The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 12:05:43 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Curitiba: November 14, 2007
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 - Curitiba - Nov 14  (Read 6070 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: November 13, 2007, 07:52:35 PM +0000 »

All members welcome

Practice: 20:00 (20 mins)
Qual: 20:20 (15 mins)
Race 1: 20:35 (14 laps)
Race 2: 20:55 (14 laps)       

Track: Curitaba 2007
Cars: Radical SR4 205BHP (the middle one)
Time of Day: 14:00
Weather: Dry
Start: STANDING

Server: SimRacing.org.uk fun
Password: normal practice password (see above)

notes
(1) You won't be able to join just for race 2, there are no inter-race warm up sessions and the second race will have the first 8 finishers reversed on the grid.
(2) If you are interested in using/seeing custom skins the links for some of the downloads are here:https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3650.0
(3) Please don't press escape once you have joined the starting grid or you will get a DQ!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 07:52:54 PM +0000 »

Don/... - are you around to start the server or do I need to do it?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:07:26 PM +0000 »

I shall try and make this one although it starts a bit early for a Wednesday (for me)!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:50:10 AM +0000 by Simon 'Shark' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:32:12 PM +0000 »

Don/... - are you around to start the server or do I need to do it?

I should be around, I can do it.
More new cars to drive  Grin
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:00:45 PM +0000 »

Sorry I can't make this one pity  :'( I like the Radical.  I have a prior commitment for Wednesdays, I also am committed to Thursdays GTL.  Other than that I am free - not cheap. Evil

Bill  wheelchair

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 04:45:49 PM +0000 »

What times are you guys getting? Only 1.17's for atm.
The cars don't seem to have as much feel to me as say, the open wheelers, Caterhams or the Wtcc's?
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 06:39:18 PM +0000 »

Times? LOL. I'll tell you when I turn a wheel for the first time here tonight when I join the server. Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 07:19:14 PM +0000 »

Times? LOL. I'll tell you when I turn a wheel for the first time here tonight when I join the server. Grin

Pffft! Not only have I never driven one of these machines but I don't even know which country Curitiba is in!

Hopefully I'll be on later to get lapped Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 07:32:57 PM +0000 »

I found myself wandering around PC world a couple of weeks ago and decided to look at the games.
Picked Race up and thought fe*k it, why not and bought it. Grin

Seems pretty good so will more than likely come along to the race.
Allthough I'm very rusty as I only got my wheel back out of the loft a couple of weeks ago too, so I will be at the back of the grid.

Is there anything that needs to be done to race online, other than install the steam(online) version which Ive just done,
like patches, settings etc?

Smiley

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 07:40:43 PM +0000 »

Is there anything that needs to be done to race online, other than install the steam(online) version which Ive just done,
like patches, settings etc?

Smiley

Nice to have you back.
Once you have restarted Steam you should be all set.
Fine tuning the FFB set up and getting the most out of the graphics settings was all I had to do.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 09:10:24 PM +0000 »

Crud Embarrassed

I took Dave out at the start of Race 2 - sorry Dave. Sheer uselessness on my part after a crap start and cars swarming all over me Sad

Not a great evening for me but those cars are quite good fun.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 09:30:20 PM +0000 »

That was excellent fun and a really welcome change from GTR2.

Those slightly lower powered ones were a bit more fun than the 252bhp, although the track made it hard for overtaking. I didn't realise this was the circuit I had my one and only RACE 07 race in before so I knew the track already thankfully. That race was in the more powerful 252bhp ones though.

Two 2nd positions meant overall victory. Had a good race with Ossie in the second one and I think for a lap or two in the first before it became a bit lonely.

Glad to see the network stuff seemingly working ok with no lag at all for me.

Thanks for the fun guys. Now I just need another Caterham and F-BMW race again. Wink

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 09:37:54 PM +0000 »

Just a quick sorry(again) to Dave for punting you in the first race. I waited for you , but that doesn't really help. Gave it too much gas off the line at the start of race 2. Just as I thought I'd made a great start she came around on me and I was at the back again. Had a fun race trying to catch Don. All in all great fun even if my performance as crap.

TC
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 09:42:34 PM +0000 »

lol What madness that was! got a pb in quali and never really looked back, a clear track in front does wonders for self calm! slowly made a cushion between myself and the Shark/Ossie battle in the first few laps then just gradually made it bigger. Grin

The 2nd race was a bit more fraught, I made a demon of a start only to see cars screeching past with locked up brakes at T1 and was very lucky as were others not to be taken out, had a bit of a moment when a car slid in front but nothing major, started to get back on it and closed up on Shark and JPS, got alongside JPS a couple of times and was lining him up for a draught when I put a wheel on the kerbs and half spun, sitting on the apex of the corner before the sharp left. Roll Eyes

I tried to get out of the way quick and almost made it before a group of racers fighting came up to me and just were unable to avoid me, really bad luck as another 20 metres or so and it wouldn't have been a problem, after that car was wobbling everywhere under braking and although got it down to the mid 16's it was just too late. Sad

Still another extremely enjoyable couple of races, and no problems to report with server or game Wink

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 09:45:24 PM +0000 »

...I put a wheel on the kerbs and half spun, sitting on the apex of the corner before the sharp left. Roll Eyes

I tried to get out of the way quick and almost made it before a group of racers fighting came up to me and just were unable to avoid me...

Yeah, sorry Madd, I had to try to get past on the inside of you with another car next to me, I though I'd just make it but ended up thumping you pretty hard and ending my race too Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com