The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 05:52:55 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 88 release  (Read 5143 times)
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:10:23 PM +0000 »

That is soo cool! Grin I love how the driver sits soo close to the front of the car in the 80's, it must feel like driving a crazily powered kart!

Meant to ask this before, what's the black tin-top at the bottom and on your sig? Obviously not as fast as the F1, but looks pretty sweet none-the-less.
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 07:46:29 PM +0000 »

Nice pics Purds, never fails to amaze me how steep Eau rouge really is, it gets so flattened out on telly, like-wise for Paddock hill at Brands.
Everyone that goes to the 'Ring' also comments on how steep the terrain rises and falls compared to TV/computer sims

So how does the F1 '88 mod feel? Pretty good/realistic ?

like i said MJ unfortunately at 6'2" i can't fit inside the arrows although i've had a good go! but your right about gradients, it is generally the biggest difference between sims and real-life. The best so far for me apart from Spa is the Kraner (craner sp?) curves at Donington!

That is soo cool! Grin I love how the driver sits soo close to the front of the car in the 80's, it must feel like driving a crazily powered kart!

Meant to ask this before, what's the black tin-top at the bottom and on your sig? Obviously not as fast as the F1, but looks pretty sweet none-the-less.

thats my old mans Porsche 962, it was raced in 1988 and 1989 in Le Mans and The WSC by Derek Bell and Tiff Needell. I have raced it this season in the group c championship and won 2 races.

http://www.groupcracing.com/

Unfortunately even at 650 bhp it is not quick enough to compete against some of the later model 962's or the Silkcut jag so we have bought the R90-CK below...which at the moment outputs about 800-850bhp. It does have a 1200 bhp chip but i enjoy living lol!!!  Shocked and it has never been used. It is the same chassis as the R90-CK's in blue/red that claimed pole at 1990 le mans that Mark Blundell drove and can be seen on you tube....the only difference is the aero had been improved and it was raced in Japan up until 1993.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 08:01:07 PM +0000 »

That's absolutely awesome news Andy! taz I was wonder if Mr Agg was going to run the car again - obviously not! laugh

Quite possibly my favorite car of all time... Grin Grin Grin

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 04:09:46 AM +0000 »

So you're a Porsche man through and through eh? Make sure you're always facing MJ - he has busy fingers when it comes to Porsche fans! Grin

Just found this to waste more time I should be using working  angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbcGzfzwjgs

Love the piant job, although I don't think it's quite evil enough for us TSJ boys. I dare Simon to make the pink and black skin! Grin And why #77? I raced #22 just because it meant we only had to buy one number!  laugh laugh
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:12:37 AM +0000 by FreQ » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 12:56:00 PM +0000 »

nice new ride Purds, tt1 you lucky bugger !

You'll have to let us know when your at Brands this year as i am moving to quite near the track  Cool  I'll pop down and show you how to drive that beauty  Wink  Grin

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 02:50:51 PM +0000 »

So you're a Porsche man through and through eh? Make sure you're always facing MJ - he has busy fingers when it comes to Porsche fans! Grin

Just found this to waste more time I should be using working  angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbcGzfzwjgs

Love the piant job, although I don't think it's quite evil enough for us TSJ boys. I dare Simon to make the pink and black skin! Grin And why #77? I raced #22 just because it meant we only had to buy one number!  laugh laugh

Lol MJ has an interesting reputation!  Roll Eyes

Well the #77 came from Mark Sumpter who owns the Paragon garage. He got me into racing and as you may know he partnered with Mike Jordan in 2003 in a Porsche 996 RS (in the game with Team Eurotech). Cos Mark sponsored my car I adopted his colour scheme and number  Smiley

What racing did/do you do then FreQ? I like the cost saving measures of #22 hehe!  Wink My mate cut that video for me off of the tele so I posted it on youTube. My tyres were very worn at the end of the race!

We're not at Brands unfortunately MJ, I live in Tunbridge Wells just up the road but here is the calendar......

Official Test Day - Snetterton 14th April

Media & Test Day - Silverstone 30th April

Spa - 16th-18th May

Le Mans - 11th-15th June

Silverstone Classic - 25th-27th July

Donington - 3rd-5th October

Jarama - 24th-26th October (TBC)

A new format this year means a 30 min Sprint on the Saturday and a 90m Enduro on the Sunday (optional 2 driver).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 02:55:31 PM +0000 by purdie » Logged

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 03:57:22 PM +0000 »

What racing did/do you do then FreQ? I like the cost saving measures of #22 hehe!  Wink My mate cut that video for me off of the tele so I posted it on youTube. My tyres were very worn at the end of the race!

I used to race TKM's for my school. Wasn't all that great though, but managed 1 win at Bayford Meadows; and raced at a few circuits in the UK. We won the UK corporate games and got a trip to Spain out of it though Grin

I can't stop Porkers in GTR2, I find braking in them really difficult and the front quite difficult to turn into corners, although they are epic on corner exit. Strange becuase karts have a similar balance and weight distro.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:15:14 PM +0000 by FreQ » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com