by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 07:35:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL Silverstone test: February 21, 2008
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL 1.6 Skin/1.0 Track Pack Test - Silverstone (GP (1987-90)) - Feb 21  (Read 11234 times)
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 10:37:09 PM +0000 »

Is this the Silverstone GP track from the Silverstone v 5.0 pack in Downloads?

TC
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 01:20:53 AM +0000 »

No. I think it's the track called Silverstone 1988 which you can download from Nogrip.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 10:06:52 AM +0000 »

A new skin pack and a track pack including All the new tracks for S5 will be published and available from the downloads page from tomorrow. Grin

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 10:40:35 AM +0000 »

Link to new skin and track pack now added to original post  Smiley You will need both for Thursday.

Should have mentioned previously that the fuel calculations are not right for this track. You may want to do some research Wink

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:34 AM +0000 »

wont be able to make this one unfortunately.  Sad

House move went all smoothly and sweet at end of last week but the telecomms numpties set me up a shiny new account only to disconnect the line a few hours later  Roll Eyes
I am now waiting upto 2 days for BT to re-connect me and give me a phone number before i can even start my new ISP service through 'Fast' who take a further 5 days to sort via (yes you guessed it) 'BT'   taz

Enjoy the race !

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 12:07:54 PM +0000 »

I would prefer if we had a track by track option for download, like before, rather than this all-in-one. Also, some kind of a 1.5->1.6 incremental patch for skins would be nice. All this cause, for example I'm on a limited monthly bandwidth plan with my ISP, and this is a 300+MBs of downloading for skin and track pack.
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 12:21:35 PM +0000 »

I understand your plight, all the tracks in the pack can still be downloaded individually from their original source....ie nogrip generally.

The skin pack however is a slightly different story though as not everybody racing or wishing to race in s5 was also in s4, therefore the full pack is needed to ensure full compatability with what's loaded onto the server otherwise we would end up with no end of conection problems etc.

It would be possible to do an additional sub-pack containing just the differences between packs, but unfortunately I also have to find time to work occasionally too...... Wink

Having said that, all the new skins that have been added to the new pack can be found individually in this thread: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?board=55.0

you could download them and do manual installs etc....but I cannot offer any guarantees as to compatability with the server.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 01:04:11 PM +0000 »

Did any new car types make it into the skinpack ?

The TR4 mod was tested by me quite extensively and i had no troubles with it in anything i tried. (as reported on here quite a while back) I think someone else here did some tests with the 250GTO, though not sure how much. The Corolla also worked fine in everything i tried. I would really like to see some new cars used in our races, as im sure others would also.

why not throw one or two of the mods into a fun race so we can very quickly evaluate their calibre for our sim racing? ie an all TR4 race etc

Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 01:18:31 PM +0000 »

Should have mentioned previously that the fuel calculations are not right for this track. You may want to do some research Wink

Aw go on, at least give us a clue!!!  Are we gonna finish with 2/3 of a tank or run out at half distance?   Grin

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 02:29:14 PM +0000 »

Within the confines of the new skin pack.....you will also find that a Fezza 250gt appears as if by magic Grin

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 03:39:48 PM +0000 »

Aw go on, at least give us a clue!!!  Are we gonna finish with 2/3 of a tank or run out at half distance?   Grin

First one back here with the right answer wins a prize angel [In truth I've forgotten  Grin].

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 03:54:29 PM +0000 »

can i register for this? looks great  Grin

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 09:48:11 PM +0000 »

no registration needed.....just like the Queens cars Grin

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 08:52:20 AM +0000 »

I understand your plight, all the tracks in the pack can still be downloaded individually from their original source....ie nogrip generally.

There will be no mismatches if people download tracks individually? If not, we could always add link to single track in announcement post Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 09:28:36 AM +0000 »

There will be no mismatches if people download tracks individually? If not, we could always add link to single track in announcement post Smiley

If somebody is intelligent enough to install the track properly they can find it easily enough. THe problem we've had is that a lot of folks try and install the tracks themselves and get it wrong - no, I don't know how either! - so the installers have been created to protect people from themselves and us from them. Tongue

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com