The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:42:23 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R Macau 07: January 08, 2008
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 - Macau - Jan 8  (Read 9084 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 09:22:35 AM +0000 »

Ok Macau is a bitch, but give it 30mins or so and you may even start to like it.

Not for me I'm afraid. There are some corners you can barely get the car around even at 5mph let alone racing speeds. Yeah it looks good on TV but I don't want to drive it. Just my feelings, if you guys like it, enjoy it, certainly think you've picked the only car to race here. It'd be death on wheels in a single seater. laugh

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 09:25:28 AM +0000 »

...shame its WTCC  Sad  thought F3 would be a better blast. Undecided

Are you being serious here MJ? Grin At least the WTCC cars have some "padding" on them.

I really enjoy the challenge of this, and most, street circuits, and think its a blast hotlapping (well I'm not that hot) around here. I guess we'll find out how good it is for racing tonight. It obviously isn't for everyone but I'm looking forward to trying this.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 09:32:25 AM +0000 »

i thought Macau was famous for its single seater racing ala F3000 etc  Huh

Though must admit after doing some laps last night i can see how it would all end in tears rather quickly.
One question though...how the heck are we supposed to overtake anyone on this one lane course?
Its more like a rally tarmac special stage in Corsica or somefink  Tongue

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 12:49:03 PM +0000 »

i thought Macau was famous for its single seater racing ala F3000 etc  Huh

Though must admit after doing some laps last night i can see how it would all end in tears rather quickly.
One question though...how the heck are we supposed to overtake anyone on this one lane course?
Its more like a rally tarmac special stage in Corsica or somefink  Tongue

Set your car up for the straights. I'm running 1 rearwing and increased 6th gear, so that I'm doing around 240-250kp/h.
Pole position will be very important, and also damagecontrol Tongue.
Andy Eves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 05:28:01 PM +0000 »

Ruskus is right, the straights make up the time here. I was hot lapping and when i got a poor exit of the bend called Fishermans I was dropping nearly a second. Iam not sure what speed iam getting, but I know the tyres overheat.

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 06:30:17 PM +0000 »

I'm at a loose end tonight and was thinking of coming along for a race.

However after doing a few laps I'm not sure. I just don't like the track in the slightest.

It seems like a tarmac rally stage and not a race track.

There is no space to race and I think any accidents will have knock on effects for the cars behind
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 06:48:33 PM +0000 »

Seems like it's one of those love it or hate it tracks. Its voted second best track in Race07 over at RSC  Roll Eyes
Be nice to have you along Kerr, think we need the numbers.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 06:53:50 PM +0000 »

Seems like it's one of those love it or hate it tracks. Its voted second best track in Race07 over at RSC  Roll Eyes
Be nice to have you along Kerr, think we need the numbers.

Indeed. One things is for sure, it's gonna be close and very interesting. Shame you won't be with us Simon. Remember the fun at Oschers? Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 08:41:21 PM +0000 »

Well that was a complete waste of time  Sad

For a start i was only allowed to practise Macua Reverse last night Huh had no option to do the version we raced tonight.
So qually was spent trying to learn the track and pick myself out of the armco on occasion.

Race lap 1 about 2-3 cars went into the armco at T2 blocking the track so i had to run wide into the escape zone to avoid hitting anyone. Then had to wait whilst Tinman extracted himself only to quit.
Tried to catch pack up, clipped a barrrier and got a puncture only a third of a lap around. Shocked Crawled all the way around to the pits.
The AI then took over, made my G25 fully invert lock. So when the car left the slot and made its way down the pitlane, as soon as it gave me back control the car turned hard left into the barrier for crying out loud and smashed the suspension Cheesy

Graphically the game is awesome but it hasnt grabbed me at all for racing and is obviously still bugged  Sad

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 08:46:25 PM +0000 »

Couldn't finish as I'm suffering terrible pains in my lower right abdomen, right kidney and the right .... Sweating of pain now really.
Was hitting the armco more and more and was no use continuing.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 09:03:33 PM +0000 »

Couldn't finish as I'm suffering terrible pains in my lower right abdomen, right kidney and the right .... Sweating of pain now really.

Jeeze Jeff, that sounds bad! You want to get yourself looked at.
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 09:11:04 PM +0000 »

That is one very odd track. Zero space and very difficult to do a clean lap without a nudge here of there.

At the start I noticed Baracus' car creeping forward prior to the green light.

As the light went green Jeff got passed only to have a big sideways moment at 140MPH to allow me back passed.

Chasing Baracus only to realise he has to serve stop and go penalty. Unlucky.

From then on after that I had breathing space over Jeff and after he made a few mistakes I had a nice gap.

My car was dead after 3-4  laps. It was way down on power. Instead on making 152MPH at the end of the straight I was only able to make 138MPH.

The tyres were shot too. Less and less grip every lap. I need to learn this game better as I really don't the first thing about it.

Not sure about this track at all. Way too tight for my liking.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 09:12:44 PM +0000 »

Well, I'm a glutton for punishment, but I really enjoyed that.
Lost my splitter on about lap 3 but it was still drivable so managed to bring it home. Got the tyres warn message on lap 9 so was good to know the tyres only last that long.
Thanks to everyone that turned up.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 09:13:13 PM +0000 »

Hey hope you're ok Jeff. Get yourself looked at.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 09:13:46 PM +0000 »

That sounds nasty Ruskie  Shocked

Catalogue of disasters for me:-

1) Car rolled at start when I put it in gear, so I got a stop go before even starting as I dint notice it in time to dab the brake - and probably didnt have enough feet to do so anyway!

2) Annoyed - pushed too hard on opening lap and took my spoiler off

3) Stopped end of Lap 1 to serve stop/go.

4) Exiting pits got another stop/go for speeding!

5) Limped around with no splitter - served 2nd stop go.

6) Was 90 secs behind guy infront, so thought I would stop to repair the car as it was no fun.

7) Got out ahead of Brian and managed to pull away tho I guess he wasnt pushing as he had a nice lead by then it looked like.

So... in a race I could/should have won - the opposite happened and finished last Cheesy

No sir... I don't like it Smiley

Actually it was quite fun - I like the track once you get your eye in. But I agree, too many flaky bugs and odities that spoil the illusion of it actually not being a game.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 09:18:23 PM +0000 by baracus250gt » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com