by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:24:39 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL Silverstone test: February 21, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL 1.6 Skin/1.0 Track Pack Test - Silverstone (GP (1987-90)) - Feb 21  (Read 11109 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 12:07:39 PM +0000 »

Did have a fun dice with Bill's recovering 906 I think, but obviously he was quicker than my fishtailing Vette.   Cheesy

Yes it was fun, problem with these yank tanks is the track width they take up.  When you have better handling car you have to go inside on the corners and you lose sight of the other car (good job they're noisy) and then it is difficult trying to get back on line for the next corner without an incident.

Hope the track turns up again in the season, with a more equal field, that big wide tarmac should make for very good racing.

Some good skins out there too, nice work guys.   Cool

Some of the shorter "bike" tracks are very narrow the yank tank virtually covers the whole corner sideways on making it a difficult decision where to try and overtake - in my case usually being too ambitious on braking.

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 12:29:22 PM +0000 »

ooh, did someone mention the 250GTO had made into the racing mix ? Cool  Cool
...any others?  TR4? Corolla? Gordini?

How does the GTO fit in with other car classes/makes pace-wise? And is it the version 2? patched mod ?

GTO?  I hardly think so!  It's the GT SWB, c'mon, get it right.   Grin

I'm sure Bara can give a better description of where it should fit, but it has roughly the weight and power of the 275 GTB, and the kind of pace he was running (taking into account his ability  Wink) looked like it is similar to the 275, so in the middle of GTC65,  bit slower than e-type, faster than healey?

Must find the time to try it out properly, it really is a handsome beast.

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 12:35:04 PM +0000 »

I'm sure Bara can give a better description of where it should fit, but it has roughly the weight and power of the 275 GTB, and the kind of pace he was running (taking into account his ability  Wink) looked like it is similar to the 275, so in the middle of GTC65,  bit slower than e-type, faster than healey?

We have done a bit of research and it seemed around the same pace as Healey/Alpine at Porto where it will be used. Any extra info from you chaps would be gratefully recieved Smiley

And I agree, it sure is pretty.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 12:55:18 PM +0000 »

I see the results have not been published yet, is there a problem?

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 02:58:03 PM +0000 »

I see the results have not been published yet, is there a problem?

There was, and now there isn't. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2008, 03:08:08 PM +0000 »

Thank you Smiley

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2008, 06:04:09 PM +0000 »

And they glow in the dark Cool

hey that was a fun, fun race. Sorry to Mr Drake for the tap In the complex. Hope it didn't unsettle your car. I span so lost sight of where you went. Always a pleasure tussling with Bill, and Picnic you sure could handle that TVR eh?
I thought it was a long race. Hope it gets dark next time  Cheesy
Well done Organisers. Bodes well for an awesome season.

Now I've seen the results and another look at your Avatar I see who was driving the green 906.  Grin  Yes it was fun particularly as it was in the closing stages.  thumbup2 You were faster than me but I managed to keep on the blackstuff more - with one eye in the mirror I was able to watch your discoing. 

Bill

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2008, 08:56:53 PM +0000 »

Do you use the H-shift Jeff?

No, sequential. For two reasons, the H-pattern feels like it's gonna break soon Tongue, and the pedals of the G25 are not suited for heal/toe (manual clutch) Smiley.

And I ain't gonna use flippers for these old cars as that's just wrong Cheesy.
Steve Holmes
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2008, 01:17:28 PM +0000 »

We have done a bit of research and it seemed around the same pace as Healey/Alpine at Porto where it will be used. Any extra info from you chaps would be gratefully recieved Smiley

And I agree, it sure is pretty.

I agree completely with your pace estimate.  Around Donny National I was a little quicker (about 0.6s) than Healey/Alpine/Merc, but about the same slower than the 275 GTB.  On a street track like Porto the heavier 250 will be similar to the Healey and Alpine.

And what a revelation it is to drive now (compared to an earlier one I tried), exactly like I'd imagine.  Sweet handling, nice balance and with just the right amount of waywardness in the live rear axle I'd expect - very noticeable round the long bumpy right hander onto the straight at Donnington.  I will SO be driving this in S5 when it's available.

Brakes are fairly awful, but it's an old car!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com