by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 09:07:01 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A legend is born....Ferrari 250GT SWB for GTL  (Read 7137 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:01:45 AM +0000 »

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18869

Awesome.  Cool

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:48:18 PM +0000 »

And with enough time left to test it for season 5! Grin
I personally don't like Ferraris, but that does look like a good car to add to the grid for next season...
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:53:43 PM +0000 »

What class is it? TC65, GTC65 or TC76?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:40:03 AM +0000 »

GTC65, should make a good gladiator against the cobras if history is anything to go by  Undecided

baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 06:20:38 PM +0000 »

Shhhhwwiiiinnggg Cheesy
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 10:41:57 AM +0000 »

And with enough time left to test it for season 5! Grin

.. that would be really cool ...

Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 11:28:00 AM +0000 »

GTC65, should make a good gladiator against the cobras if history is anything to go by  Undecided

I thought the 250s were a little underpowered relative to a Cobra - they're the 3-litre ones, after all, the 250 GTO was replaced in GT racing with the 275 GTB we have in-game, since the 250s couldn't compete with the grunt of the (larger-engined) E-types and the extra 300cc was supposed to give the 275 GTB more torque.

Nevertheless, the 250 GT SWB is one of the most gorgeous GT cars ever made, would be nice to include (if the modelling is good) in the next GTL season.

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 12:33:46 PM +0000 »

Nice sounds and, for me, its very unusual to drive. Hence it could really add something and looks like a worthy test candidate.

Installing is a bit messy. And its genuine pace will need some research work (I found it really tricky around Goodwood Smiley) but, for me, it no match for the Cobra, TVR and the faster GTC cars. Is it near other Fezza pace? Also noticed that some of the models had more setup options than others but nothing major.

Hope it proves stable through testing Smiley

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:36:07 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 12:37:21 PM +0000 »

Installing is a bit messy.

Has anyone tried my NSIS installer scripts yet? Assuming that by "messy" you just mean files going in all sorts of places (and not changes to existing GTL files) this sounds like an ideal candidate for a test...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 12:35:01 AM +0000 »

by messy he means when you extract the zip to your GTL game directory, it creates a sub-dir called 'SWB' with its own sub-dirs of 'sounds' and 'teams'. Therefore you have to manually move those two sub-dirs to their relevant place in the gamedata directory.

Really annoying when great mods have poor installs as it puts many off who would love to install/try them out. This one was easy if your fairly used to the dir structure of GTL.

oh, and Steve, no one likes a smart-arse, hehe  Wink  Grin  Though im a little confused now, what version of the 250GTO is used in that classic documentary on Shelby v Ferrari then  Huh I thought i had seen more than one documentary on the classic sparring of those two beasties  Undecided

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 09:36:42 AM +0000 »

Definitely a candidate for someone to have a go at using my scripts to make an installer then...

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 11:20:18 AM +0000 »

Definitely a candidate for someone to have a go at using my scripts to make an installer then...

Are they idiot proof? Wink Can you direct me to details and I'll gladly step aside if someone with even a little pc savvy wants a go.

Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 11:44:20 AM +0000 »

oh, and Steve, no one likes a smart-arse, hehe  Wink  Grin  Though im a little confused now, what version of the 250GTO is used in that classic documentary on Shelby v Ferrari then  Huh I thought i had seen more than one documentary on the classic sparring of those two beasties  Undecided

Naa, everyone *loves* a smartarse  Wink

Haven't see the docs, but they sound good.  The 250GTO was the ultimate development of the 250s, better aero etc, good for 170 rather than the 150-ish of the GTs (SWBs, Lussos), so I guess it could compete with the Cobras on the faster tracks.  But short on acceleration for smaller (GTL-style) tracks.

Like sbg pointed out from his test, 250 GT SWB won't be a match for the V8s, maybe fractionally slower than the 275, so possibly will be a good match to the Shelby Mustang not the Cobra!!

Must try it today......

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 12:45:12 PM +0000 »

Are they idiot proof? Wink Can you direct me to details and I'll gladly step aside if someone with even a little pc savvy wants a go.

Go here.

Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 03:07:15 PM +0000 »

Oh dear, it's really slow!   Sad  I'm guessing it needs some severe work on the setup, or could just be its an earlier car than most (1960), has no anti-roll bars, I'm guessing a live rear axle too.  Whatever, nose-heavy understeer transferring to quite amusing tail out antics under power.

Managed a 1:40.9 at Dijon GP (following some quick setup changes), which is slower than all other GTL cars (for me) bar the Elite at 1:41.2.  I can even get the Jag round quicker.......  Shocked

Anyone else getting any speed out of it?   Huh

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com