The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 05:23:31 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Silverstone Classic: July 25, 2008 - July 27, 2008
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone Classic - 25-27th July 2008  (Read 6327 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:12:26 AM +0000 »

Group C and much, much more.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:02:08 PM +0000 »

it would need to be! Went there last year and hooked up with our very own Mr Parle. I thought it was a bit lacking in atmosphere and interaction to be honest. Though to be fair i did kick myself when i sat chatting in the stands only to see the whole of Porsche Club GB (of which im a member) take to the track to do several laps...i had completely missed any announcement and had my own porker sitting in the car park  :'(  That might have improved my feeling of the day somewhat!  Embarrassed
They had also promised a 917 was going to drive, which was my whole reason for travelling up there to see the mythical beast in action. It never showed  Sad
I think you get a better feel for the cars at Goodwood revival, but hopefully they will have improved the classic from last year.

I see Le Mans Classic is in June this year  drool

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:13:44 PM +0100 »

SRou meet in Purdie's garage then. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:29:05 PM +0100 »

Is this gonna be on't telly?

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 05:56:55 PM +0100 »

SRou meet in Purdie's garage then.

Only if you have the right (replacement) GEAR.....(sorry Andy)

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 06:38:34 PM +0100 »

I'm not sure your'll find any replacement bits on the cars in the carparks!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:51:31 AM +0100 »

think Motors TV is broadcasting the entire event live all weekend. Cool

Might go again this year as a new promotion team took the event onboard and seem a lot more pro-active than the silverstone 'take your money-provide nothing' mob of last year.
All depends whether i can stomach another return trip through that bloody M1 roadworks again for mile after mile of cones  Roll Eyes

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 04:53:31 PM +0100 »

lol car is already sorted and i'm hoping to do a test next wednesday to get it all sorted once and for all  Cheesy

dont know if i'll win it again this year but i will certainly give it a go! 90 mins on Sunday will be tough!

please come down to the garage and i'm happy to show anyone round the car etc!  Grin

will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 11:18:06 PM +0100 »

Is there an event at Donnington? I suppose thats my local track, or nearest one anyway...

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 03:10:48 PM +0100 »

yeah we're on Donington national track on 3rd-5th October  Wink

...bets on a wet race!!!!  Undecided

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:57 PM +0100 »

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/224502/evo-goes-classic-racing.html

I think this is what you're all talking about, looks like evo are doing it too. If you come round to lap them, make sure they don't "Richard Hammond" you, seeing as they're probably not very experienced!  angel
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 03:52:41 PM +0100 »

just saw that FreQ, that is an expensive car cos its history so they better be careful!

I'm off tonight to Silverstone so if any of you are coming this weekend, we have a garage so come and say hello! stupid

I probably have ironically the least 'classic' looking car that will be there bar the Porsche Championship but never mind and need to make it 2 wins in a row  Roll Eyes

Testing tomorrow, Quali on Friday, 30min Sprint on sat and 90min enduro Sunday...... weather is looking good except for the occasionally light shower (friday being the worst) and I believe the setup is a bit more Goodwood than pure race meeting with lots of off-track attractions etc...... and if we're lucky some pit-girls!  Kiss

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 07:58:16 AM +0100 »

Ooooh, ddn't realise this was being shown live on motorstv. This makes up for not going and hopefully I'll be able to actually follow the races.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 06:07:39 PM +0100 »

Top 3 in the Sprint Andy, shame you couldn't fight for the win but a podium's pretty sweet none-the-less.

Gd luck tomorrow in the Feature race.  Grin
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 08:05:13 PM +0100 »

Cant beleive i missed the group c race, thought it was going to be around lunchtime. Obviously not.

lovely evening tele though. 90 mins 65-73 sportscar race. I'm glad i'm in charge of the tv Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com