000 »

That sucks JR. And I bet it looked gorgeous on the new screen Roll Eyes

The Caterhams are by far the best cars I've tried in Race. They feel like a 911 without any downforce to me. Slide them wide, aim at exit and your away. Ace, still say the 320's are more fun though  Wink. Please Don can we have some more?

Surprised at lowish turnout. I've seen the same elsewhere and maybe the take up of Race hasn't been as big as we hoped. I'd say got out and buy it. It offers something different and equal fun to GTR2 Smiley

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 09:24:27 PM +0000 »

Grin I agree SBG, these new cars (single seaters, Caterhams and Radicals) are great because they are just such fun to race together,so far I'd say all the races we've done have been a success in terms of the racing with fights going on all over the field, plus  if you make small errors you can claw some time back very soon after. So come on people get that thing on your HD now!

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 09:31:22 PM +0000 »

That was mental but sadly not helped by me trying the triplehead2go out online  Embarrassed Net result was as the cars got more and more by my side first the wheels disappeared so the cars became hover cars, then the car went and I was overtaking a shadow then that went. Had the exact reverse when I got overtook. Sadly I think that meant I thought one car had dropped back at the start of the first race when in reality I probably pushed you a bit wide Sad Sorry to whoever that was. Can't tell because of the stupid mess that Simbin have made of the car labels  Angry

The races were all over too early, I thought we were doing to 20 min races so fueled for 21 laps (doh) The racing on track was mad and there was some drafting to be had I think. Didn't always seem to work  Undecided

Not sure about a league race of these, maybe the racing maybe toned down a little but there were too many close moments that I saw. I guess the jump really didn't help Grin

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 09:41:39 PM +0000 »

Replay can be got from the link above, seems the import process has gone a little wrong Sad I'm sure it will be corrected soon.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 10:13:57 PM +0000 »

Sorry about knocking you off in the first race Dave.  Sad I braked quite early, but didn't slow the car down enough and drifted into the side of you, silly mistake.  Embarrassed

You fiend you! Tongue Had a stonking start in both races, takes me back to my GPL days. Good wide grid area at Magny Cours, good job. laugh Bullied my way into the lead in race 1 only to find myself going into turn 1 next to Aagramn with no idea whether I'd left him enough room, obviously not. laugh Bent the front a bit and the car wasn't the same but rejoined aiming to make sure of a top 8 finish and a good grid slot. Got 6th when others went off.

So, from 3rd on the grid in race 2 I went past Picnic on the pole like he was standing still and settled in behind Aagramn, who was a little bit quicker until my conservatism in the National chicane bit paid off as he speared off the track and I took the lead. Ginsters was hunting me down but only caught me with 2 to go and with the aid of "superwide mode" I fended him off to take the win. Grin

Huge fun but I can't help but wonder if a championship with longer races wouldn't end in carnage! laugh Shocked

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com