The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 03:24:45 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Magny Cours National: November 12, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 - Magny Cours National - Nov 12  (Read 7336 times)
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 10:24:40 PM +0000 »

I think half the problem was the jump (although great fun) and the short lap, Brno seemed less 'fraught' imo. But then that could also just be the cars!  Cheesy

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 11:42:18 PM +0000 »

Damn, sounds like fun. Mondays is just nigh on impossible for me and I really really want to play some RACE 07 with you guys so I hope to see you on RACE 07 events that fall on a different night. Gutted I missed Caterhams as i love 'em.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 07:56:14 AM +0000 »

Hmm, results now imported but the grid slots are wrong for race 2 and I can't work out why. Huh

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 10:05:19 AM +0000 »

I just wanted to say that Race07 has given me some of the closest racing I've ever had, be it in the WTCC or even the Caterhams last night this game rocks.
I really hope that we can get this game off the ground here at SroUK and make a League of it.
With Adjectives like "Bonkers, Insane, wild, hairy, excellent" being expressed in the after chat race server I think we should be onto a winner Wink
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 10:21:45 AM +0000 »

I just wanted to say that Race07 has given me some of the closest racing I've ever had, be it in the WTCC or even the Caterhams last night this game rocks.
I really hope that we can get this game off the ground here at SroUK and make a League of it.
With Adjectives like "Bonkers, Insane, wild, hairy, excellent" being expressed in the after chat race server I think we should be onto a winner Wink

I think some people don't buy it as they see no reason as there is no league with it here yet, "just" funrace. The league went from GTR1 to GTR2 without a problem, "forcing" people to buy GTR2. I know this is a logic step, from GTR2 to GTR1, but maybe there needs to be a real league before people buy it, and that way increase the number of people in Race 07 races.

I don't know if a 4th season of GTR2 is gonna bring us alot extra, I think we could switch to Race 07 for the tuesday sprint events, and leave GTR2 for endurance. And then either have a different sprint series every week, or select the most popular serie and do season with that. Just my  eek (vision)
Adam Parle
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 10:42:14 AM +0000 »

"Bonkers, Insane, wild, hairy, excellent"

But enough about you Don - what did everyone think about the racing??  Grin
Adam Parle
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 10:46:34 AM +0000 »

Having run a number of races in RACE07 without problems I'm happy to commit to a proper series.

The two race format with a reversed top 8 is great, and by having 2 shorter races everyone should be racing for the majority of the time on track - rather than hotlapping that can sometimes happen the current format.

If we're going to run a series, I don't think a different car a week is really the best option - stick with a single make and go have fun.  People will be more familiar with the cars and again create closer racing.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:58 AM +0000 »

I thought it was great fun - my second Caterhams fun race.  Grin I had a bit of a battle with Don and Ossie but being better and faster drivers they soon muscled there way past me.  Embarrassed surrender It's much better at the back of such a race than after 10 to 12 laps driving one eye in the mirror trying to avoid the front runners,  instead you start again. 

Also all the cars don't bog down in the gravel traps, this is what I found so annoying with GTR.  A minor error turned into a major event getting back onto the track and facing the right way.  cursing

More Race 07 races please.

Bill  wheelchair

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2007, 06:29:07 PM +0000 »

Can I put my bid in for a F3000 Open Wheel League on Race 07!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2007, 07:01:17 PM +0000 »

Any chance of another fun race tomorrow (Wednesday) night? Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:26 PM +0000 »

Any chance of another fun race tomorrow (Wednesday) night? Wink

I'd be in... feel free to go ahead and set one up... surprise us with the choice thumbup2
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com