The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 08:29:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Project February  (Read 9942 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2008, 02:54:02 PM +0000 »

As some of you may have gathered, after nearly 8 years of using my old league management system, I've finally persuaded UKGPL that it's time to join forces with SRou and migrate onto the SRou system, and from Yahoo Groups into our forums. This will allow me to decomission the server on which their system runs, as it's getting rather long in the tooth!

As a result, I'm going to be spending the next few weeks adding the necessary features into the SRou forums and league management system to enable this to happen, with the aim of getting to a point where they can being UKGPL Season 15 here whilst the last few migration tasks are completed and all their existing data brought into our systems.

You may see some minor disruption whilst this work is carried out; I'm not expecting any major changes to the forums, just tweaks here and there. Don't be surprised if you see some strange-looking events coming and going as I test stuff. Wink
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 09:23:00 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 04:01:08 PM +0000 »

Might this result in new drivers coming over to GTR2/GTL/Race '07 leagues, and vice versa?
I have never player GPL - will race info be posted on the forums in the current format as the leagues already in place here?

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:35:05 PM +0000 »

Might this result in new drivers coming over to GTR2/GTL/Race '07 leagues, and vice versa?

Perhaps a few, probably not many though.

I have never player GPL - will race info be posted on the forums in the current format as the leagues already in place here?

That's my intention, although UKGPL will remain very much a seperate organisation, running things the way they see fit.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 05:39:37 PM +0000 »

GPL is like the F1 1955 mod for rFactor isn't it? I might have to have a look for it then. Grin Especially if there's a league running.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 05:45:35 PM +0000 »

GPL is like the F1 1955 mod for rFactor isn't it? I might have to have a look for it then. Grin Especially if there's a league running.

Oh my god, you just insulted an icon  Tongue. GPL is about the '67 season of F1.

There is a GPL 2004 demo which is basically the whole version if you just download and add new tracks. So you can basically get if for free. This game is very difficult, so I warned you. But do check it, as it never hurts to just try it Cheesy
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 05:58:57 PM +0000 »

Oh my god, you just insulted an icon  Tongue. GPL is about the '67 season of F1.

oops I'm going to have to start doing some research about games sims before I mention anything about them. Lips Sealed

There is a GPL 2004 demo which is basically the whole version if you just download and add new tracks. So you can basically get if for free. This game is very difficult, so I warned you. But do check it, as it never hurts to just try it Cheesy

Worth a try. Grin
Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:43:32 PM +0000 »

Worth a try. Grin

You won't regret it if you do.....just don't give up to early, as it can be a frustrating experience at first.

Loved the rFactor mod question  Grin

Cheers,

Steven (UKGPL moderator)
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 07:52:30 PM +0000 »

Well, one old F1 car looks like another to me... Wink
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:24 PM +0000 »

So is GPL still available?

The download - is it free? totally?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:55 PM +0000 »

So is GPL still available?

The download - is it free? totally?

Yes, download the GPL 2004 demo, and just add tracks.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 10:08:32 PM +0000 »

is it multi playable?  Cheesy  Or single only?

TT   
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 10:11:31 PM +0000 »

is it multi playable?  Cheesy  Or single only?

TT   

MULTI! How else can they create a league Tongue. It requires 3rd party programs to play online. I had a lot of links to all kind of tracks and help files, but I lost them  Sad. Maybe I can ask someone which they were Smiley
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 11:52:59 PM +0000 »

I downloaded and installed. But I just get the first screen showing my graphics board name in the left top corner, then it quits to desktop.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 12:04:46 AM +0000 »

I downloaded and installed. But I just get the first screen showing my graphics board name in the left top corner, then it quits to desktop.

That had something to do with a folder compression IIRC. I'm trying to get those links which contain everything, haven't been able to contact the guy yet Smiley.

P.S Can these GPL posts be made in a seperate thread?
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 07:20:50 AM +0000 »

P.S Can these GPL posts be made in a seperate thread?

Lol, we hijacked the thread!  Grin

TT
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com