The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 12:34:43 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Imola: December 17, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Imola - Dec 17  (Read 6540 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 12:46:02 PM +0000 »

Should be fun with the FBMWs and Imolas high kerbs  Shocked

Luckily that tight chicane is a lot flatter.
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 03:34:25 PM +0000 »

The GTR2 endurance races are on Sunday evenings.

Ahh i see, I tend to be knocking around Sat or Sun afternoons mainly but perhaps its finally time to dust off the ol' GTR2 and get in on the Sunday evening action for my fix....not touched it since getting into GTL/ Race '07.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 05:37:29 PM +0000 »

Would love to join you lot tonight, especially as it's F-BMW.......but alas. My old PC struggles on GTR2 sometimes, so Race 07 is a no-go really.

Have fun!
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 08:43:23 PM +0000 »

Sorry folks, problems again with lag.  :'(

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 08:45:22 PM +0000 »

Was quite pleased to break into the 1:59s in qual. Then I lost my display at the end of the session and couldn't get back in before the race started.  Angry Hope you had a good one.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:47:09 PM +0000 by Aagramn » Logged

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 09:25:34 PM +0000 »

No more single seaters for me. I just don't have the concentration required to drive them and race them at the same time. Race 1 was amusing with PR spinning and then holding him off, Race 2 less so with me running into JR whilst trying to avoid running into Edam at the start and the going off after Shark spun from ahead to behind me.

I think it's the tyres - there's such a sharp drop off in grip as you reach and then overstep the limit and the cars are so stiff that there's just not enough warning for me when they start to slide.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 09:33:26 PM +0000 »

These open wheelers just don't do it for me. Especially these F BMW, they feel dead and on rails. Whatever I did I couldn't get any oversteer or anything.

Race 1 was pretty boring. Once Simon got close as he asked me a question about a corner and I was thinking to hard about that corner that I forgot where I was and thus I lost time Grin.

Race 2 started hectic. Had a good start and was in 3rd in T1, but with heavy traffic I lost all places and was last Smiley. Was good fun catching others and beating my qually time in race.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 09:36:08 PM +0000 »

As far as the F-BMW go they are my second favorite car in game after the Caterhams. I do feel that RACE 07 is not quite right somewhere in the physics department compared to GTR2 and GTL. The braking is a bit hard to feel and the general feeling of contact with the ground is just a little odd. You can see it most vividly with the Touring Cars in that they can do physically impossible feats of bizarre movement. The Caterhams are almost perfect except for the same slight feeling of uncertainty with the brakes, with the WTCC and the F3000 being the most odd feeling of all and the F-BMW and Radicals in the middle somewhere.

Still I always enjoy the racing of something different for a change and would like to see a bigger grid and more seriousness in the racing by having a series of some sort.

Qualifying was good and i felt I could have gone a second quicker than I did with a perfect lap, but alas I couldn't string it together. Race 1 started ok and then when I got 2 cut warnings I fell to pieces unable to get the lines I was used to I just couldn't cope. Was odd cause qually I only had maybe 1 cut warning at all so I really felt like I had no idea where I could race anymore. Race 2 wasn't much better on that score and eventually I succumbed to a stop and go after spinning 50 times in one lap.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 09:44:21 PM +0000 »

Replays and results now up.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 10:06:11 PM +0000 »

No more single seaters for me. I just don't have the concentration required to drive them and race them at the same time. Race 1 was amusing with PR spinning and then holding him off, Race 2 less so with me running into JR whilst trying to avoid running into Edam at the start and the going off after Shark spun from ahead to behind me.

Sorry Dave, some of that was probably my fault - was struggling with a wheel that was trying to part company with the desk. These new desks are all too damn slippery  Angry

I agree with the 'dead' feeling. Don't know why, but last time I raced the FBMW around Brands, they felt good, but for some reason tonight I didn't seem to be getting very good feedback at all. Got the 'vibrate' thing, but very little of anything else - steering felt light and weird. Tried both 'Max' and 'high' settings, but didn't seem to make a great amount of difference.

Gave up mid-way through the 2nd race, as I was just useless and the wheel finally came right off.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 07:44:06 AM +0000 »

sorry i had to bail half way through last night, i was just starting to enjoy the cars as i got used to the grip (or lack of) levels but had to take a long call so thought best i quit.

I really like the FBMW's, they are tricky and the front end breaks away too easily for my liking but very enjoyable on a big track like Imola. I was also using default setup as i havent run them long enough to tweak yet. I would like to see a regular series with them too if we had a decent grid.

JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 08:27:54 AM +0000 »

Don you didn't race last night, missed you out there on the track.

Race 1 was very good, managed to bring it home on the podium 3rd.

Race 2 turned into a disaster after I tried to avoid someone getting a bit crossed up in the sharp 2nd gear left hander going up the hill on lap 1, and lost the nose cone on the wall, tried out the pit system which was pretty poor and was forced to retire with a car that wasn't going anywhere a couple of laps later.

Great fun, very good cars FBMW, sngle seaters by their very nature are going to feel different, far better than Caterhams anyway, see you at the next Race.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:30:14 AM +0000 by JPS1 » Logged
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:50 PM +0000 »

Sorry I missed it last night,
Something unexpected came up at the last min and I had no choice but to withdraw. Shame as I thought it was a good car/track combo?
With the Christmas hols upon us soon I'll have to look and see if we can get another session in before Christmas.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 12:22:36 PM +0000 »

I thought it was a good car/track combo?

My only thought was that GP circuits maybe a bit long for the little F-BMWs and obviously with low grid sizes the big circuits are not as good either. Must admit I don't know what circuit combos are available in RACE 07, are there lots of "club" or "short" versions to pick from for the slower cars?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 12:42:44 PM +0000 »

Must admit I don't know what circuit combos are available in RACE 07, are there lots of "club" or "short" versions to pick from for the slower cars?

Yes, there certainly are and I'll start looking into using some of them in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com