The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 04:24:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Anderstorp: December 03, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Anderstorp (GP) - Dec 3  (Read 10956 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 07:00:35 PM +0000 »

I don't see any other option than us using some of the server donations to buy another copy just for the server so we can always login with a common SRou account and then never have problems again.

You're right - I think we should go ahead and do this now whilst we're in the black. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 07:02:55 PM +0000 »

Any idea what my problem is here.

Every time i try to launch Race 07 it says game unavailable.
Never done this before.
It says its updating,but not downloading anything.

Sounds strange. Have you tried restarting Steam?
There is also a validation/integrity check box within Steam in the game properties panel, you could try see what's going on there.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 07:07:14 PM +0000 »

don Im new to this tinternet stuff  Re: Race 07 - Anderstorp (GP) - Dec 3 which game is it being played on?  thanks ade

Hi.
Race07 Ade
http://www.race-game.org/race07/
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 07:27:16 PM +0000 »

Will race tonight but done zero praccy (I've done 5 laps in the Caterham's full stop......ahhhhhh!)  Grin
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 09:00:25 PM +0000 »

I was having some fun tonight.

I was struggling to get used to cars but was slowly but surely finding my feet through practice sessions.

Managed 5th on grid which I was both pleased and surprised about.

I'm not sure what happened at the start but don't think Madd-Rip went anywhere, so up to 4th right away.

Freq and Stuart(I think, the new boy) looked to having a right good battle in the distance.

Freq ran off then I was soon up to 3rd, short lived as he soon caught me and made a pass.

Then sitting in 4th someone decided to plug in the other router in the other room and I was soon disconnected. How annoying as I explained specifically not to do it.

Hope you had fun.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 09:06:32 PM +0000 »

This stuff reminds of early GTL and that put me off that for an age, so I'll stop partaking now before I get disillusioned with Race. See you when the serious stuff starts. I was as bad as anyone so not having a go Smiley

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 09:15:23 PM +0000 »

Not a good evenings racing. Late in qualifying drivers seem to get a low frame rate which persisted through out both races.  My frame rate was OK except for about a lap in the middle of Race 1.

At the start of race 1 I hit another car which was jerky then ran at the back of the field.  In race 2 I hung back to avoid the cars with low frame rates (??).  Then I caught up with someone who had an off and passed him only to hit him when he jumped in front of me and stopped.  Decided to quit as it was no fun.

Was there a problem with low frame rates or have I a problem?

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 09:23:06 PM +0000 »

Race 1 was pretty uneventfull, got pole with a nice time and kept 1st for Race 1

Race 2 was a different story. Lot's of contact and once I was pushed into the grass. Dunno how I managed to keep it going, but I didn't spin. Later I got some divebomb manouvres on my inside. Cars came from some carlengths to claim the inside.
It was however pretty fun with such close battles, and Anderstorp proved to be suited for Caters, with those banked corners Grin

You were lagging alot for me.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 09:24:18 PM +0000 »

Caterhams are just awesome fun. Once you stiffen the rear A LOT and soften the front A LOT the car handles like a demon. It's just so much fun to drive. Jeff had amazing pace, but these cars completely suit his driving style down the ground so no surprise there.

Onto the races and hmm, well, not good standard of driving I'm afraid. I know the races are short, but that shouldn't stop people being patient. I really don't think 20 minutes is a good length of race, it just promotes "hurry up" driving and hectic action. Ok it was good fun, but can't call it serious stuff. I hope whatever series we end up doing (assuming we do) has at least 30 minute races.

Thanks for putting the Caterhams on as they were the most fun car to drive and I thoroughly enjoyed the wheel sawing action. Drifting round the banked corners at Anderstorp really suited the little beast so nice choice Don!

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 09:25:02 PM +0000 »

Oh btw, there were 2 RACE07 servers running so that explains seeing 2 in the lobby.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2007, 09:26:26 PM +0000 »

Fun but frustrating. Was running a very good 6th in the first race when I tried to out-brake Bernie at the end of the straight. Nearly made the move stick, but ran a little wide, then managed to spin on the exit.  Sad

Second race was completely hectic, with a tight gaggle of cars ahead of me. Eventually made a mistake and dropped down the field. My frame rates started to drop badly towards the end. I made to retire on the penultimate lap as I'd have been a hazard if I'd continued.  Sad

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 09:33:55 PM +0000 »

You were lagging alot for me.

Thanks, what is the problem and solution?  I've never been told before about lagging on any of the sims, only for me it was distracting and virtually impossible to race.

The only thing is I've changed ISP but it should be up to 8 times faster - 1 Mbyte to up to 8 Mbyte.

Do I need to turn down the detail or resolution - any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2007, 09:35:48 PM +0000 »

The only thing is I've changed ISP but it should be up to 8 times faster - 1 Mbyte to up to 8 Mbyte.

Unfortunately 8 times faster can also mean 8 times less reliable. The more they pump down the a line that can't take it, the less well it performs. Did you get a WIFI router when you went to 8Mb, and if so are you using it?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2007, 09:36:50 PM +0000 »

TBH Brian , I'm at a loss too, car just seemed to bog down terribly, so I must say sorry to everyone about that, gutted really as I'd done a pb to boot!

After that it was just a case of trying to pick people off, which was unbelievably difficult but fun!

Almost got Jan but couldn't make it stick (sorry for the bump, you broke a little sooner than I expected) in race 1 and tbh race 2 was ruined when the back end stepped out and Stuart collected me when right beside me, so race 2 was the same scenario as race 1 for me, fighting all the way, one notable scrap was with Edamspeed, very enjoyable.

EdamSpeed
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2007, 09:40:19 PM +0000 »

Bit inconsistent for me. Changed settings a few times, and settled on a setup which was initially fast, but was a bit understeery when the tyres were warmed up. D'oh..

Still, despite a few offs (avoiding others a few times), I had some great little dices. Did my usual both in race 1 and 2 - threw a good place away on the final lap - Madd profited from the last one Smiley Good racing there Mr. Ripp Smiley

Oh, and sorry for anyone behind me at the start of Race 2, I think that includes Don W - I was trying to re-set my brake balance, after it defaulted back to something like 55/45, and I wanted it at 60/40 - was a bit wobbly in the braking zones!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com