by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 07:12:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A legend is born....Ferrari 250GT SWB for GTL  (Read 7135 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 05:26:51 PM +0000 »

Whatever, nose-heavy understeer transferring to quite amusing tail out antics under power.

Sounds like fun. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 03:59:01 PM +0000 »

I've been messing around with some setups for this today. It really is very sensitive to any changes, much more so than the standard GTL cars I find.

I helped Scott C develop this car late in its creation (as an extra pair of hands), and its much much better now that he got some help to finish it off from Aristotelli, who did the P&G car physics. It was a case of starting again with the setup becuase it was so different to the one we trying to make work before, so I am still knocking it into shape but its definately going in the right direction now... still a bit of mid corner understeer unless you get the turn in just right.

Also she doesn't take kindly to turning on the brakes, so once you properly start turning in, only VERY light trail braking allowed! Wink

I attach my latest one if anyone wants to try it. D/L here >> Ferrari250GTSWB.rar

I have only been driving at Imola, so that I can truly compare the changes + I think its a very challenging track for setup because of the type of bends (Aqua Minerale is particularly hard to get working!) and it's one I know very well so that helps. I got down to a 2.17.5 but that is still slower than my trusty Alfa!! I can get 2.16's all day in that with a PB of 2.13.5!

I'm going to keep working on it because I simply HAVE to get this car to behave! It's my favourite car in the world by a mile!! I would be interested in any feedback if you get the chance to try it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:05:55 PM +0000 by baracus250gt » Logged
baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 04:13:47 PM +0000 »

by messy he means when you extract the zip to your GTL game directory, it creates a sub-dir called 'SWB' with its own sub-dirs of 'sounds' and 'teams'. Therefore you have to manually move those two sub-dirs to their relevant place in the gamedata directory.

Looks like the NoGrip original file has changed then. When I downloaded it today the RAR had a SWB folder, but in that was a GameData folder (with sounds and teams in that) so all I needed to do was drag over the GameData into my GTL root.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 09:39:18 PM +0000 »

They are still tweaking this mod by the way. An update is due out soon.  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 01:03:48 PM +0000 »

official physics patch just released.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7928

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 11:35:31 AM +0000 »

Has anyone tested this yet? I hate Ferraris but it would be nice to have some more cars to race against next season...
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 03:14:24 PM +0000 »

Patch is even more messy an install than car :'( I will try to tidy both up both for our use, ta Dave.

Keep testing chaps as, for me, this mod offer something unique and nice unlike most other mods. All being well its defo gonna get a run out next season. Unless someone can come up with a car that matches it for pace then it will be a single make race, I couldn't find a reasonable one.

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 10:45:44 PM +0000 »

Patch has certainly changed characteristics of car. Sure its more accurate but, for me, some of the fun has left and its now a very tame beast. No more spinning rear wheels through fast corners Smiley

Its not all bad. Its certainly easier to drive faster now and will hopefully be better comp to others now. And the great sound is retained.

Testing has revealed no nasties so far but please let us know if you come across any. Its installed, with patch, on the Prodigy server if you want to test it online.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 10:24:06 AM +0100 »

Gentlemen,

version 2 update has been released for this car with improved cockpits, physics and other subtle improvements. According to the author its safe to just drop this in your game folder and let it over-write the existing files but i usually find it safer to remove the old one first. (check the readme before installing)

http://www.kcendra.com/nfsbolide/nfscars.php?name=250swb&game=gtl

and we still havent used those beautiful little TR4's from the same author either.  Sad They would make a great addition to the GTL stable, especially at tracks like Mallory park, Knockhill etc
http://www.kcendra.com/nfsbolide/nfscars.php?name=tr4a&game=gtl

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 10:30:16 AM +0100 »

Good stuff MJ,

Submit them through the 'addons submission' guide system and we will glady take a closer look  Grin Wink

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:53 AM +0100 »

will do skipper !  Kiss

Did anyone test those open top Healeys? Thought Ginsters volunteered to test them out?

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 10:55:48 AM +0100 »

Not heard anything yet...but I'm sure Ginsters will be doing/has done if he said he would.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 12:21:37 PM +0100 »

Did anyone test those open top Healeys? Thought Ginsters volunteered to test them out?

I'll be testing the Corolla all/most of next week, mainly offline but I'll see if I can get it running on the Prodigy server as well. Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 12:24:00 PM +0100 »

the corollas are fine Tibs, i tested and used them many months ago offline with no probs at all.
I havent tested them online though as no one else here has deigned to install them  Sad

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 05:50:55 PM +0100 »

the corollas are fine Tibs, i tested and used them many months ago offline with no probs at all.
I havent tested them online though as no one else here has deigned to install them  Sad

I need to fill one of the UKGTL forms in for them though. Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com