The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:39:33 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Zandvoort: November 19, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Zandvoort (GP) - Nov 19  (Read 6548 times)
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 11:30:47 AM +0000 »

I'm completely new to the game and only did a few laps. With the simbin set up I'm doing 1.51s. I've no idea how that compares.

The BMW bites too often with the bumps. It may as well be classed as FWD when I use it as it more often than not the car is back to front. It's the fastest if you can drive it but I find FWD safer here.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 09:13:34 PM +0000 »

FWD... rubbish. Never again.

Interesting dice with Oilseal in the first race. Strange braking on the way out of corners!

Failed to get 8th so started 9th for race 2. Got tangled up with a bunch of loonatics in BMWs who were determined to bounce off each other, and eventually took me off instead. Thanks a bunch. Pushed hard to try and catch up again and got shoved out of the way, finally spun trying to push too hard and broke the suspension.

Standing starts... um. Touring cars... boo. Short races... boo. Tongue

To finish first, first you must have fins.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 09:14:57 PM +0000 »

Not for me that one Smiley. Something not right in bimmer track combo which made it feel a little arcadey/daft to me. I usually enjoy the bimmer as well and theres no way I'll join the fwd gang.  O well, so much more in Race to enjoy.

Apologies for the stupid rear enders I gave out and thx to those that did similar back to me.  
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:18:42 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 09:39:10 PM +0000 »

It seems every race is full on incident. I do find the game arcade like. Reminds me of toca3. It is very fast and loads of fun but there is always going to be incidents
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 10:04:28 PM +0000 »

Funnily enough I quite enjoyed that Wink Hadn't turned a lap here but expected to know the layout from GTL but this was a longer version. Somehow put a lap in good enough for 4th I think in the first race and got up to 2nd when John and Bernie had some sort of incident. Then as the tyres went off in a big way so did I, twice! Finished 6th for a 3rd place start in the second race.

Managed to sneak in to 2nd round the back and chased Ossie who kindly outbraked himself in to Tarzan and gave me a small lead before he spun again. It was then a 'simple' task of tyre management to hang on for the win Smiley I got the tyre warning message in the first race but not the second, but the tyres were very obviously way passed their best.

I quite enjoy these races, they are pretty intense. The FWD cars are fairly soleless to drive but much easier near the limit than RWD, understeer rules Wink Suits my lack of real talent  laugh I just hope SIMBIN never fix the pitting issues so we can't run longer races or I'll be getting new tyres 3 times in a sprint!

JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 10:31:35 PM +0000 »

Tin Tops WTCC not really for me. Cooked my tyres in the first race, and too many incidents going on around in the second race.
Good fun overall.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:23:07 AM +0000 by JPS1 » Logged
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 08:41:37 AM +0000 »

Argh, for some reason I hadn't put two and two together correctly (that'll be my dodgy maths again) and hadn't made Monday, which I do not race on. Sorry, please can we have a non Monday night WTCC so I can find out if it's good online? angel

The BMW requires big setup changes to make it more driveable, certainly a handful around here on the default setup, so bouncy and scarey under brakes.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 09:14:52 AM +0000 »

Yes, now I've got Race 07 I'd like a non-Monday race if possible as Mondays are always out for me.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 11:40:53 AM +0000 »

I noticed that I took the 2007 bimmer last night when I've used the 2006 version previously. Is there much difference between them? In testing around Brands (can't bring myself to drive Zandvoort again) I'm faster in the 2006 bimmer which feels more balanced and chuckable. Or am I simply more use to 2006 version?

I'd be impressed by Race if even I can notice subtle differences in 2006/7 versions. They both look the same   Wink

Edit-just noticed tyre variations in results.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:45:17 AM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 11:50:08 AM +0000 »

Edit-just noticed tyre variations in results.

I was just about to work out if that was correct or not... I think it is...

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 11:55:48 AM +0000 »

I believe that Yokohama have been sole supplier in the WTCC since the start of 2006 so unless anybody knows different I'm going to change all the mappings...

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 12:02:37 PM +0000 »

I believe that Yokohama have been sole supplier in the WTCC since the start of 2006 so unless anybody knows different I'm going to change all the mappings...

That could of been something to do with my dastartdly dabbelings  Roll Eyes
It wouldn't except and unknow tyre-type for the imports.
Just keeping you on your toes.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 12:29:45 PM +0000 »

Does Gizmo ever race with a non-Japanese car?  Grin
ossie

Bring it on!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 03:21:39 PM +0000 »

Had a good start in race 1 and was doing very well until I got rear ended (think it was Ginsters - not to worry) which left me last.  Had to fight to finish 7th.

Race 2, started 2nd and had an amazing start off the line which gave me a huge lead.  A few twitchy moments and missing my braking point completely left me in the gravel and Picnic took the lead.  Managed to fight off Bernie at the end to maintain 2nd.

Didn't think much of the front wheel drive cars and took the beemer which I had a load of fun with.

I think we should stick to f3000, formula bmw and radicals.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 06:53:14 PM +0000 »

Does Gizmo ever race with a non-Japanese car?  Grin

Actually I was filling in for Shark who used to own an Accord Type R. Normally I wouldn't touch a FWD car with a bargepole, even if it means driving a BMW. Tongue

I did the whole of Season 5 in a Corvette dontchaknow. Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com