The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 08:36:45 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Anderstorp: December 03, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Anderstorp (GP) - Dec 3  (Read 10834 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2007, 09:42:30 PM +0000 »

The only thing is I've changed ISP but it should be up to 8 times faster - 1 Mbyte to up to 8 Mbyte.

Unfortunately 8 times faster can also mean 8 times less reliable. The more they pump down the a line that can't take it, the less well it performs. Did you get a WIFI router when you went to 8Mb, and if so are you using it?

No just the standard Modem.  Had to change as I'm with NTL and they want everyone on Virgin Media and are shutting down the NTL side early next year.

My down load for the GTL track was about twice as fast as before at an average of about 180 kbytes.  Once I'd got it all set up proper I've had no problems.

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2007, 09:44:05 PM +0000 »

51:49 here.........VERY wobbly  Cheesy

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2007, 09:49:44 PM +0000 »

Results and replays are in.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2007, 09:59:48 PM +0000 »

Sorry I bailed, as usual I spun on cold brakes and hit some scenery and broke the car. Nothing ever gets fixed in the pits and I had better things to do than sit there waiting for race 2. Apart from the WTCC cars I can't just jump in and drive the cars without practice and a better setup  Undecided

sbart_uk

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2007, 10:21:06 PM +0000 »

I had a really fun first race with you guys,

I quallified well in 3rd i think, but could not match the stunning pace of Ruskus on a 1:33.xx?

In race 1 three of us were fighting early on and after a few laps someone spun and i was in 2nd trying to chase down ruskus but after a few tail happy moments i lost a few seconds and then he was away so i tried to drive for 2nd i then realised i'd loaded a setup where 3rd and 4th were to short. Then only to throw 2nd place away on the last lap and finished in 3rd.

Race 2 was a different story, i made a good start and gained a few places and a few more over the next few laps there was a bit of contact and i got away with it all without any major incidents then unfortunatly Ripp went off and came back on the track just where i was and we touched. I got away with it with a bit of a sideways moment but i saw in the mirror Ripp came off much worse and was back on the grass if i remember rightly. i held onto Ruskus for a good few laps untill again the grip at the front started to drop off for about the last 3 laps and i was struggling with a bit of understeer.

This was my first real race on Race07 and i really enjoyed it, and i am looking forward to the next lot of racing with you guys.

Thanks very much and see you all soon.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:57:35 PM +0000 by sbart_uk » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2007, 07:43:52 AM +0000 »

Race 1 - kept nose clean, picked off positions as folks made mistakes, kept ahead of Shark (the most important thing!). Tried to sucker Ginsters into passing me and giving me 8th and pole for race 2, but he was having none of it, then some bugger dropped out on the last lap and I was 6th.

Race 2 - from the second row blew Madd into the weeds off the line and tucked in behind Ossie, got past him and then chucked it off on the way out of Gislaved losing loads of places. Again clawed my way back as people made mistakes; Bernie chased me down fast and dive bombed up the inside into the final corner - gave him the place knowing that if he carried on like that he'd end up in the weeds. Shocked He duly obeyed and spat himself off lol handing me 4th, pretty satisfying and the fastest lap times show that as usual I'm a much better racer than hotlapper. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2007, 07:45:06 AM +0000 »

Starting positions now set from race 1 results.

jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2007, 08:15:32 AM +0000 »

Was right behind Dave in the last corner of the last lap in the first race,then his car frooze, i crossed the line,then i noticed that all the cars were frozen,nothing i could do but retire,back in the lobby i saw thet the second race had begun???.race it self was hectic but enjoyable.

Jan
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2007, 08:57:59 AM +0000 »

The car / track combo was great fun, cheers Don Cool

I don't think I'd want to do any league racing in that format though for the same reasons as Shark mentioned.

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2007, 09:15:43 AM +0000 »

Do we submit incident reports for these fun races or is it not worth it? Embarrassed

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2007, 09:31:16 AM +0000 »

Do we submit incident reports for these fun races or is it not worth it? Embarrassed

If somebody was driving like a complete gabbleblotchit then that should be addressed.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2007, 10:00:46 AM +0000 »

If somebody was driving like a complete gabbleblotchit then that should be addressed.

I find it very unlikely that anyone was reading Vogon poetry whilst driving, but that might explain things.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
EdamSpeed
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2007, 10:26:14 AM +0000 »

I think I saw a few lurgid bees though Wink

Groop, I implore thee!
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2007, 10:27:01 AM +0000 »

Bit of a shame that the Caterham's last night turned into a bit of banger race! (at least from where I was)
I like the idea of close racing but without that much contact, I get Ginsters point about the old GTL races!
and really don't want race 07 to go the same way.
Maybe the open wheelers or Radicals will win out on what we take up come League time if last nights race was anything to go by?
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 11:09:27 AM +0000 »

Don't necessarily think that the Caterhams were the reason for all the action last night. As with any new sim I guess, it was more a case of lack of practice and too much excitement/adrenalin which really showed up with the first race with a large field. At least it was in my case. I love the Caterhams and don't think they should be discarded so readily  Smiley

Until its taken up seriously, i.e. for league action, I'll not have the time to practice more and thats prolly the case for the rest of us mortals. I know its no excuse, but I don't think standards will improve until then no matter what cars you use. With the encouraging turn out last night, I guess the sooner that happens the better.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com