The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 16, 2024, 11:09:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Brands Hatch: November 26, 2007
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Brands Hatch (GP) - Nov 26  (Read 4763 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 02:28:23 PM +0000 »

Shark, I understand you are the expert from Picnic, but how does one download one owns Avatar from my pictures, in my documents, the facilty under profile seems to only allow you to download from a HTTP, is this right, or can one browse as to where this picture comes from? (ie my picture folder from ones own computer)

The one you'd tried to put in there had too many "http://"s in front but it wasn't an image anyway...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 02:51:59 PM +0000 »

Thanks guys, the one you have loaded for me will do just fine, you read my mind!
I'll add some txt and it is perfect.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 09:14:39 PM +0000 »

That ended quickly. Just don't have a feel for these cars - somehow squeaked up to 5th during lap 1, then caught and passed Backo before the car just snapped away from me on the way out of Graham Hill Bend and I lost my front wing on the barriers. Decided to quit rather than stick around for race 2 - I just don't 'get' the single seaters at all - there like Radicals which had all the feel removed. Huh

To finish first, first you must have fins.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 09:38:28 PM +0000 »

Took me ages and ages to get used to those things!

Great little dices with JPS (sorry about contact in Quali), Don W (we had a competition in race 1 to find who could spin the most Cheesy ), and Backo - love that little spin through Sheene curve - that kept me laughing until Paddock Hill bend  Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 09:40:00 PM +0000 »

Qually was good, could of won about 0.4 in the last sector, but still pleased of getting 28's

Race 1 was very intense for the first 8 or so laps, with FreQ following me closely and the gap remained the same all the time. So it's a shame he spun and modified his car Grin.

Race 2 started good for me, I had a very good start and was behind FreQ before T1. Very crowded T1 and some cars went off, so I gained 2 places with that. Still in lap 1 I was in 1st place. Lap 2 I watched what was going to happen, and I noticed I was gaining about2s a lap. So I decided to give myself a pitstop and an extra challenge.
Had to push really hard to win the 40s or so gap back. At once someone spun  and collected the car infront, with nowhere to go I also collected the collected car. Dunno about damage, but car still felt quite okay.
The cars I overtook were basically due to other drivererrors. Backo scared the hell out of me few times by lifting off midcorner  Grin.
Race was a bit too short so I finished 4th, but still R2 was pretty fun.
jon weal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 09:43:27 PM +0000 »

Those cars at once manage to be both terrifying and extremely good fun!

Apologies about my dodgey start in race 1, for some reason my pit limiter was on and I ended up going backwards fairly quickly. Like Hakkinen in Montreal (1999/2000?) I ended that race on the roll hoop after fighting too hard back through the pack.

Race 2 went much better and it ended up with stalking JPS for 10 laps or so, usually around a second behind. I think we both had our moments as the tyres waned buy JPS drove brilliantly to hold me off.

For my first race here, that was seriously good fun!
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 09:46:58 PM +0000 »

What an event, came in from work just as quali started and managed to win the event overall, with a 3rd and a 2nd place..Wow... unbelievable!

Race 1  I never fought so hard for 3rd place, first Dan then BACKO, had to really keep it together, fighting all the way almost to the finish.

Race 2 Kept it all together after a struggle with Dan and BACKO which lasted a few laps, then tried to keep it smooth once I had 2nd place, Jon Keel kept me honest by pushing hard behind me.

Thanks guys, great fun, fab Formula FBMW.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:51:04 PM +0000 by JPS1 » Logged
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 09:58:39 PM +0000 »

RACE1
Great dice with Jeff for most of the race, he would edge ahead a couple of tenths through the first few bends, and I would get it back round the ultra fast right handers...was real fun.
Than I knocked the wing off the front...not content with that, I then went too fast into T1 and lost the whole nose completely...so I was pleased to bring it home in 4th!

RACE2
Bit crap really. Got squeezed out at T1 and into the inside barrier...nose gone straight away.
Pitted and rejoined but with a huge gap, at first I was closing but then spun again and pretty much what happened yesterday set in. It's like I'm fine until I make 1 mistake, then the floodgates open and I make millions!

Great fun racing Jeff, but I reckon I'll stay clear of all racing for at least a week now. I've gotta get my head straight or maybe slow down a bit so I can actually do a race without spinning/crashing.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 10:07:40 PM +0000 »

Results and Replays are in Smiley
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 10:11:26 AM +0000 »

Really enjoyed my first SimRacing meeting, although the first race was pretty damn lonely sat in third for most of it!

Had a nice little dice with JPS at the start of race 2 but before it could really get going i got all excited coming out of Clearways and did a spot of rallycross costing me dear. Still had good pace after that and made a few places but Surtees had been letting me know it could bite and inevitably it did, caught me out again on lap 10'ish leaving me front wingless and requiring a visit to the pits.

Can't wait for the next one!!

Cheers,

James
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com