The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:47:26 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Valencia: November 21, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Valencia (GP) - Nov 21  (Read 12061 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 07:00:36 PM +0000 »

I doubt I'll be back from Beowulf in time.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 10:04:42 AM +0000 »

I'd forgotten about the small matter of a football game this evening, so I can't make this  Sad Any chance of putting something on after the match finishes?
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 11:34:35 AM +0000 »

I'd forgotten about the small matter of a football game this evening, so I can't make this  Sad Any chance of putting something on after the match finishes?

Oh crap, forgot about that! I'll have to stick to the original time now I guess.
I'll leave the server running with the same config as the event, if anyone wants to drive the event again later. You'll just have to vote to advance to get things underway.
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 01:03:57 PM +0000 »

Don
Reference applying the new patch, I have launched Steam with auto update enabled, it seem to update something in Race 07 but this is not showing in update history. When I launch the sim it shows version 101.1 Is this the updated version?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 01:11:54 PM +0000 »

The server claims to be running 1.0.1.1

Considering how long Steam has been in the wild why does it seem some of the basics don't work. Like you I have no update history shown and when I click on the friends thang and players I recently played against that list is empty  Undecided So all the other cars in Monday's race were in my imagination were they!

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 01:14:57 PM +0000 »

Sweet! That's a nice car/track combo Cool

Agreed. And us Monday lot get a mountain track and bouncing BMW's Wink. Give this lot the WTCC and keep Monday's for Caterham's, Radicals and F3's Grin

Seriously, have fun chaps.

Before you rear wheel drive fanatics write off WTCC, have you tried a real "designed for racing" ETCC homologation special - the original E30 BMW in WTCC87.  This, I think, is a far better drive than either of the BMWs in WTCC 2006 or WTCC 2007.  Grin This is a proper uncompromising Sports Saloon not a modified production car.  hammer

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 02:19:33 PM +0000 »

...when I click on the friends thang and players I recently played against that list is empty  Undecided

I think that only works for official Steam servers, Steam doesn't recognise any of the Race 07 servers. I thought that was odd too.

Legends Racing simracing team
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 03:38:20 PM +0000 »

Don
Reference applying the new patch, I have launched Steam with auto update enabled, it seem to update something in Race 07 but this is not showing in update history. When I launch the sim it shows version 101.1 Is this the updated version?

Yes 1.0.1.1 is the on-line version of the patch.
As Picnic said the server is upto date with the new patch, if you can connect to it your ok.
JPS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 03:57:23 PM +0000 »

Any ideas what improvements this patch comes with for Race 07?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 04:05:12 PM +0000 »

Any ideas what improvements this patch comes with for Race 07?

Methinks that basically they've just turned on the "World Ranking" feature. I keep getting an EULA dialog too which is mildy annoying.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 04:35:10 PM +0000 »

Quote from Simbin about patch 1.0.1.1  "There is fix on the way for the EULA popping up and for the SteamProxy.exe problem.

Furthermore this patch was about World Ranking only, future patch(s) will address some of the well known issue."
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 06:51:42 PM +0000 »

Now I'm a football fan, but I've grown sick and tired of England and the Premiership. No respect in the game, too much cheating and England matches are invariably dull. I'm very tempted to give the game a miss as I'm not really bothered whether we qualify or not anymore. Disappointed about Scotland not getting there, but really if England don't make it, shucks.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Oilseal

Oilseal - Team Oldie Racing

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 07:04:14 PM +0000 »

Sorry guys football wins out...................and Tinman's off to Cyprus for a month so no Team Oldie involvement. See you at the next one....................Engerland, Engerland etc.   Mindless soccer thug

Oilseal
Minton
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 07:12:16 PM +0000 »

Now I'm a football fan, but I've grown sick and tired of England and the Premiership. No respect in the game, too much cheating and England matches are invariably dull. I'm very tempted to give the game a miss as I'm not really bothered whether we qualify or not anymore. Disappointed about Scotland not getting there, but really if England don't make it, shucks.

Took the words straight out of my mouth Simon... love football butcant be dealing with the frustration. I take it the numbers will be low tnight then. Sad
JPS

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 07:14:45 PM +0000 »

Might seem obvious, but how does one create a photo to ones username like alot of you have, and add a Team name which I didn't do when I activated my membership. Any tips would be helpful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com