The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 01:56:57 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installer scripts  (Read 5630 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2007, 04:25:52 PM +0000 »

It's proved rather more complicated than I was expecting but I've been able to produce a very generic set of scripts for producing installers with NSIS (used by WinAmp among other things).

These scripts combine the best features of those I've used to produce the UKGTR skin and ballast pack, and the various track installers I've churned out over the past few months. They allow an installer to be written very quickly and easily for any mod for GTR2 or GTL.

You can download the scripts from this link. I'm expecting anyone planning to use it to be prepared to use some initiative - this is one of the simplest bits of testing and preparing a mod for league use so if it's too much for you you probably shouldn't be doing this type of work. Tongue Cheesy

I'm hoping we can use these scripts to provide a common installation/uninstallation mechanism for all future SRou mods, at least for GTR2 and GTL, and gradually phase the use of ModMan for GTL stuff out as that seems to have become abandonware. :-(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:30:14 PM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:38:41 AM +0100 »

Scripts updated to fix a problem with leaving old uninstaller strings in the registry, and to add Race '07 skin support.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:09:33 AM +0100 »

Scripts updated again to allow removal of HAT files when a track is upgraded, and also to allow the explicit uninstallation of other things.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:55 PM +0100 »

Scripts updated to fix two problems
  • Files and directories with ampersands (and probably other characters with a special meaning to the Windows command shell) were installed okay but not removed properly by the uninstaller.
  • If using the Browse button to select an alternate directory during installation, the installer appended the name of the sim to the path which then had to be manually scraped off again.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:17:56 AM +0100 »

Minor update to allow uninstallation of old installs with their registry information in the wrong place. I don't think we still have any of these.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 04:33:18 PM +0000 »

Updated again with two changes:
  • The ability to avoid installing the non-UKGTR version of a track, where we've had to produce our own to avoid races ending short, corner cutting problems, and so on.
    See the example script for, er, and example. Wink
    This is mostly useful so that the server dudes can avoid installing tracks the server starters pick by accident.
  • The uninstaller now always removes the copy it was created by. This means that two copies can be successfully installed in two differrent places, such as GTR2 and P&G.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 11:58:37 AM +0100 »

Updated to add up to date Race '07 handling, and support for installers that expect other installers to be present.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com