by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 06:50:02 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL Silverstone test: February 21, 2008
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL 1.6 Skin/1.0 Track Pack Test - Silverstone (GP (1987-90)) - Feb 21  (Read 11112 times)
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2008, 09:53:13 PM +0000 »

Hope you all enjoyed the e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d  test  Wink laugh.....thought i would give you some praccy at the enduro b4 next week.

Having thought that though...It would have been better if I had mapped a button that would allow me to add fuel at my pit stop Roll Eyes....got some shiney new tyres but could not get the crew to add any go juice.

Still, it was fun whilst it lasted.....wish I had taken the arbath though. laugh

Any faults, etc with the packs etc...let us know on here and we will get them fixed b4 next race.

So I'll have to make a new 69 vette with a different number. Can it be submitted at this point?

If its a totally new car we may be struggling a bit to get it in now....but we will most likely be doing a mid season update.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2008, 09:58:38 PM +0000 »

If it's a number issues then it'll probably have to be a completely new car. Anyway, I'll post in the skin forum, and you guys add it at the next opportunity. Also at that time remove no 23 Drake Racing 69 vette.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2008, 10:06:23 PM +0000 »

That was cracking. Had awesome battles with Pablo and Marc. PR was too fast so it was a battle between us three. I waited a few times to continue the battle and afterwards Pablo waited a few times for me Cheesy.
I had to pit with 8 laps to go but forgot to skip tyres, so I had shiney tyres as well. So I improved my qually pace with a 50L tank by over a sec by doing a 1:33.0 Grin.

That '69 Vette is awesome and if the TC76 class is in enduro, guess what I'll be taking. Eventhough it's the worst car for enduro Grin
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 10:13:59 PM +0000 »

Thanks for providing that unexpected enduro test Bob Grin and thanks to all those that took part. If everyones pitting etc went without bug/problems then next week can be a championship counting run, no need for another test Smiley

Gotta say that we will prolly run with just the one class in enduro now, for two reasons. One, its ruddy dangerous to get TC and 76 cars sharing the same track, even when things weren't really racy like tonight. Imagine a fullish grid and the TC boys having their own battles. Secondly, with too much choice, the cars become too separated and and enduro length is far too long too spend on your own. Unless we get a full server it makes sense to keep the 20 or so runners together as much as we can.

Bugger to hear that Ade, let us know if its a problem at this end :'(

Enjoyed your skin Syd, even though I think it might be banned on some of our tracks Wink. Surprisingly, given the colour choice, gotta say the Prodigy cars looked very nice Shocked. Good work all.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:16:56 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 10:18:49 PM +0000 »

And they glow in the dark Cool

hey that was a fun, fun race. Sorry to Mr Drake for the tap In the complex. Hope it didn't unsettle your car. I span so lost sight of where you went. Always a pleasure tussling with Bill, and Picnic you sure could handle that TVR eh?
I thought it was a long race. Hope it gets dark next time  Cheesy
Well done Organisers. Bodes well for an awesome season.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:23:38 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 10:31:44 PM +0000 »

Tried to jump back on the server after the race before everyone left,got to  garage and Wiltshire Tony and Mr Oily where still in there but i just got the two names flashing up on the screen and it only let me in after they had left  Huh  any clues.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 10:36:14 PM +0000 »

Gotta say that we will prolly run with just the one class in enduro now, for two reasons. One, its ruddy dangerous to get TC and 76 cars sharing the same track, even when things weren't really racy like tonight. Imagine a fullish grid and the TC boys having their own battles. Secondly, with too much choice, the cars become too separated and and enduro length is far too long too spend on your own. Unless we get a full server it makes sense to keep the 20 or so runners together as much as we can.

Sounds good Smiley. At one point I saw Psuedoodoo's nametag but I could hardly see his Mini Grin. His white/grey skinny thing was hardly visible on the tarmac Tongue;D.

I like Stewie on the Prodigy Capri Grin. Stewie rocks! Cheesy.

But even the Prodigy cars were hard to see, as most of the time I saw their green cars on the green WinkCheesy.

Really Tibs, you don't have to go off track if you're being lapped, just stay on track and be predictable Smiley. Also well done on continueing even after so many pitvisits (s/g's?), that shows character to keep going  thumbup1 .
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:36 PM +0000 »

@ ginsters sponsored

He he, I was a little surprised when I saw a Marlboro Falcon in the bunch at the start. Consider changing teams?  Grin

@ Wiltshire Tony
No problem, it didn't lose me any time. And there were lots of those green monsters.
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008, 09:38:27 AM +0000 »

Victory is mine! Or not.  Grin

Got the G25 through finally last night and decided to test it for the first time, H shift and all. I've never had so much fun poodling around off the pace...i now see what all the fuss is about but boy does it take some retraining of the brain to tell the left foot not to brake!

Do you use the H-shift Jeff?

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 10:49:35 AM +0000 »

Hooray.  Grin My connection was upgraded yesterday - pathetic initially but improve during the day.   Roll Eyes Had only minor short term lag on a couple of occasions and one "killer" luckily very short severe lag near the end but it went away and all was well.  clown

Nice to be back folks.  Cheesy Screwed up the start and was swamped - had an off in the braking area for Stowe on lap 1.  taz After that I think I was last and started my drive back through the field.  Had a number of battles not good remembering names more the car involved.  Had a long battles with an old style corvette and a green 906. 

Finished 6th I think, which was very pleasing.  thumbup2

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 10:55:50 AM +0000 »

But even the Prodigy cars were hard to see, as most of the time I saw their green cars on the green WinkCheesy.

Really Tibs, you don't have to go off track if you're being lapped, just stay on track and be predictable Smiley. Also well done on continueing even after so many pitvisits (s/g's?), that shows character to keep going  thumbup1 .

I'd broken the steering so i had trouble keeping on the track. Embarrassed I didn't finish either, I'd just broken the steering again and been given three stop/go penalties in a row so I gave up. Embarrassed
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 11:39:09 AM +0000 »

That was a mixed bag, I struggled with the driving but it was a really good practice for the enduro.  Did 2 pitstops, all went well, learnt a bit about how the stops work, took only tyres in the first, then fuel and tyres in the second, just what I wanted, practiced quick entry and got no stop/go.   Smiley

Like Baracus I ended up in no mans land a bit, at the start he stayed with me due to my wayward driving, then I slowly dialed into the track and got a little quicker (vette and 250 GT was never fair!) and ended up in a big void with no-one to race.  Did have a fun dice with Bill's recovering 906 I think, but obviously he was quicker than my fishtailing Vette.   Cheesy

Finally after about 20 minutes started getting apexes a bit better - on those long corners I was really struggling to find the right brake and apex points, but finally managed a few sub 41s, which was better.  I retired after setting my fastest race lap straight after the second stop, hadn't really bargained on a 60-minute race.   Wink

Hope the track turns up again in the season, with a more equal field, that big wide tarmac should make for very good racing.

Some good skins out there too, nice work guys.   Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 11:43:56 AM +0000 »

ooh, did someone mention the 250GTO had made into the racing mix ? Cool  Cool
...any others?  TR4? Corolla? Gordini?

How does the GTO fit in with other car classes/makes pace-wise? And is it the version 2? patched mod ?

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 11:54:56 AM +0000 »

ooh, did someone mention the 250GTO had made into the racing mix ? Cool 
...any others?  TR4? Corolla? Gordini?

How does the GTO fit in with other car classes/makes pace-wise? And is it the version 2? patched mod ?

Only the GTO for this pack I'm afraid. still trying to assess exactly where it fits with the others....but we could always use it for a single make race Wink..and yes, it is the patched V2 mod.

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 11:59:02 AM +0000 »

i expect the Tr4's would make for a good single class race too, and/or fit in with the Elans etc  Cool

But thanks alot for introducing the GTO into the racing gents  thumbup1

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com