Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 09:23:15 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U Watkins Glen skin/track test: January 15, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 7 - Watkins Glen (NASCAR) - Jan 15  (Read 9496 times)
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2008, 07:20:22 PM +0000 »

That was great fun early on and very boring towards the end, but a good return to GTR2 for me, since the last time I drove was Interlagos!

Practised offline from 7pm to get the gear ratios and general feel right on the Saleen, and made a dry setup. Then jumped into the server and tweaked it to see what tyres I could run in the wet. It seemed quite difficult to chose, as often the hard wets were too hot and other times too cold. It seemed a real lottery.
Spent all of Q2 running full fuel and seeing how hard wets coped over a few laps and was pleasently surprised to be getting faster and faster as the track dried. So then stuck soft wets on and managed to get pole. Grin
The warm up had me convinced to run hard wets, as my rears were running in the 90's. As the race started, the conditions were the same, so hards all round. Only they were staying cold! For the first 10 laps or so they were very under temp, but the grip wasn't so bad so I stayed out. Then the rain eased and suddenly they were running hot!  laugh

Then we realised the cock up on the distance over TS and prepared for 60 laps instead....so I wondered how far I could go on these wets....they were destroyed by about lap 35 and my team even tried to auto-pit me, turning on the blue pit icon! Finally pitted on lap 41 and took some fuel and new hard wets and then cruised to the finish. Lost concentration a lot at the end and hit the wall 2 or 3 times losing 12 seconds or so.....but no big deal.

Congrats to the podium peeps. Nice recovery from Baracus and a great return from pablo....ain't seen you around in ages Shocked
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2008, 08:16:24 PM +0000 »

Oh yes meant to say I had the same problem as Joss in the pits. In that I could not get the blue pit light to go on and eventually came in anyway to find they were waiting for me. Maybe something dodgy with the track, but didn't cause me anything real problems, just worries.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33:25 AM +0000 »

I've just this minute noticed that my Saleen has "Michelin" in the results. That can't be right can it? I assumed it ran Pirelli's...
The previous Saleen races for me @ Interlagos and St Petersberg both had Pirelli listed...maybe it's a glitch?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 08:15:44 AM +0000 »

I've just this minute noticed that my Saleen has "Michelin" in the results. That can't be right can it? I assumed it ran Pirelli's...
The previous Saleen races for me @ Interlagos and St Petersberg both had Pirelli listed...maybe it's a glitch?

There was a Pirelli car which had been mapped wrong.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 01:02:15 PM +0000 »

Cool, cheers Dave
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com