The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 08:03:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Curitiba: November 14, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race '07 - Curitiba - Nov 14  (Read 6073 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 09:45:58 PM +0000 »

Race 1 was cwazy - first lap was abject chaos, almost creamed into Leuven when he didn't move at the start and then got swallowed up in an angry gaggle, TinMan ran smack into the back of me in the final corner and I dropped to dead last. Pity but it was mega fun carving my way back up through the field, shoulda had Dan Minton for 4th but he was only slow in the tricky left tightening left hander and on a couple of occaisions I nearly ran off to avoid him.

Race 2 was much better - shot straight into the lead, made a silly mistake and let Dan past but then got a great run on him a few laps later into the final turn, got close enough to get a tow (you need to be very close in these cars!) and did a demon late break into turn 1 to take the lead back. Saw him warp once and then a few laps later he vanished - pity, he was keeping me very honest.

Pops, not sure who you ran into in Race 2 but I don't think it was me!

Don, sorry about dropping the results import on you but it went horrible wrong when Picnic tried it on Monday so I need to know if there's something fundamentally wrong with the instructions or if it was just bad luck.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 09:47:12 PM +0000 »

ps. I really, really like these cars - the excitement of single seaters with the forgiving handling of sports cars. Bravo! Grin

pps. I really don't like standing starts even if I'm good at them! Cheesy

LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 09:47:49 PM +0000 »

Nice to have you back.
Once you have restarted Steam you should be all set.
Fine tuning the FFB set up and getting the most out of the graphics settings was all I had to do.

Smiley ta had to create a new profile and change all settings again but could not find the configuration utility for the on line version. Huh

As for the races, well race 1 showed that I hadn't raced for a few months as I went from 2nd to about 9th/10th and nearly caused a traffic jam pile up. Embarrassed
Managed to regroup and claw back to 3rd behind Simon who I knew was going to be waaaay too consistent to concede a 5 second gap in as many laps and I managed to get it down by a couple or so at the most whilst Madd just drove off into the distance. Cool

There was a point where I was following a Green car (I think) going into the 5th gear left right esses but wasn't quite far enough in front to stay on the inside so backed out but the other guy (who had right of way) also backed out when he didn't need to, which saw us both going quite slower than normal, which made me chuckle at the time, so thanks for the courteous driving whoever it was. Smiley

Race 2 was a bit better from the start but need to practice the standing starts as I was too slow.
Going into the first corner I was still thinking about those damn name tag's (which wont turn off cursing) and also getting too excited I guess and braked too late and hit an Orange Car quite hard, Embarrassed. They ended up with the back end out but luckily they held it together really well and carried on, but nonetheless I must apologise as it was careless driving on my part. Sad
I decided to slow to a bit to gain no advantage whatsoever. Undecided

After that it was another case of picking up the pieces and chasing those in front, which turned out to be real fun as jps1 was fast and did a great job of keeping me behind him for many laps (at least 5) , by the time I got past I managed to put q few seconds between us but there were only around 2 laps left IIRC and again not enough to catch Simon and ossie who were in front.

Overall great fun.
Grats Madd and whoever it was that won race 2? Wink Grin
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:50:41 PM +0000 by LEUVEN » Logged

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 09:54:43 PM +0000 »

Pops, not sure who you ran into in Race 2 but I don't think it was me!

Hmmmm.... I'm absolutely sure the driver tag said it was you... Another bug?

Anyway, whoever it was, I'm very sorry Sad

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 09:56:27 PM +0000 »

Grats Madd and whoever it was that won race 2? Wink Grin

Dave Gizmo Gymer would you believe! Shocked

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 10:03:47 PM +0000 »

There is an option to turn off the nametags Leuven, you've got to map the key youself tho. I too find them awful as they block any sight of the corners in the distance.

LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 10:19:25 PM +0000 »

There is an option to turn off the nametags Leuven, you've got to map the key youself tho. I too find them awful as they block any sight of the corners in the distance.

yeah I'll have to change it to a different one as the default key 'D' wasn't working, was distracting though.

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 10:29:36 PM +0000 »

Great Racing. Would like to thank everybody for the fun.

Had a great battle with LEUVEN, who was all over me for 5/6 laps but managed to keep him behind, until he conducted a great over take into turn two the right hander, well done LEUVEN.

I found the 14 LAPS alot better than the short 5 or 6 laps we have had in the past, more of this distance please!!
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 10:33:07 PM +0000 »

Sorry Guys the results are going to be delayed Embarrassed lol.
The replays are in tho..
Cheers.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 09:13:41 AM +0000 »

Sorry Guys the results are going to be delayed Embarrassed lol.

Don't worry, Don, the whole point of these fun races is that they're a tool for learning about Race, and how well our league management system copes with it (or doesn't laugh). Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 01:59:12 PM +0000 »

Results now in. I'm totally perplexed as to why I seem to be the only person for whom imports work. Huh

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 04:34:37 PM +0000 »

First lap was complete chaos, fun though. A couple times I had to brake early to avoid the gaggle of cars and just hope I didn't get tagged by anyone behind me. Was running about 8th, close behind another car. Either he braked early for the last corner or I was too late. Fortunately I had an escape route to the left, and I managed to avoid contact, but that ended my race.

Didn't see any problems this time. At Magny something went wrong with the grid positions, and also my pit-lane speed limiter wouldn't work for some reason. I'm still getting poor frame rates online though, even on low detail. Think I'll try turning the replays off.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 05:20:00 PM +0000 »

At Magny.....also my pit-lane speed limiter wouldn't work for some reason.
There is no pit-lane speed limiter on the Caterhams as far as I know.

I started to enjoy it last night after I'd worked out how to drive them, such fast cornering and really different to drive.
Funny, the DNF I got in the first race was because I ran out of fuel (again!) but it shows up as suspension damage in the results. No real problem with that as there was definitely damage as I was having to keep the wheel turned to keep it in a straight line after I had touched a wall. But it was lack of fuel that ended my race.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 05:38:48 PM +0000 »

There is no pit-lane speed limiter on the Caterhams as far as I know.

That might just explain it.  laugh
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:05:46 PM +0000 by Aagramn » Logged

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 07:21:42 PM +0000 »

Funny, the DNF I got in the first race was because I ran out of fuel (again!) but it shows up as suspension damage in the results.

Did you happen to notice whether it was shown correctly in-game? The codes used in the export have been consistent between GTR1, GTL and GTR2 but maybe Race 07 uses different codes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com