The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 11:03:28 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Valencia: November 21, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Valencia (GP) - Nov 21  (Read 12207 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 09:44:25 PM +0000 »

Was busy making a setup from scratch and was learning as I went. At the end of qually I had something quite good and was surprised about my lap.

Race 1 I had a Lewis Hamilton at Brasil moment and I lost alot of speed on the straight, ending up last Grin. Was fun fighting my way up and in the end great with Dan. I overtook him halfway in the last lap, but took it back in the last corner. Nice move.

Race 2 I had a good start and was a few places up quickly. Had some fun with Simon ( Roll Eyes) and Adam.

Going great, only to balls it up big time when Ruskus let me by so he could torment me by blitzting me the following lap.  Big spin, and carried on spinning so I quit in disgust.....
Annoyed.

I hope I didn't cause that  Embarrassed. I thought it might have been more fun battling for position than being on our own, especially when it's a funrace. Sorry if I messed up your race  Sad
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 09:55:56 PM +0000 »

Replays are in, results will take a bit longer, thanks to the new patch.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 10:04:00 PM +0000 »

Replays are in, results will take a bit longer, thanks to the new patch.

I'll update the importer tomorrow morning and run it through my comprehensive quality control process (ie. try an import and if it works declare the system perfect Cheesy).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 10:22:05 PM +0000 »

Going great, only to balls it up big time when Ruskus let me by so he could torment me by blitzting me the following lap.  Big spin, and carried on spinning so I quit in disgust.....
Annoyed.
I hope I didn't cause that  Embarrassed. I thought it might have been more fun battling for position than being on our own, especially when it's a funrace. Sorry if I messed up your race  Sad

Nah, it was entirely my fault....

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

IT WAS ALL YOU!!!! Wink
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 10:25:49 PM +0000 »

Pretty good qualifying.

Race 1 was good with very few mistakes couldn't hold onto Jeff when he went pass me for second place!

Race 2 was a disaster, went to take a tear off from my helmet and hit the wrong button when I was following Dan Minton I think, and span. Last couple of laps got caught out by my brake balance on near empty tanks.

Cool Formula great fun!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007, 10:26:56 PM +0000 »

Might seem obvious, but how does one create a photo to ones username like alot of you have, and add a Team name which I didn't do when I activated my membership. Any tips would be helpful.

I'm no expert but the Avatars are simply a JPG. I guess one takes a render of one's car, adds the text and shrinks it to a sensible size. If you go to your forum profile you can tell the system what avatar to use. You may have to upload it somewhere first as I'm not sure if the forum stores them for you.

It's easy for me as Shark does mine  I Am Not Worthy

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 12:28:44 AM +0000 »

And I took the lazy person route - I stole it from vgcats.com! Grin

I ordered this game after the Upper Sprint race yesterday....seeing as it's already dropped to £18. I'll be around to torment the crash barriers in a couple of days then  Roll Eyes
Minton
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2007, 08:26:45 AM +0000 »

Really enjoyed that ..Went passed Jeff when he relised that he was going to drive off into the sunset and get board.  Had a lonely race but new Jeff would get bigger in my mirrors as the race went on... He made a good move on the last lap but i got a better drive out of the the uphill right and got him on the inside on the last corner..good fun. Grin
Race 2 i got a mega jump off the line and was bout to blast past a few people then saw Pops car just sitting there and could not avoid him and lost my front wing, crawled back to the pits to find that my pit crew where down the pub Huh whats going on with the pit stops??
cheers
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2007, 08:34:44 AM +0000 »

whats going on with the pit stops??

I think it's pretty much stop and gos only. It's rubbish in that respect. Sad

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 08:57:38 AM +0000 »

Race 2 i got a mega jump off the line and was bout to blast past a few people then saw Pops car just sitting there and could not avoid him and lost my front wing, crawled back to the pits to find that my pit crew where down the pub Huh whats going on with the pit stops??
cheers

Really sorry about that Dan, apologies my stupidity ruined your race Sad

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007, 09:16:14 AM +0000 »

Results now in. There's a small anomaly in that the logic for determine the second race start positions expects to find at least 8 finishers from the first race, but if fields are that small we won't be running any championships. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007, 09:24:06 AM +0000 »

I ordered this game after the Upper Sprint race yesterday....seeing as it's already dropped to £18. I'll be around to torment the crash barriers in a couple of days then  Roll Eyes

I might have to get that then...I haven't driven any touring cars since the first version of TOCA.
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2007, 09:53:11 AM +0000 »

Thanks Picnic for the tips, I thought my request for help had been lost in last nights panic over the server.
I 'll give that ago.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007, 10:23:36 AM +0000 »

I saw alot of oversteering F3000 last night. Normally I am the one that oversteers alot, but this time I made a setup from scratch using the R2Play setupguide. And it was very stable and pretty quick, so if anyone wants to try it out give me a shout Smiley. It's a tweaked default, and not super different, but better turn in with stability.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 10:28:43 AM +0000 »

Can you point me towards the guide? I seem to suck at setup adjustments for RACE 07.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com